News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zakallin69

Uuuuh......totally burned with this....
Https redirecting done and repair_settings.php done.....no effect at all.
Tried both AdManager and Adsmanager (names maybe little wrong) but can't get them work.
I think it's maybe theme related (NightBreeze) or at least i've tried everything what i know and no clue why it's not working  :-\

Ranami

Please can someone help me out? I have this Ad management mod 3.5d installed on smf 2.0.15 and also added Google AdSense code in the box provided, however it seems Google can't seem to find the ad codes on my site.

Below is the message I'm getting from Google:

"We couldn't find the code on your site. This is because the code is either missing or incomplete, or because the URL of your site is incorrect"

My site: askagric.com

Any help in sorting this out will be much appreciated. Thanks!

vbgamer45

Give guests permissions to view ads
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

lurkalot

Also noticed the AddThis share mod you are using is giving a mixed content warning.  ;)

Ranami

Quote from: vbgamer45 on August 10, 2019, 11:18:51 AM
Give guests permissions to view ads
Ok just did that. Hope it works, thanks!

w0lfman

I've suddenly noticed the same situation Ranami is experiencing.  The permissions are enabled for guests.

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

vbgamer45

Can you logout of your forum. And check the page source code and see if you can the ad code.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

w0lfman

I'm sure I can with a little guidance.  Where would the page sources be located and when you say ad code do you mean add the adsense code?

vbgamer45

In the browser their is a view source menu link you can view it. Yes adsense code.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

w0lfman

Gotcha.  I can view the source, but no indication adsense being visible.  Nothing between the <head> </head> either indicating adsense

vbgamer45

adsense tags are not in the head tag area. It's in the body and it depends on your placements you have active.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

w0lfman

i was going off the email from google that stated ... Copy and paste this code in the HTML of your site, between the <head> and </head> tags.

I thought the intent of the ad management mod was to place the code in for adsense?  If I need to place the adsense code in manually do i need to delete the MOD?  Also, if i do need to delete it where exactly does the adsense code need to be placed to get the ads to display?  Everything worked previously for a number of years and suddenly stopped, so im a little confused.

vbgamer45

That is a different type of ad unit.  I have never used that type before and it will not work with this mod since it wants to be in the head tags. That looks like the option for google adsense to auto pick the location.I do not recommend that.
You want to use banners and choose your placements.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

w0lfman

I actually prefer using the ad management mod, but not sure why it suddenly stopped working as it has for several years.   My problem is the same as what Ranami is experiencing in an earlier post.

vbgamer45

head tag units are not supported by this mod never has been. That's what that adsense code is looking for.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

w0lfman

Understand, but I have never once had to add any google code out side of the Ad Management Mod.  I've never added anything related to adsense in the head or banner. I simply take the adsense code provided and copy it to the Ad Management Mod and from there make the necessary settings changes to have them displayed on the boards of my choice.  I'm just curious why that is no longer working?  It doesnt seem to be unique to my forum considering another poster in this thread has the exact same issue.

Do i need to remove the current ad management mod and update?  Just looking for an answer on what change has been made whether it be with the MOD or Adsense. 

I notice the ads are being displayed properly on this forum, so im inclined to believe the adsense code is correct.  Has to be something with the Mod or I'm missing something in the forum code that is now required that wasnt in the past.

vbgamer45

You are using the auto ads feature from adsense. Which this mod does not support
https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/7477845?hl=en

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

w0lfman

Makes no sense to me.  I created one ad in December 2014 and copied the code to the ad management mod and it has displayed them without issue until recently.  that is nearly 6 years of no problems.  i'm sorry sir, but if the ad i have created no longer works exactly what type of ad code do i need to use for the ad management mod now?

vbgamer45

You need an ad unit. The code would look like this

<script async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<!-- test -->
<ins class="adsbygoogle"
     style="display:block"
     data-ad-client=""
     data-ad-slot="5812831828"
     data-ad-format="auto"
     data-full-width-responsive="true"></ins>
<script>
     (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
</script>

Do not use anything that says or mentions AUTO ADS

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

w0lfman

Below is the ad code I have pasted into my ad management mod...

<script async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<!-- 468x60, created 7/29/08 -->
<ins class="adsbygoogle"
     style="display:inline-block;width:468px;height:60px"
     data-ad-client="ca-pub-9104616448167637"
     data-ad-slot="3606973821"></ins>
<script>
     (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
</script>

Advertisement: