News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

I would try contacting your host and see if they can disable mod_security just in case.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

davo88

Questions about up updating Ad Management mod.
SMF 2.0.17

Should an older version (3.2) of Ad Management be uninstalled before installing the latest 3.5 version?
Or can you just install the new version?

In either case, will the list of adverts be preserved or will they need to be re-entered?

Many thanks.

vbgamer45

I would suggest if you can.
Yes all data is safe in the system on uninstall.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

davo88

Thank you for your quick reply vbgamer45... much appreciated.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

swo0p

ok, so I have the some question like someone have before: I am using 2 layouts SMF Default Theme - Curve and RDD. Ive install plugin and on RDD everything works OK, but only on default the place "Display ads in the welcome user area" shows ads twice.

I was checking all the files manually and cant find any double code

Need help with this

vbgamer45

Attach your index.template.php

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

swo0p

here You are but Ive just found problem .... cache/proxy :(

thank You for help anyway

vbgamer45

Np. Glad you have it working.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

spiros

I am adding a long line in "Which boards should this ad display in" and I get:

Data too long for column 'BOARDS' at row 1
File: /home/translat/public_html/forum/Sources/Ads.php
Line: 278

Ideally, I would use an option to exclude boards from the specific ad. What can I do now?

This is the line I used:
2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51,52,53,54,55,56,57,58,59,60,61,62,63,64,65,66,67,68,69,70,71,72,73,74,75,76,77,78,79,80,81,82,83,84,85,86,87,88,89,90,91,92,93,94,95,96,97,98,99,100,101,102,103,104,105,106,107,109,110,111,112,113,114,115,116,117,118,119,120,121,122,123,124,125,126

EDIT: I changed to varchar 500

vbgamer45

Good to know for large boards!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

dsanchez

Quote from: jerm on February 01, 2006, 06:14:10 PMSources/ModSettings.php
Themes/default/index.template.php
Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php
Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php
Themes/default/Display.template.php

Hello, can you please share the list of files that need to be writable for 2.1 RC4 installation? thanks a lot!

dsanchez

Quote from: spiros on December 23, 2021, 12:00:26 PMI am adding a long line in "Which boards should this ad display in" and I get:

I understand if you left it blank, it will show in all boards.

dsanchez

Quote from: dsanchez on January 08, 2022, 09:32:45 AM
Quote from: jerm on February 01, 2006, 06:14:10 PMSources/ModSettings.php
Themes/default/index.template.php
Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php
Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php
Themes/default/Display.template.php

Hello, can you please share the list of files that need to be writable for 2.1 RC4 installation? thanks a lot!

found them here https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?action=parse

Arantor

Think you mean https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=255 in the 'packages' tab... action=parse is a generic link that doesn't contain any specific instructions.

txcas

Running version 3.5d on SMF 2.1 RC4. The permissions are not enforced correctly and ads show up for everyone including member groups where ads are not enabled. I had to turn on deny permissions on the forum and explicitly deny ads on some of the member groups.

vbgamer45

What setup do you have for permissions? Are the permissions on the primary membergroup? Or are they secondary groups?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

txcas

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 23, 2022, 08:30:47 AMWhat setup do you have for permissions? Are the permissions on the primary membergroup? Or are they secondary groups?
They are primary groups. One group is Global Moderators and the other is Donators. The "Enable ads" option is unchecked for both groups, but they still get ads. It was not until I used a deny that they stopped getting ads.

Kindred

that's because SMF has an INCLUSIVE permission system.
If a user is in *ANY* group which has the permission set to ALLOW, then the permission will be available for that user - regardless of how many groups the user is in that has a DISALLOW.

The exception if the DENY option, which is EXCLUSIVE.
If a user is in any group which has a permission set to DENY, then the permission will be UNavailable for that user - regardless of how many groups the user is in that has a ALLOW.

In other words, it sounds like the permissions are working exactly as expected based on SMF's design.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Pyrhel

Hello, I just wanted to say that the left padding on the odd elements is a bit strange :P

Advertisement: