News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CtheProducer

Not sure if I am just missing it or not, but in SMF 2.0 RC1 there is nowhere in the Membergroup permissions to enable "adverts" or "Enable ads"........... Anyone have any idea? Thanks

Mystery?

Can you update this mod for full RC1 compatibility because I get errors in my error log because of this mod.
Join my NEW website that I just created and be a big part of it (July 30, 2010): http://www.gamerstatic.net

TDNY

Chalk up another Default core vers. 1.1.8 that uploaded fine with no errors, installed all ok. Nothing works on this. I have nothing in Admin/ config that says ad management. No tabs, nothing.

PalmBeachPreps

Version 1.1.8 - NO GO for me.  :(  I attempted to install and got this warning:
QuoteError in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

JamesD01

Quote from: Mystery? on March 08, 2009, 08:01:09 PM
Can you update this mod for full RC1 compatibility because I get errors in my error log because of this mod.
What errors?

Also I believe the author is doing a re-write of the mod for the smf 2.0 series.

Quote from: CtheProducer on March 07, 2009, 11:44:20 PM
Not sure if I am just missing it or not, but in SMF 2.0 RC1 there is nowhere in the Membergroup permissions to enable "adverts" or "Enable ads"........... Anyone have any idea? Thanks
Use the classic view in the permissions then it should be there..

Quote from: TDNY on March 08, 2009, 09:24:11 PM
Chalk up another Default core vers. 1.1.8 that uploaded fine with no errors, installed all ok. Nothing works on this. I have nothing in Admin/ config that says ad management. No tabs, nothing.
There is a Ad management link on the sidebar on the admin panel.

Quote from: AlreeGator on March 09, 2009, 09:12:02 PM
Version 1.1.8 - NO GO for me.  :(  I attempted to install and got this warning:
QuoteError in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.
Conflict with another mod probably, best to go to the authors site (www.smfads.com).
Best regards,
James

HR

I'd really like to get a look at somebody's default template files for this.. manual edits blow dog.. I originally edited it out for alignment issues but trying to work it back in..

Forgot to mention.. 2.0b4

I can explain this as simply as possible.. If I do it & implement I guarantee it.
If I do it and you implement it its a crap shoot.

dejanlesi

Hello!
I have SMF version 1.1.7 and installed this mod through the package manager and everything went smoothly.. But in the configuration panel the space opened up but there is no new button ad management.. Could somebody give me some advice on this?

JamesD01

Quote from: dejanlesi on March 10, 2009, 04:32:41 PM
Hello!
I have SMF version 1.1.7 and installed this mod through the package manager and everything went smoothly.. But in the configuration panel the space opened up but there is no new button ad management.. Could somebody give me some advice on this?
Hiya,

Is that the only problem you're getting?
I'm guessing the mod wasn't installed properly..

Can you give a screenshot of your Admin Panel?
Best regards,
James

quirkyjake

Quote from: Low on March 07, 2009, 10:20:02 AM
Doesn't work for 1.1.8.

It installs fine but no ads show. Yes! I've got it set correctly.

Any support?
I'm having the same issue.  I've got everything set correctly in Ad Mod but no ad is showing.  Do I need to set something elsewhere?

Btw, this has all the makings of an awesome mod.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

QJ

quirkyjake

Ah, it only works on the default core and was viewing on Babylon. 

How do I get it to appear on all templates?

Thanks for a great mod!
QJ

HR

Quote from: quirkyjake on March 10, 2009, 10:31:00 PM
Ah, it only works on the default core and was viewing on Babylon. 

How do I get it to appear on all templates?

Thanks for a great mod!
QJ

Manual edits

I can explain this as simply as possible.. If I do it & implement I guarantee it.

texbrazos

Hi,
I am new here, I have a forum called hxxp:www.dallasforum.dfwdallas.com [nonactive] and I installed the ad mod on my site.  I got it installed and can view the google ads only when I am logged in.  Does anyone know why the ads will not display unless you are logged in?  Please help, I do not know alot about coding.  I mainly use html and photoshop programs.  I am learning a whole new program with the forums, please simplify if possible.
Thanks,
Tex

HR

Check your permissions for guest from admin and make sure view ads is selected.

SWR

I'm using the theme DS-Natural by Dziner Studios in SMF 2.0 RC1.

I loaded the Ad Management Mod and it works partially.  I can place almost all of the horizontal type ads but not the tower ads.

Can anyone give me the manual edits that will make the mod fully functional for this theme?  Dziner Studios support isn't much help.

Thanks.

HR

Because of the way DZ themes are coded the side ads wont function correctly they do have a post on their forums about the code placement though.. just do a search and have a look.

quirkyjake

I have an ad placed under the menu on every page but only logged in members can view it.  How to get this viewable by all?  I'm using 1.8.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

QJ

TDNY

Quote from: dejanlesi on March 10, 2009, 04:32:41 PM
Hello!

I have the same thing with a 1.1.7 upgraded to 1.1.8 default core I even have space in the permissions area with check boxes but no writing. Anyone have the answer to put this puzzle to rest?
TD

KirkhamsEbooks

Aloha

I'm getting double ads after upgrading from 2.0 beta to 2.0 irc. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the ad mod

Has this come up yet?

Rick

TDNY

Quote from: TDNY on March 08, 2009, 09:24:11 PM

Got it done, went to smfads site and read that you need to change from english UTF-8 to English. Up and running very well, great mod thanks!

TD

igordr

Mod is good... But best way to add something is to edit index.template.php ...

Advertisement: