News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clewis789

Quote from: Rohan_ on September 07, 2009, 02:00:32 PM
go in packages > option > standard files are writable

yeah that is what I already had.
My Mods:

Playstation 3 Avatars - http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2150

Xbox 360 Avatars - Will be up very soon.

Nintendo Wii Avatars - Coming Soon

Rohan_

Quote from: clewis789 on September 07, 2009, 05:53:48 PM
Quote from: Rohan_ on September 07, 2009, 02:00:32 PM
go in packages > option > standard files are writable

yeah that is what I already had.

login in ftp right click on packages go in file permissions then select 777 and also select apply for subfolders .. then try to install it :)
Proud To Be An Indian

daveb26

im on SMF 1.1.10 and cant install this, i get error msg

babjusi

Quote from: daveb26 on September 08, 2009, 01:52:56 PM
im on SMF 1.1.10 and cant install this, i get error msg

Can you post a screenshot of the error message?

kanderson88

waiting for update to the newest version of smf, please hurry

FeDe.RuLeZ

~ Forum Support  ~ News  ~ Download Center  ~ Media Center  ~ Link Directory  ~ Arcade  ~ Anche Supporto SMF!

ne-yola

Hello all,

I am using smf1.1.10 and babylonian theme and i have been using simple portal to manage my ads but haven't been satisfied because of the browser views and other screen resolution issues.

I would love to install adsense manually if i could be guided to the exact locations in the codes where they should be installed

(1) The first location is on top( horizontally).. Just below the Navigation buttons such as "home", forum", help" e.t.c and i want this to appear on all pages

(2) The 2nd position is at the bottom , just above the smf signature and i want this to appear horizontally on all pages.

(3) I want the third position to appear only on the front page and it would be vertical to the right "somewhere were recent items are posted, to the right of it

(4) lastly, I want adsense to be installed at the bottom of every 1st post in a board.

Thans and expecting ur help

the admod gives error

fmsllc

nice mod, worked very well for me.

ne-yola

Quote from: fmsllc on September 09, 2009, 05:35:58 PM
nice mod, worked very well for me.
well dats you, doesn't work for me

Yahmez

Quote from: ne-yola on September 09, 2009, 04:09:54 PM
Hello all,

I am using smf1.1.10 and babylonian theme and i have been using simple portal to manage my ads but haven't been satisfied because of the browser views and other screen resolution issues.

I would love to install adsense manually if i could be guided to the exact locations in the codes where they should be installed

(1) The first location is on top( horizontally).. Just below the Navigation buttons such as "home", forum", help" e.t.c and i want this to appear on all pages

(2) The 2nd position is at the bottom , just above the smf signature and i want this to appear horizontally on all pages.

(3) I want the third position to appear only on the front page and it would be vertical to the right "somewhere were recent items are posted, to the right of it

(4) lastly, I want adsense to be installed at the bottom of every 1st post in a board.

Thans and expecting ur help

the admod gives error

If you can get the ad mod to install it can put ads in most/all of the areas you need. What error is it giving you?

ne-yola

it can't install on "default display and default index" and even i am using babylonian not default

John Kitchens

I don't know about the manual installation. It seems to work better if you install the zipped file from your admin center.

sudarsan7532

hello,

initially i was using the default SMF core theme for my forum, yesterday i installed a new theme and i found that the "Ad management 2.3" mod is not working in the new theme.

Could you help me figure out a way to make the admanagement mod to work with the new theme.

here are the detials:
forum version: 1.1.10
current forum theme: OrangeT
mod: Ad management mod version 2.3

Looking forward eagerly for your reply. please do help :) Thanks

Rohan_

it only works with the default theme ... u need to make changes to your theme files to make it work
Proud To Be An Indian

John Kitchens

Hello Sudarsen7532,

I had the same problem, but I was using a different theme. This is what I did to get my problem solved: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=68632.msg2238898#msg2238898

John Kitchens

feona

I did install this. And it worked great. At least I thought it did.
Until I found out only the moderators can actually see the ads.

What did I do wrong? Fixable?

Rohan_

go in permissions then check the group permissions
Proud To Be An Indian

sudarsan7532

Quote from: John Kitchens on September 11, 2009, 03:44:20 PM
Hello Sudarsen7532,

I had the same problem, but I was using a different theme. This is what I did to get my problem solved: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=68632.msg2238898#msg2238898

John Kitchens

hi mate i clearly understood everything, i installed it, but it is showing template parse error.

I would be really happy if you could manually install the ad management mod in the "OrangeT" theme and give edited theme to me :)

thanks in advance :)

here are the details:
forum version: 1.1.10
current forum theme: OrangeT
mod: Ad management mod version 2.3

John Kitchens

Quote from: sudarsan7532 on September 13, 2009, 06:55:03 AM
I would be really happy if you could manually install the ad management mod in the "OrangeT" theme and give edited theme to me :)

Hey I am sure you would, but I don't have time to do that. I struggled to get mine working on my own. I am trying to help others, but I don't have the time to do it for you.

John Kitchens

Advertisement: