News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerm

After some work, I completed it. Welcome ads no longer work because I couldn't figure out how to code it. If someone can let me know how to do it and give me the code, I'll release another sub version.

jerm

Also, could people confirm this works. I have tested it on my development site but I have no beta testers anymore. Thanks.

raing3

Thanks for the MOD update. Just installed, configured and gave it a quick test on 2.0RC2 and so far no complaints. Thanks for the update!

smp420

It works but with left or right side ads there is a bug look at the attached screenshot.
"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out." -Jack Buck

jerm

Quote from: smp420 on November 23, 2009, 12:19:39 AM
It works but with left or right side ads there is a bug look at the attached screenshot.
Fixed. Uploaded and replaced the file. It should be fixed now. Thanks.

Dharshan

Woot!

it works..
Thanks for the great work!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

you r the man....... thanks for the great work..

www.pcguide.exofire.net/forum

is there a way to display ads at the end of first post (within the first post) ??
R I P  : Steve Jobs | you made the world today look how it is | Thank you

Afro

As soon as i added the mod RC2, the message index went blank.

every other places are showing ok.
strange, i changed the messageIndex.template file with a new brand one, and its still blank.
i uninstalled mod and its still blank

MultiformeIngegno

Afro are you using the default theme..?
RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum), Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

mseraphim

Quote from: jerm on November 21, 2009, 10:59:10 PM
I will be trying to get a new version out that is compatible with RC2. I appologize. I have been very busy the last couple weeks and haven't had time to put work into this. I don't get paid for the work I put in here. Please remember that.

Hi Jerm,

I just want to say thank you for your willingness to create this mod for RC2!!! Will be testing it right away!!

MSeraphim

Afro

Quote from: lorenzone92 on November 23, 2009, 03:09:04 AM
Afro are you using the default theme..?

yes, but i found out the problem was from the added codes in displaytemplate.php

MultiformeIngegno

So is code from other mods?
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

Afro

no, the ad mod code in displaytemplate.
i removed it for now. pending

MultiformeIngegno

Did you notice any error during the installation?

Afro

Yea, some mod conflicts , which i edited manually

the_shadow

i'm using black rain V2 theme and in this theme i'ad got errors in all this files

someone can helpme???

thnkx

c23_Mike

Hi there !

Here at the installation all went very handsome, not one glitch. Now I have to test how it works, have created an ad but cannot see it, how are boards countet (1,2,3..) where can I see which board has what sort of number?
So long, Mike

http://www.c23.at
c23 - DER Computer Club
~ never play alone ~

Arantor

Board ids are visible in the URL itself, for example index.php?board=1.0 is board id 1 and index.php?board=2.0 is board id 2.

dillon

Love this mod and have lots of advertisers that only advertise on certain boards.  I want to make special advertisers in my classifieds section that does not have a board number for me to specify specific ads within this section only.  Does that mean I can not use this feature there?

Path to it is this, there is no board #:

www.url.com/smfforum/index.php?action=classifieds

Arantor

Not without modifying the software, no.

dillon

Thanks for your reply.  Is this a large job?  What would need to be modified, the classifieds mod or the ad mod?

Advertisement: