News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_shadow

Quote from: the_shadow on November 23, 2009, 07:49:01 AM
i'm using black rain V2 theme and in this theme i'ad got errors in all this files

someone can helpme???
thnkx

i can´t add manually, i can't find the places to do it!!!! :S :(

sudarsan7532

Quote from: the_shadow on November 25, 2009, 10:30:49 AM
Quote from: the_shadow on November 23, 2009, 07:49:01 AM
i'm using black rain V2 theme and in this theme i'ad got errors in all this files

someone can helpme???
thnkx

i can´t add manually, i can't find the places to do it!!!! :S :(

hello,

this mod cant be installed in some new themes, so better you create some ad space manually in your forum

edit index.template.php tp manually create ad space.

Eelko

Hello,

I have now manualy installed this mod but only members can see the ads ?
If you are a guest you can see it?

See screenshot:
www.meidenhoekje.nl   | www.quiqr.eu

poolhall

@Eelko

You need to enable ads in Permissions for Guests .

javierjp

Hi, im using this wonderfull mod since long time ago, congratulations!

My question is:

Would be possible to create diferent ads for different user groups in future versions? you think this can be added?
I mean add a permissions feature.

thanks in advance
best regards

ewealths

I have been reading this post from the beginning, slept woke up, still reading, but never seem to get the gist on this, PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME SIMPLIFY THE PROCESS, I currently use default theme, version of smf is 1.1.10, I want to run ads
I have uploaded the ad management mod but can not find it again to "modify" do I even need to modify it, PLEASE I JUST WANT TO GET THIS WORKING? Thanks in ADVANCE...

Please is this correct

Installing this package will perform the following actions:
   Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Code    install.php    
2.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test successful
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php    Test successful
8.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
9.    Extract File    ./Sources/Ads.php    
10.    Extract File    ./Sources/LoadAds.php    
11.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/Ads.template.php    
12.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/Ads.english.php

if it is WHY is there no Test successful for other files

ewealths

There is a new link there called "Ad Management" .
Clicking on this link will bring up the configuration screen for the Ad Management Mod. In here you will see 4 tabs, Edit ads, Add ads, Reports and Credits.

But I can't find anything like that in my own, I uploaded to my site, what I found is
   1.  install.xml (12375 bytes)
   2. LoadAds.php (8939 bytes)
   3. package-info.xml (1075 bytes)
   4. readme.txt (1759 bytes)
   5. Ads.php (11778 bytes)
   6. Ads.english.php (11679 bytes)
   7. Ads.template.php (25316 bytes)
   8. install.php (2370 bytes)

Do I need to unzip before I upload,the above is not even in configuration path, please I need help, thanks

Arantor

install.php runs and is deleted, package-info.xml is also deleted since it isn't necessary.

LoadAds.php and Ads.php should be in Sources/, Ads.english.php in Themes/default/languages/, Ads.template.php in Themes/default/.

The install should have managed those for you.

ewealths

Quote from: Arantor on November 27, 2009, 10:06:57 PM
install.php runs and is deleted, package-info.xml is also deleted since it isn't necessary.

LoadAds.php and Ads.php should be in Sources/, Ads.english.php in Themes/default/languages/, Ads.template.php in Themes/default/.

The install should have managed those for you.

I can't find the ad mod in my configuration or anywhere except in packages and will I modify this mod to show google ads, thanks for your prompt reply expecting more...

Arantor

Please can we have a screenshot of your admin area?

(Please note, I didn't write this mod, I have never used it, but know a little something about modding in general)

ewealths

Am so sorry that I do understand what you mean by screenshot (a total newbie) and am also sorry to border you this much am just worried that a mod is giving me problem, I just want to add google adsense to my earning.
But I am seeing on my site all that is given below:

Main
Administration Center
Support and Credits
News and newsletters
Packages
Configuration
Features and Options
Server Settings
Current Theme
Themes and Layout

Forum
Boards
Posts and Topics
Calendar
Search
Smileys and Message Icons
Attachments and Avatars
Members
Members
Membergroups
Permissions
Registration
Ban List
Maintenance
Forum Maintenance
Generate Reports
Forum Error Log

Administration Center
Welcome,
This is your "Administration Center". From here, you can edit settings, maintain your forum, view logs, install packages, manage themes, and many other things.
If you have any trouble, please look at the "Support & Credits" page. If the information there doesn't help you, feel free to look to us for help with the problem.
You may also find answers to your questions or problems by clicking the Help symbols for more information on the related functions.
Update Available!
You're using an outdated version of SMF, which contains some bugs which have since been fixed. It is recommended that you update your forum to the latest version as soon as possible. It only takes a minute!
Help Live from Simple Machines...
You are unable to connect to simplemachines.org's latest news file.

Support Information
Version Information:
Forum version: SMF 1.1.10
Current SMF version: SMF 1.1.10
(more detailed)

Forum Administrators:
Support and Credits
Get support on common issues and version information to give if you have problems.    
Features and Options
Change or set options that control how this forum operates.
Forum Maintenance
Optimize tables, make backups, check for errors, and prune boards with these tools.    
Permissions
Change restrictions and available features globally or to specific boards.
Themes and Layout
Setup and manage your themes and set or reset theme options.    
Packages
Install new features or modify existing ones with this interface.
Smileys and Message Icons
Install new smiley sets, add smileys to existing ones, or manage your message icons.    
Members
View the member list, search for members and manage not-yet-approved members and members who haven't activated their account yet.

AND THEN UNDER PACKAGES IS IT SHOWING THIS

Browse Packages
Modification Packages
   Mod Name    Version    
1.    Ad Managment    2.3    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
Installed mods: current version older version

List files in package
Files in archive ad_mod_1-1-x_v2-3.zip:

1. install.xml (12375 bytes)
   2. LoadAds.php (8939 bytes)
   3. package-info.xml (1075 bytes)
   4. readme.txt (1759 bytes)
   5. Ads.php (11778 bytes)
   6. Ads.english.php (11679 bytes)
   7. Ads.template.php (25316 bytes)
   8. install.php (2370 bytes)

[ Back ]

anto74

Thanks for this Mod.
Works almost perfect in my RC2 forum but i have one problem: the ads not shows in welcome user area...! ( only in this place...in other place works ok! )
Any can helps me?
Antonio

carbonize

Quote from: jerm on November 22, 2009, 11:34:57 PM
After some work, I completed it. Welcome ads no longer work because I couldn't figure out how to code it. If someone can let me know how to do it and give me the code, I'll release another sub version.
C a r b o n i z e

MazdaClubTR

Hi ,

I have been using this great mod for months on my main site and today I have just installed it on my test site for SMF 2 RC2

I have set a test ad as follows ;

Display ads within posts ( between 1st and 2nd message )
Display ads under child boards

and

Display ads in the welcome user area

I can see the first two but I can not see the ad in the welcome user area. What can be the reason ?

Test site link is as follows ;

http://www.mzdclbtr.com

SMF RC2 , default theme, Ad Management 2.3.6 installed

anto74

Quote from: carbonize on November 28, 2009, 04:16:32 AM
Quote from: jerm on November 22, 2009, 11:34:57 PM
After some work, I completed it. Welcome ads no longer work because I couldn't figure out how to code it. If someone can let me know how to do it and give me the code, I'll release another sub version.
Thanks  :)
Antonio

MazdaClubTR

Feeling stupid :P Anyway thanks for the reply :)

yourdailysaver

hello seniors,

i have upgraded to smf 2.0 RC2 and using curve theme. in any area i place my ads it shows only in some of the admin pages (backupdatabase page, empty catch page. ...) no other pages display my ads. seniors please help.

Kenny01

Quote from: yourdailysaver on November 28, 2009, 02:59:47 PM
hello seniors,

i have upgraded to smf 2.0 RC2 and using curve theme. in any area i place my ads it shows only in some of the admin pages (backupdatabase page, empty catch page. ...) no other pages display my ads. seniors please help.
Check your permission settings.

ewealths

the solution to all of smf ad mod can be found on the the creator of the site forum, though the site is up for sale but he still provide vital solution, I fund answers to mine: My problem was after I installed it was not showing in Admin, it was an headache but the answer is here:hxxp:www.smfads.com/forums/index.php?topic=1802.0 [nonactive]

MegaByte

This doesn't install under 2.0 RC2 using PostgreSQL as the database.

ERROR: syntax error at or near "NOT"
LINE 2: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS smf_ads (
^
File: /web/forums/Packages/temp/install.php
Line: 31

Advertisement: