News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vicram10

Quote from: ekoree on May 19, 2010, 10:39:53 AM
Cannot thank Vicram enough.

You're welcome

Quote from: ekoree on May 19, 2010, 10:39:53 AM
Just to confirm - am to upload these files overwriting what was there?

first make a backup of your original files, then overwrite the files

@forumnepali: SMF version?

forumnepali

forum verision is Powered by SMF 2.0 RC3

vicram10

attach your index.php (root file)
another mod will have changed that part

forumnepali

please give me more info where can i find that index.php file ??

forumnepali

i think you need this index file path is here /public_html/index.php

vicram10

okay, unistall (ignoring the error), later (finish the uninstall), replace, your index.php

forumnepali

ekoree

Thanks. Ads displayed, except they are towers, messing up the whole page. Also, this error msg was dsiplayed at the top :
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/ekooniba/public_html/Sources/Load.php(1733) : eval()'d code(17) : eval()'d code on line 1

2. The menu bar at the top for  is no longer displaying
3.Can i still modify ads in the mod, or replace the google code without reverting to you for help on the files again ?

forumnepali

Yes Thanks its working but Error is showing

PLease se logs

http://sad.com/index.php?action=admin;area=ads;sa=add;b4650ccfb=db87a208d37643fd2227e480f41522a88: Undefined index: descriptionFile: /home/sd/public_html/Themes/default/GenericMenu.template.php
Line: 284

Thank you for hepling me

vicram10

Quote from: ekoree on May 19, 2010, 11:15:53 AM
Thanks. Ads displayed, except they are towers, messing up the whole page. Also, this error msg was dsiplayed at the top :
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/ekooniba/public_html/Sources/Load.php(1733) : eval()'d code(17) : eval()'d code on line 1

I do not know which is the reason for your error, because the added code is correct
but, what is the code you want to add? (in your ad management panel)

2. The menu bar at the top for  is no longer displaying

Not understand, any "screenshot" to see

3.Can i still modify ads in the mod, or replace the google code without reverting to you for help on the files again ?

yes, you can modify (replace) any ads in any moment, in your ad management panel...

Quote from: forumnepali on May 19, 2010, 11:48:41 AM
Yes Thanks its working but Error is showing
PLease se logs
http://sad.com/index.php?action=admin;area=ads;sa=add;b4650ccfb=db87a208d37643fd2227e480f41522a88: Undefined index: descriptionFile: /home/sd/public_html/Themes/default/GenericMenu.template.php
Line: 284
Thank you for hepling me

error only came in the index.php (when you uninstalling) or in another file?

ekoree

Sorry, I have been having issues with the internet connection. Its slow. It went off as we were conversing. Now, the menu bar and logo are displaying again. However, the error msg displayed again. Dont know if this is a function of page not fully loading as the internet link is so slow. The site is www.ekoonibajeng.com
Thank you so much

ekoree

Thanks vicram.
i have not been able to place the google analytics, addthis codes, not knowing where to place them.
Also couldn't get the global headers and footers mod, and baker's dozen pages mod to work.
I really wanted a home page with hot topics only, perhaps i need a redirect function for that.
You have been of tremendous help to me, already.
God bless you.

vicram10

QuoteGod bless you.

always blesses me, giving health, to my family

you're welcome, but I need more explanation for this part

Quote from: ekoree on May 19, 2010, 03:48:20 PM
i need a redirect function for that.

Robin1989

hey ive had a quick look through the features listed on the first page and couldnt see a feature for targeting ads to certain coutries/areas like have it show 1 ad for usa and a different one for europe and asia etc.  if it isnt a feature yet could i please request it as a feature

ekoree

Quote from: vicram10 on May 19, 2010, 05:52:29 PM
QuoteGod bless you.

always blesses me, giving health, to my family

you're welcome, but I need more explanation for this part

Quote from: ekoree on May 19, 2010, 03:48:20 PM
i need a redirect function for that.
Thanks. What i want is a fresh home page which will carry select hot topics only, qith categories and boards lined up at the top. An example of such is found on this site - www.nairaland.com. Really don't know if what was used id the redirect feature or mod.

RomiReinner

Hey there.

as per your instructions i parsed the page for my smf 1.1.11 and inserted the stuff in my theme index.template.php and boardindex.template.php , but i was able to insert everything except the line which says </td> ...i have found 4 such </td>s so am not sure which one to use. Can you help me with this?

Also my theme files does not have Display.template.php , MessageIndex.template.php . Am i doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance :D.

ekoree

Hi Vicram, don't know what to do. Tried to work in the ad mgt mod to change the way the ads are displayed. Now the ads no longer display at all with this error msg being displayed instead : Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/ekooniba/public_html/Sources/Load.php(1733) : eval()'d code(17) : eval()'d code on line 1

vicram10

Quote from: ekoree on May 20, 2010, 01:40:27 AM
Really don't know if what was used id the redirect feature or mod.
mmm... I don't know

Quote from: ekoree on May 20, 2010, 06:08:28 AM
Hi Vicram, don't know what to do. Tried to work in the ad mgt mod to change the way the ads are displayed. Now the ads no longer display at all with this error msg being displayed instead : Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/ekooniba/public_html/Sources/Load.php(1733) : eval()'d code(17) : eval()'d code on line 1

What code you add in the AD Management?

ekoree

Quote from: vicram10 on May 20, 2010, 09:13:41 AM
Quote from: ekoree on May 20, 2010, 01:40:27 AM
Really don't know if what was used id the redirect feature or mod.
mmm... I don't know

Quote from: ekoree on May 20, 2010, 06:08:28 AM

What code you add in the AD Management?

I did not add any code. The google adsense code placed in the content part was already there. Was trying to change the size or placement position through these options :

Which boards should this ad display in 
Display ads within posts 
Display ads after categories 
Type  HTML PHP
Display ads on every page right below the menu 
Display ads on board index 
Display ads on message index 
Display ads on the post page 
Display ads after the last post 
Display ads on every page on the top of the page 
Display ads in the welcome user area 
Display ads on the bottom of the page 
Display ads on every page as a tower on the left side 
Display ads on every page as a tower on the right side 
Display ads under child boards 

vicram10

yes, i know...
just want to see a screenshot of that part to see if it's okay

anyway use this mod, with this mod you can see the exact error (for example, your error is not in the load.php if not elsewhere)

Disable Template Eval

Advertisement: