News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_pi

Quote from: Kindred on August 24, 2010, 06:50:55 PM
?  whyever is it not?  Because I expect you to do some work on your own rather than handing you answers on a platter?  These questions are the main reason that we added the parser into the mod site.

when lecturing makes you happy, then you made your point. but other than that your remark doesn't help me.

Kindred

_pi,

yes, it does.  Rather than review your files, or hand you an answer, which may solve this one issue, but does you no good in the future or for any other problems, I pointed you to the location where you can get the answer (and handle similar questions in the future)

You know the old saw - give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach him how to fish and he eats for a lifetime.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

_pi

Quote from: Kindred on August 24, 2010, 07:23:24 PM
_pi,

yes, it does.  Rather than review your files, or hand you an answer, which may solve this one issue, but does you no good in the future or for any other problems, I pointed you to the location where you can get the answer (and handle similar questions in the future)

You know the old saw - give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach him how to fish and he eats for a lifetime.

no my friend. this is the Ad Management mod support thread. i asked my questions and you step in with useless info.
i already removed all code by hand and then installed again. that took me some time. and since i don't understand the logic for displaying ads in admin right now, i asked here. your message i do understand that asking here is not allowed.

Kindred

you asked, but the answer is in the code that I pointed you to, so my information was not useless.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Their are only 6 files modified with this mod, it should not be too hard to remove it "completely". then re-install the mod.

If your having so much trouble removing the mod manually so it can be re installed, you can attach them here and I will explain any parts you missed.

On the other hand, Kindred is right, you should try to learn the code rather than have it done for you, it will be better for you in the long run. Also you can request support here freely as that's what this topic is for.

So if you attach your files here I will point out what (if anything) your missing, this way you can get things done and see the error in your ways ;)

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

gbsothere

I'm helping a member install this on his custom theme (for 1.1.11).

Would someone take a look at this custom index.template.php (attached) and tell me where, exactly, to place this bit of code?  (I have the others sorted.)  It's the "find" string that's throwing me.

Find:
</td> 

Add After:
';
//Welcome Ads
if (function_exists("show_welcomeAds"))
{
$ads = show_welcomeAds();
if(!empty($ads))
{
echo '<td class="windowbg2">';
if($ads['type']==0)
echo $ads['content'];
else
eval($ads['content']);
echo '</td>';
}
unset($ads);
}
echo '

Comparing this to default's template, I'm just not sure about the best place for this.  (It's Reference 1111, if that even matters.)

Thanks.   ;)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

This would be the ad in the welcome area with the user information.

The way I find out custom ads, is to get the found line in default, and check which function that part is in, then go to that function for the custom theme too, look carefully at the code following the globals and go down until you see similarities in the code

SMF 2.0 RC5

gbsothere

Quote from: JohnCcCcCc on August 25, 2010, 01:10:44 PM
This would be the ad in the welcome area with the user information.

The way I find out custom ads, is to get the found line in default, and check which function that part is in, then go to that function for the custom theme too, look carefully at the code following the globals and go down until you see similarities in the code

I was trying that and found myself in the upshrink, but then it veered off into something a bit odd.  *grin*  (Actually, what I'm trying to do is to avoid a template parse error, since it's someone else's forum.)  I suppose I could install this and the theme on one of my test boards, but I hate to do that, since my test board is already overladen with everyone else's themes and mods.   :D

Edit:   What do you think about just before the random news, John? 
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Well I will attempt to make the edit, I will make sure their is not a parse error :)

But I am right in assuming this is the ad in the user information area?

SMF 2.0 RC5

gbsothere

Quote from: JohnCcCcCc on August 25, 2010, 01:28:02 PM
Well I will attempt to make the edit, I will make sure their is not a parse error :)

But I am right in assuming this is the ad in the user information area?

It does seem to be.  I ran the "find string" on default's template and it landed in this block of code:

</form>';
}

echo '
</td>
</tr>

</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>';

echo '
<table id="upshrinkHeader2"', empty($options['collapse_header']) ? '' : ' style="display: none;"', ' width="100%" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" border="0">
<tr>';

// Show a random news item? (or you could pick one from news_lines...)

So I'm assuming this is the general area, but this custom theme is throwing with its "try and guess" layout.   :D

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

I was looking right before the news I just got the code, doing that you would have to remove that last echo however

Its that or before search, If I'm correct, which I think I am, that ad would be floated right, so it could be placed in a few places to work correctly.

Try the news one 1st here is what it should look like.

//Welcome Ads
                     if (function_exists("show_welcomeAds"))
                     {
                        $ads = show_welcomeAds();
                        if(!empty($ads))
                        {
                           echo '<td class="windowbg2">';
                           if($ads['type']==0)
                              echo $ads['content'];
                           else
                              eval($ads['content']);
                           echo '</td>';
                        }
                        unset($ads);
                     }
                          // Show a random news item? (or you could pick one from news_lines...)

Try that, I believe its parse error free

HOLD up on this, let me look at the code you got their, ok, I guess give it a shot then

SMF 2.0 RC5

gbsothere

No template parse!  You are a gentleman and a scholar, sir.   :D

Not being familiar with the mod, I'm not sure what I'm looking for, so I'll have to click around to see if it's enabled, but no template parse error, so I'm a happy camper. 

Thanks!   ;)

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Be sure to post back, their are several other places which may fit the edit :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

gbsothere

Quote from: JohnCcCcCc on August 25, 2010, 01:48:52 PM
Be sure to post back, their are several other places which may fit the edit :)

I will.  I have to hear back from him, first; his ad (ad config) has a path for a directory and an image that doesn't exist, so I can't tell anything by looking.    :)   I'll let you know, though.

EDIT:  I think that did the trick, John.  Thanks, again.   :)

frantic

Hello, I'm using the Mobile_alt theme from crip and their is one template change that i just can't find. Its this one

QuoteFind[Select]    
                               <div id="content_section"><div class="frame">
      <div id="main_content_section">';

Add After[Select]    
                               if (function_exists("show_towerleftAds") && function_exists("show_towerrightAds"))
   {
      //Tower left Ads
      $ads = show_towerleftAds();
      if(!empty($ads))
         echo '<table><tr><td valign="top">', $ads['type']==0 ? $ads['content'] : eval($ads['content']) ,'</td><td    width="100%" valign="top">';

unset($ads);
      //Tower Right Ads
      $ads = show_towerrightAds();   
      if(!empty($ads))
         echo '<table><tr><td width="100%" valign="top">';
      unset($ads);
   }
The only code that resemsbles that is
   <div class="navigate_section">
                                or
                 <div id="footer_section">

Their is nothing in my index.template.php file for the code i'm looking for that contains Frame, or Main_content, or Main_content_section.  I tired looking for anything that i could use to try the code but couldn't find anything.  What can i do to get tower ads outside my forum body?

Our Site:  www.gadgetank.com
SMF:  2.0Rc3

vbgamer45

That code would go at the end of template_body_above in rc3
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

frantic

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

slider11111

I loaded the Mod and it double installed? How do I make the Copyright text half the size? It's currently twice the size of SMF? Also what portion of the Text is required to stay there?

vbgamer45

There is a built in feature to hide ads for admins. You can also disable ads for other membergroups using permissions

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: