News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeedIt

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 03, 2017, 10:35:39 AM
Yes

Hey, I didn't get a response over on the Responsive Curve Mod thread.  https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=535718.340

Basically, everything seemed to go great but the ads just don't display. 

Okay is there a way to hack ads into the Responsive Curve?  I just need 3-4 banners in there?  Or is there a responsive theme that I should pay for that works with Ad Management?  I just need responsive somehow some way with 3-4 ads.  I'm open to any reasonable idea.

vbgamer45

What type of ads? are you using? And did you enable each membergroup to show ads?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

NeedIt

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 05, 2017, 09:26:14 PM
What type of ads? are you using? And did you enable each membergroup to show ads?

Ahem.  Well, that's embarrassing.  I was logged in as admin:  the ads were displaying just fine for regular members.

Thx again.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

engrz

I have forum www.engrz.org and I'm using ad management mod, I want to know the settings or option so that I want to disable ads for single board for example "Bollywood MP3" how to disable ads only for Bollywood MP3 board?

vbgamer45

Yes you can if you want to disable a single board.
You have to edit each ad and in the "Which boards should this ad display in" setting enter the number of each board separated by comma.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

engrz

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 28, 2017, 09:00:33 AM
Yes you can if you want to disable a single board.
You have to edit each ad and in the "Which boards should this ad display in" setting enter the number of each board separated by comma.

How to know which board is this "Bollywood MP3 "? I'm using board 1,2

vbgamer45

You have to check under admin manage boards and get the id.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

engrz

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 28, 2017, 10:16:21 AM
You have to check under admin manage boards and get the id.

Im under manage boards, but unable to find board id.

I have total 16 boards on www.engrz.org and im using 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,15,16 to show ads, but it is not skipping board 12,13,14 . and im unable to see board number or id.

vbgamer45

you have to hover the link when you edit a board. The id is in the url.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

engrz

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 28, 2017, 01:09:54 PM
you have to hover the link when you edit a board. The id is in the url.

I have done this... Thank you for nice guidance.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

humbleworld

After I uninstall the the old version of the mod, my site had stopped working. I could no longer access it. What shall I do?

vbgamer45

Either revert to a backup.
Or try to uninstall manually upload mod to
https://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

mysimplesite

How do I add a second skyscraper ad? I've got one, but I'd like to add another below it.

vbgamer45

Can't really. The best you could do is use html code in the current skyscraper and make a table with two rows

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

mysimplesite

I can only get ads to appear at top, bottom and side.

Using 2.014, php7, VVide theme.

Tried adding ads in posts ( set post as 1, 2 as test), and ads between categories (set categories as 1,2,3). Checked Display ads on board index and tried with Help Display ads on the post page checked or with Help Display ads on message index checked.

No ads appeared. What am I doing wrong?

During install added suggested Ad Management code to Index.template.php below <input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" /><input type="hidden" name="', $context['session_var'], '" value="', $context['session_id'], '" />
</form> </div>
</div>
</div></div>';
}

There were no other install error notifications.

vbgamer45

Make sure all the edits are made to your theme upload ad management mod to https://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

mysimplesite

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 27, 2017, 01:14:00 PM
Make sure all the edits are made to your theme upload ad management mod to https://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html

Parser fails to recognize file upload.

I get the same error each time I try to upload latest version of ad management or earlier versions to parser with 2.0.14 set:
Error:

No package was uploaded. Tried uploading when registered and not registered. Same results.

Using FireFox latest version. Tried Opera and got same error message.

All ad management files attempted to be uploaded were zip format.

Note: During SMF install preflight all code was tested successful for the VVide theme except for the ' Welcome Area/User ' code which I manually added according to the instructions and coding provided.

lather

After a move to a new server I needed to do a fresh files upload and database restoration and lost all mods,
When I try to re-install Ad Management mod I get this error message:
Please help.

Advertisement: