News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RC-Drift.com

Thank you very much, this is a great place for help and is how I like to run my forum too

So now I know the format of google ads (after signing up) what would banner ad code look like? (I'm trying to suss out how to use phpadsnew but pulling my hair out  >:()
hxxp:rc-drift.com [nonactive]

houston

I have uploaded the ad_mod_rc2_v1-4-1.zip mod and all I see in the package manager is 16. Ad Management 1.4.1   [ List Files ] [ Delete ]. As you can see there is no option to upgrade. Should I unistall the current version and re apply the latest version.

P.S. I am currently running T.P. v0.8.6 and do not have any problems with it crashing my board. Would you reccomend not applying the update or should I go ahead any ways.

Again this is a great Mod

Thanks

jerm

Quote from: houston on February 12, 2006, 12:15:32 AM
I have uploaded the ad_mod_rc2_v1-4-1.zip mod and all I see in the package manager is 16. Ad Management 1.4.1   [ List Files ] [ Delete ]. As you can see there is no option to upgrade. Should I unistall the current version and re apply the latest version.

P.S. I am currently running T.P. v0.8.6 and do not have any problems with it crashing my board. Would you reccomend not applying the update or should I go ahead any ways.

Again this is a great Mod

Thanks

you would have known already if it crashed your boards.. but if its working fine right now, no need to upgrade. theres nothing special in the newest version

RC-Drift.com

If I use html it works, but if I use the code given above as an example
<script type="text/javascript"><!--
google_ad_client = "-----";
google_ad_width = 468;
google_ad_height = 60;
google_ad_format = "468x60_as";
google_ad_type = "text_image";
google_ad_channel ="7508705510";
google_color_border = "CCCCCC";
google_color_bg = "FFFFFF";
google_color_link = "000000";
google_color_url = "666666";
google_color_text = "333333";
//--></script>
<script type="text/javascript"
  src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
</script>

then I get a 406 Not Acceptable error with the message:
'An appropriate representation of the requested resource /rc-drift-forum/index.php could not be found on this server.'
hxxp:rc-drift.com [nonactive]

tarkhorani

I install the script on http://www.epaytalk.com and works great
you can see the sample on that site
Get a Free SMForum on http://www.myboards.com (Ver 1.1.1)

Ludos

I don't want to be boring, but i've been looking for this kind of mod and i've found this one, that seems more complete, with a lot of options, the only bad thing (if we can consider it bad) is that was developed in french, althought it has an english version.

Atm i'm more interested in the one i've mentioned, but i'll wait for more development on Ad Management and i'll decide wich one is best for me.

I'm sorry mentioning an other mod on this topic, but it seems pretty good to me, and it can even be a model to follow on some options...

Regards

PS - Sorry my lousy english.

jerm

Quote from: RC-Drift.com on February 12, 2006, 06:56:17 AM
If I use html it works, but if I use the code given above as an example
<script type="text/javascript"><!--
google_ad_client = "-----";
google_ad_width = 468;
google_ad_height = 60;
google_ad_format = "468x60_as";
google_ad_type = "text_image";
google_ad_channel ="7508705510";
google_color_border = "CCCCCC";
google_color_bg = "FFFFFF";
google_color_link = "000000";
google_color_url = "666666";
google_color_text = "333333";
//--></script>
<script type="text/javascript"
  src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
</script>

then I get a 406 Not Acceptable error with the message:
'An appropriate representation of the requested resource /rc-drift-forum/index.php could not be found on this server.'
you'll have to change the "google_ad_client = "-----"; to what yours is.. it wont work cause its not a valid "pub".

Quote from: Ludos on February 13, 2006, 04:38:47 PM
I don't want to be boring, but i've been looking for this kind of mod and i've found this one, that seems more complete, with a lot of options, the only bad thing (if we can consider it bad) is that was developed in french, althought it has an english version.

Atm i'm more interested in the one i've mentioned, but i'll wait for more development on Ad Management and i'll decide wich one is best for me.

I'm sorry mentioning an other mod on this topic, but it seems pretty good to me, and it can even be a model to follow on some options...

Regards

PS - Sorry my lousy english.

i know about this mod, i found it after i released mine, but anyways, its a totally different type of mod. that mod seemes like a phpadsnew, but for SMF. mine is more about placement of ads , etc.

sorry for the late responses.. i've been busy with studying

Razerst

Hope you can modify this. I think this version is good

btw, could you modify this mod, so I can show more than one ads in the same spot, or different spot?

jerm

Quote from: Razerst on February 16, 2006, 02:35:43 AM
Hope you can modify this. I think this version is good

btw, could you modify this mod, so I can show more than one ads in the same spot, or different spot?
i will be coding a new version in a couple days that will have a lot more features.
i hope to be able to include the ones you have suggested

Bigguy

I can show more than 1 ad. put these <p> </p> around each ad and both will show. Both in the same place though. (top or bottom not top and bottom with different ads)

Razerst

QuoteI can show more than 1 ad. put these <p> </p> around each ad and both will show. Both in the same place though. (top or bottom not top and bottom with different ads)

okay, that sounds good, I mean, could You modify this mod so I can show ads A in top of forums and ads B in the bottom of forums?

jerm

yes, thats the goal

my final exam is tomorrow night.. after that i can focus on coding again

ZhongFu

My SMF at www.community.wuzhongfu.com [nofollow]

Col

How would you make it dispay random ads?

Is it possible to display ads outside of the forum?

Thanks.

ZhongFu

My SMF at www.community.wuzhongfu.com [nofollow]

jerm

ad mod has been updated for 1.0.6 version.
Download and install ad_mod_1-0-6_v1-0-2.zip

For those using RC2 version, there is currently no updates. I am coding a new version right now..

street2k

Is there anyway you can show me/us where in the code & which script to make changes so this mod will appear in my theme other than the default theme. I have ad_mod_rc2_v1-4-1.zip

Padfoot

Does this work with 1.1 RC1??

Can't seem to get to work with mine...

tarkhorani

Get a Free SMForum on http://www.myboards.com (Ver 1.1.1)

jerm

Quote from: street2k on February 19, 2006, 10:07:05 AM
Is there anyway you can show me/us where in the code & which script to make changes so this mod will appear in my theme other than the default theme. I have ad_mod_rc2_v1-4-1.zip
have you tried looking in the install.xml file?

Quote from: Padfoot on February 20, 2006, 06:08:00 PM
Does this work with 1.1 RC1??

Can't seem to get to work with mine...

i haven't tested it on rc1, but you can try using the ad_mod_1-0-6_v1-0-2.zip version of the mod.. just change the package-info.xml file to include rc1

Quote from: tarkhorani on February 21, 2006, 02:02:17 AM
update for RC2 Please

there is a version for rc2..
ad_mod_rc2_v1-4-1.zip

Advertisement: