Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

True Knight

How do I manually install it. I have already installed the mod using the package manager.

Thanks

jerm

deadpoeticstar

i tried using the mod and an error came up...(using version .6)

jerm

Quote from: deadpoeticstar on March 21, 2006, 02:57:12 PM
i tried using the mod and an error came up...(using version .6)
that doesn't really help unless i know what error came up. and odds are another mod is conflicting with my mod

deadpoeticstar

Install Actions for archive ad_mod_rc2_v1-5.zip:
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF. 

whats weird is that i was able to use it before even after i upgraded to .6

jerm

so your using smf 1.0.6 ?

deadpoeticstar

yes i am....(reason i say before is cause i ran into some issues previous times and had to remove and recreate my forum)

jerm

you will have to install this version of my mod then:

ad_mod_1-0-6_v1-0-2.zip

deadpoeticstar

can you give a link to it? and tell me where i would have to insert the code?

jerm

i'm not really following you.
http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=255
go there and download the mod i suggested, then use the package manager to upload and install the mod
if you wnt to install it manually, a few posts back i gave a link on how to do that

deadpoeticstar

thanks that did the trick :)

boogiedown

Nice mod! I like the update today to for rc1. the only problem i have, when using the default them and show banner "above menu", it doesnt look good layoutwise. I was thinking i wanted my ads in the "you have 2 messages" area but then relized they can shrink that area.

How about adding next to the forum logo, top right. to replace or go next to the logo. i will have my logo turned off though. that what im looking for :)

jerm

ya, im glad you realized you can shrink the section cause thats why i didnt put ads in there.. its a nice spot, i admit, but the shrinking factor makes it useless

the above menu doesn't look all that great, but way back when i first made this mod, someone requested it and i said i was gonna put it in, so thats why its there.. some people mod up their forum and dont have any of that top part, so the ad actually displays on the top of their page

i'll look into adding it to the section you requested.

boogiedown

I think the "above menu" is a good spot, just doesnt work on the default theme. Im sure it would have worked great on my old one, or other themes out there.

deadpoeticstar

ok there is one issue and that is when i add other themes...the ads wont display

Bigguy

You have to manually edit any other theme but the default theme in order for the ads to work right on another theme other than the default.

Quote from: deadpoeticstar on March 22, 2006, 04:17:33 PM
ok there is one issue and that is when i add other themes...the ads wont display

deadpoeticstar

how would i go about doing that? what would i have to modify so i can?

Bigguy

Look at the install.xml file that comes with the mod in there is all the code needed to change to another theme. You will probably have to edit the index.template.php and the boardindex.php and a couple others to get it to work on another theme. I cant quite exactly remember which ones but it does say in the xml file.

idahojoe

I followd a few links posted in this thread a few pages back, after I did that I got Parse errors. I'm trying to get this to work on the "CLASSIC" Theme with no luck. Is anyone willing to help me with getting it installed? I'm using SMF Version 1.0.6

dextrous

Ok, I have SMF 1.1 RC2. The ad_mod_rc2_v1-2.zip worked fine. Then I uninstalled it and tried to apply...ad_mod_rc2_v1-5.zip...but when I go to install it gives me this error...

Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test failed

Everything passes the test. Have you tested it?

Advertisement: