News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerm

no your not missing anything. i haven't coded it yet. classes ended. projects and finals to do. i can't really focus on coding the ad mod at the momement. i will get back to it in a few weeks

matt l

Cant wait for the next version. :D

.Darkman

does this work in default theme
bcoz i use helios multi

Clever Tutorials - One place for all of them . . .
SMF Theme Works

Bigguy

It works with any theme but if you use anything other than the default you will have to do a bit of manual editing.

geezmo

Hmm what manual editing do we need to do if we install it via "Packages?" I'm using the Amber theme.

.Darkman

SMF Theme Works

eriktm

To get a mod working with a theme the author (in this case electrohome88) have written it in, you must go into some files and edit some lines... :P

geezmo

I tried installing this mod into my Amber theme and everything goes fine until the final step, where I press "Proceed" right after the execution test has passed. After I clicked the button the page just becomes white blank then freezes.

I changed my theme back to default but the same problem happened. How to solve this?

.Darkman

Quote from: Erik™ on April 19, 2006, 07:25:22 AM
To get a mod working with a theme the author (in this case electrohome88) have written it in, you must go into some files and edit some lines... :P
can you elaborate on it please
i installed the mod and everyting is fine even i could see the controls for the mod.
but the ads don't seem to show up any where

SMF Theme Works

eriktm

Have you checked the boxes where it shall be shown?
:-\

Bigguy

In your admin panel under "Packages" Go to the "ad management" mod and click "list files" Then click on the "install.xml" file. In this file you will see sections like this:

<file name="$sourcedir/ModSettings.php">
<operation>
<search position="replace"><![CDATA[
'layout' => 'ModifyLayoutSettings',]]>
</search>

<add><![CDATA[
'layout' => 'ModifyLayoutSettings',
'ad_management' => 'ModifyAddManagement',]]>
</add>
</operation>

This part shows what file to edit==>> <file name="$sourcedir/ModSettings.php">

<operation>
This tells you what you are going to do when you find the place to edit.<search position="replace"><![CDATA[
      'layout' => 'ModifyLayoutSettings',]]>
</search>

<add><![CDATA[
      'ad_management' => 'ModifyAddManagement',
]]>
</add>

So in other words the top part of this file tells you to go into your Sources directory and find the file "ModSettings.php" and find the code

'layout' => 'ModifyLayoutSettings', And replace it with this:

'ad_management' => 'ModifyAddManagement',

Thats one modification done by hand. Hope this was a bit clear anyway. (I hope)

NOTE: Do not include any of these: ]]> Thats not part of the edit.

eriktm

Quote from: hfxzone on April 19, 2006, 09:14:18 AM
but the ads don't seem to show up any where

Well, if you have another theme than default, then you see what Bigguy have written ;)

.Darkman

i think this is not what i want
i'll make it clear.
i use helios multi

1. i downloaded the package
2. i installed it as all the test were successful
3. i went to features and options -> ads and checked all the boxes and gave my adsense code .
4. the ads don't showup anywhere.

please help.

SMF Theme Works

jerm

you will have to manually install this if your using a custom theme.. if you log into your forum and choose the default theme, you will see it worked fine

.Darkman

that's right it worked just fine in default theme.
how to install it manually

SMF Theme Works

jerm

theres a post right on this page that helps explain how to install on a custom theme..

Bigguy

My directions on the page before this should help. Thats how to install manually into your theme.

Quote from: hfxzone on April 20, 2006, 01:51:17 AM
that's right it worked just fine in default theme.
how to install it manually

.Darkman

Quotetheres a post right on this page that helps explain how to install on a custom theme..
can't find can you link to it

QuoteMy directions on the page before this should help. Thats how to install manually into your theme.
but the sources dir is common for all themes.
i wanna install it cutom theme

SMF Theme Works

Bigguy

So you will have to find the edits for the index.template.php and the boardindex.template.php and Display.template.php and MessageIndex.template.php

Bigguy

Some one has asked me to install Ad Managment 1.5 on there site. They already had it installed so I uninstalled it and reinstalled, for some reason I had to ad some of the coding myself. I replaced the modsettings.php and the index.template.php with clean ones and inserted all the code.

For somereson it all works perfect no errors anywhere, but when you put the ad cod in and put a check where you want them to show, nothing shows at all but no errors, any one have any idea`s.

Here is the error I am getting now:

Quote8: Undefined variable: setArray
File: /home/tylerm/public_html/forum/Sources/ManageServer.php
Line: 486

This mod doesn`t touch that file does it ???

Advertisement: