Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

campxor

i have installed it but when i put in this code
src="hxxp:www.hellzoneclan.net/images/evo/minilogo.gif [nonactive]" alt="Hellzoneclan" title="Hellzoneclan" border="0"></a>

that is what it saids on the Bord

what do i have to do?

fxpimps

Just downloaded this mod and attempted to install in CP Package Manager.

I get errors.

QuoteInstalling this package will perform the following actions:
   Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Code    install.php    
2.    Execute Modification    install.xml    Modification parse error
3.    Execute Modification    -    Modification parse error

I am running 1.1 RC2 and downloaded ad_mod_rc2_v1-5

I have no other mods intalled

What do i need to do to get this intalled correctly?

hxxp:www.fxpimps.com [nonactive] Pimping profits on pip at a time.

Naberius

Any word on a release date for the update? I have people queing up to give me money for advertising on my site.

Vinspire

I've gotten this error when i tried to install the mod

SMF 1.1 RC 2

File : ad_mod_rc2_v1-5

QuoteInstalling this package will perform the following actions:
   Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Code    install.php    
2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ModSettings.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.english.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test failed
8.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php    Test successful
9.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful

Bigguy

Install the mod then look at the install.xml file that comes with it and do those edits manually.

Vinspire

Quote from: Bigguy on June 13, 2006, 08:06:51 AM
Install the mod then look at the install.xml file that comes with it and do those edits manually.

And i have to manually uninstall it again if i wanted to uninstall it right ?  Isn't there any easier solution ?

Bigguy

yes you would have to remove the edits that you put in when you wanted to uninstall it. No I don`t think there is an easier way, sorry.

PrizeLive.com

Anyway to show ads between posts for certain member types?
Get Paid Instantly via PayPal (or other options) at PrizeLive.com!

drobb78

I just changed my theme and now my ads aren't showing up. 
I even tried to uninstall and reinstall it but that didn't work.

Please advise.

David
www.ituneslinks.com/forum [nofollow]
[nofollow]

bicunisa

I'm using SMF 1.1 RC2, in spanish language.

I had to change the language back to English so the "ADS" tab would show.

Do you know why the tab doesn't show if the board is configured with another language than english???

Bigguy

@ SurfExcelerator.com: There is a way to show between posts with the current version of the ad mod. In the permissions for each member group is where you can turn ads on and off for certain groups.

@ drobb78: You have to modify any other theme but the default in order for the ads to show. I have posted the edits a couple pages back.

@ Sasuke kun: You might have to add the edits into the "modifications.yourlangauge.php" file.  ( I think)

jerm

Quote from: Sasuke kun on June 13, 2006, 10:03:11 PM
I'm using SMF 1.1 RC2, in spanish language.

I had to change the language back to English so the "ADS" tab would show.

Do you know why the tab doesn't show if the board is configured with another language than english???
thats a bit wierd. i would have thought it would have grabbed the english one by default if it couldn't find it in the spanish language file

Vinspire

Quote from: Bigguy on June 13, 2006, 01:58:51 PM
yes you would have to remove the edits that you put in when you wanted to uninstall it. No I don`t think there is an easier way, sorry.

Quote***Updates to come***
A lot of people have been requesting lots of things lately and i would just like to address some of the things you will get to see in the next release of the mod
- the ability to place ads in different places, such as: on the left side, on top of the page
- turn ads on/off depending on which board you are currently viewing
- turn off ads completely for the admin (may or may not be included.. i don't like the idea of the owner not seeing if their ads are showing up or not.. but we'll see)
- multiple text areas to input different types of ad code
- if possible, different types of ads depending on what board you are viewing

If i did this then when the next updates is here. I have to uninstall and manually modify the Display.template.php then only install the new version. It would a little troublesome.

So, when will the next version be out ?

jerm

PrizeLive.com

It'd be nice to have ads available on the top or the bottom of a page, and also be able to show more than one set of different ads.

jerm

Quote from: SurfExcelerator.com on June 14, 2006, 04:30:56 PM
It'd be nice to have ads available on the top or the bottom of a page, and also be able to show more than one set of different ads.

Quote from: electrohome on June 14, 2006, 02:18:33 PM
Quote from: Vinspire on June 14, 2006, 02:00:25 AM
So, when will the next version be out ?

Testing it now

PrizeLive.com

Quote from: Bigguy on June 13, 2006, 11:57:12 PM
@ SurfExcelerator.com: There is a way to show between posts with the current version of the ad mod. In the permissions for each member group is where you can turn ads on and off for certain groups.

I don't see anywhere to do this.

I just went into the Permissions and saw nothing to change.

Bigguy

Goto: admin panel==>Permissions===>settings. Put a check mark next to these 3 options:

Enable the option to deny permissions
Enable permissions for post count based groups
Enable advanced by-board permissions

Then click on permissions again and see what you see.

Niteblade

I think there needs to a new feature in the next version that doesn't allow ads from company X (google) and company Y (yahoo) to be displayed on the same page...
affiliate blog

Bigguy

What reason is there for this. ???

Quote from: nite0859 on June 14, 2006, 06:37:19 PM
I think there needs to a new feature in the next version that doesn't allow ads from company X (google) and company Y (yahoo) to be displayed on the same page...

Advertisement: