News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niteblade

https://www.google.com/adsense/localized-terms

General. You agree not to display on the same Web page in connection with which any Ad Unit, Ad, Link, Search Box, or Referral Button is displayed (a "Serviced Page") any advertisement(s) that an end user of Your Site(s) would reasonably confuse with a Google advertisement or otherwise associate with Google. If You have elected to receive content or Site-based Ads, You further agree not to display on any Serviced Page any non-Google content-targeted advertisement(s). If You have elected to receive Search Results on any Site(s), You agree that Google will be the exclusive provider of Internet search services on such Site(s). Certain Google services available as part of the Program may contain filtering capability, such as SafeSearch or AdSafe, that You may access through Your account. However, if You elect to enable any such filters, You acknowledge and agree that: (i) it is Your responsibility to enable such features in accordance with the specifications provided by Google, and (ii) Google does not and cannot commit that all results (including Ads, Links and Search Results) will be limited to results elected by enabling such filter(s). Google may also include in certain services features which are unsupported under Google's then current technical documentation. Such features are provided "as is" and Your use of them shall be undertaken solely at Your own risk.
affiliate blog

Bigguy

I did not know that. Thanks for posting this, it`s very insightful.

Niteblade

I love this forum software; I love this community, therefore I will help in my little limited way when I can.

GUESTS ! You need to register !
affiliate blog

PrizeLive.com

Quote from: Bigguy on June 14, 2006, 06:34:17 PM
Goto: admin panel==>Permissions===>settings. Put a check mark next to these 3 options:

Enable the option to deny permissions
Enable permissions for post count based groups
Enable advanced by-board permissions

Then click on permissions again and see what you see.

I did that but there's nothing new. How are you able to set ad code to be displayed within posts in a certain thread?
Get Paid Instantly via PayPal (or other options) at PrizeLive.com!

Bigguy

you cannot do it on just certain threads if you enable it it will show on all threads between posts. If you want to enable it for just certain member groups you can turn it off for them in the permissions. What version of ad mod are you running ??? also are you on the default theme ??? If not then you might have missed some edits.

PrizeLive.com

Quote from: Bigguy on June 14, 2006, 09:38:32 PM
you cannot do it on just certain threads if you enable it it will show on all threads between posts. If you want to enable it for just certain member groups you can turn it off for them in the permissions. What version of ad mod are you running ??? also are you on the default theme ??? If not then you might have missed some edits.

The "Display ads on Thread" option doesn't do anything after I select it. Could that code be wrong in whichever file it is? I'm running version 1.2 of Ad Management. I'm using the default theme only right now.

bicunisa

Quote from: electrohome on June 14, 2006, 12:34:11 AM
Quote from: Sasuke kun on June 13, 2006, 10:03:11 PM
I'm using SMF 1.1 RC2, in spanish language.

I had to change the language back to English so the "ADS" tab would show.

Do you know why the tab doesn't show if the board is configured with another language than english???
thats a bit wierd. i would have thought it would have grabbed the english one by default if it couldn't find it in the spanish language file

It seems to be a GENERAL problem of SMF, every mod that you install, needs to have a language pack for your boards, if it doesn't, then it will not show the TABS it install.

Vinspire

Quote from: electrohome on June 14, 2006, 02:18:33 PM
Quote from: Vinspire on June 14, 2006, 02:00:25 AM
So, when will the next version be out ?

Testing it now

Then I guess i will wait for the new version to be out.

Hopefully it wont be long for the new version :)

Bigguy

If your running Smf 1,1rc2 you should really update your ad mod to the newest version.

Quote from: SurfExcelerator.com on June 14, 2006, 09:45:02 PM
Quote from: Bigguy on June 14, 2006, 09:38:32 PM

The "Display ads on Thread" option doesn't do anything after I select it. Could that code be wrong in whichever file it is? I'm running version 1.2 of Ad Management. I'm using the default theme only right now.

Vinspire

Ermm ... Any idea when is the next version will be out ?

Bigguy

No, but it should be sometime soon

PrizeLive.com

How can I show the "Shoutbox" on the bottom below the last board but above the forum stats? Forum is here: http://www.moneytalkpro.com/index.php.

Which file do I edit to make this happen?

Thanks.

Bigguy

That doesn`t have anything to do with ad management does it ???

PrizeLive.com

Quote from: Bigguy on June 15, 2006, 11:09:10 AM
That doesn`t have anything to do with ad management does it ???

No sorry, posted in wrong thread.

jerm

Quote from: Vinspire on June 15, 2006, 02:42:59 AM
Ermm ... Any idea when is the next version will be out ?
soon enough. a lot of changes have been made, and i want to make sure there are no bugs/complications

Jelte

Great addon! I've installed it (on the safgreen theme manually) and it works great!

I have only one question:

How can I change the author name of the ad displayed after the first post?

Vinspire

Quote from: electrohome on June 15, 2006, 02:02:29 PM
soon enough. a lot of changes have been made, and i want to make sure there are no bugs/complications

Thanks for the good news. Then i shall wait for the new version to be out  :D :D :D

PrizeLive.com

What are some features in the new upgrade?

Vinspire

Quote from: SurfExcelerator.com on June 16, 2006, 08:34:55 AM
What are some features in the new upgrade?

This is taken from the #1 Post in this thread

Quote***Updates to come***
A lot of people have been requesting lots of things lately and i would just like to address some of the things you will get to see in the next release of the mod
- the ability to place ads in different places, such as: on the left side, on top of the page
- turn ads on/off depending on which board you are currently viewing
- turn off ads completely for the admin (may or may not be included.. i don't like the idea of the owner not seeing if their ads are showing up or not.. but we'll see)
- multiple text areas to input different types of ad code
- if possible, different types of ads depending on what board you are viewing

PrizeLive.com

Advertisement: