News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eriktm

I see that smfads.com is down.
I can't reach the site. Whats the problem?

Bigguy

I can get on it now, but sometimes I can`t. I`m behind a router on a cable modem and all I did was add my cable modems DNS to the router somewhere and I can get on. (Does that make sense)

PrizeLive.com

The new update is great but what if you want to have ads on all boards or on the index page of the forum? I have 130+ boards, so do I have to type in all the board numbers?
Get Paid Instantly via PayPal (or other options) at PrizeLive.com!

jerm

Quote from: Erik™ on June 21, 2006, 04:33:47 AM
I see that smfads.com is down.
I can't reach the site. Whats the problem?
changing servers

Quote from: SurfExcelerator.com on June 21, 2006, 01:55:15 PM
The new update is great but what if you want to have ads on all boards or on the index page of the forum? I have 130+ boards, so do I have to type in all the board numbers?
if you leave the input box empty, it will display on all boards

PrizeLive.com

Quote from: electrohome on June 21, 2006, 02:13:28 PM
if you leave the input box empty, it will display on all boards

great, thanks! ;D

muhammadasad

Quote from: Bigguy on June 19, 2006, 06:23:11 PM
I this the one you downloaded for smf 1.0.7:

ad_mod_1-0-7_v1-0-2b.zip

Yes, i installed this version but its not working. Plz help me out for my SMF 1.0.7

PrizeLive.com

Report Tab
Clicking this tab will give you a short summary on what ads are placed and where they are placed on your forum, plus how many hits they are getting.

------

That report is pretty cool but can't you count click-throughs some how? Hits don't really help since you can already determine that anyway.

Also, on this page: http://www.moneytalkpro.com/index.php?board=11.0, how can I show the banner under the child boards?

Bigguy

I`m not sure if there is a way to show it under child boards. As for "click-throughs" that is something electrohome will have to answer.

PrizeLive.com

Quote from: Bigguy on June 21, 2006, 04:30:41 PM
I`m not sure if there is a way to show it under child boards. As for "click-throughs" that is something electrohome will have to answer.

There has to be a way. I'm sure its just a code change in display.template.php but I'm not sure what to do. I may mess with it later but I'd rather not mess anything up.

Yeah I hope he can answer the click-through question cuz that's more important than hits.

jerm

Quote from: SurfExcelerator.com on June 21, 2006, 04:22:33 PM
Report Tab
Clicking this tab will give you a short summary on what ads are placed and where they are placed on your forum, plus how many hits they are getting.

------

That report is pretty cool but can't you count click-throughs some how? Hits don't really help since you can already determine that anyway.

Also, on this page: http://www.moneytalkpro.com/index.php?board=11.0, how can I show the banner under the child boards?

i can't do click through. to do that, i'd hvae to program something like phpadsnew, which wont happen. this mod is more to easy in ad placement, so that you dont have to edit the theme file yourself. if you want a click through program, i'd suggest to install phpadsnew

childboard:
i had never thought of placing ads under the child boards, i'll include that in the next version

tosp2

I think Ive decided not to upgrade right now due to the trouble in having to re-edit all my files due to the custom theme I am using.  However, I did want to make a suggestion for the next version if I could.  I was looking to have ad placement inbetween board categories (there is a background space there) on the board index, as well as at the bottom of the forum page, just like the top.  I dont want to use skyscraper ads and I would rather keep most of the ads on the main board index instead of inbetween posts.  I havent seen that the new current version can do this, so if it can please let me know that I am missing it, otherwise, I would like to see these placements included in subsequent versions.  Thanks!  :)

ArkServer

I cannot see the ads in the board and thread index page tho i enabled it.
http://atlantis.montecarlohosting.net/~arksvr/forum/index.php/board,413.0.html

What should i do to edit it manually?

if possibel can you take a quick look in my php files? the mod installed without any problems.

Niteblade

Has anyone installed this along with Tiny Portal ? They fight.
affiliate blog

jerm

Quote from: ArkServer on June 22, 2006, 03:03:18 PM
I cannot see the ads in the board and thread index page tho i enabled it.
http://atlantis.montecarlohosting.net/~arksvr/forum/index.php/board,413.0.html

What should i do to edit it manually?

if possibel can you take a quick look in my php files? the mod installed without any problems.

i see the ads..

Quote from: nite0859 on June 23, 2006, 08:18:19 PM
Has anyone installed this along with Tiny Portal ? They fight.
they don't fight. i've tested it along site a couple others and it works fine with tp installed

ArkServer

it works when you click and see the topic itself but the ad do not show up in the topic list index..

Bigguy

I can see it fine on the Topics list. If you have FF and No script installed, try allowing the script to run.

Quote from: ArkServer on June 23, 2006, 08:38:55 PM
it works when you click and see the topic itself but the ad do not show up in the topic list index..

Naberius

I said this on the admod support site and I will say it here as I am so happy with what you have done. Bravo!!!
Major Kudos to bigguy and Jeremy. After a quick manual install it works first time on all locations. I love the reports. I love the most the way each Ad location can be named for management purposes.

This has turned out far better than I could have dreamed. Thank you for your time.

Vinspire

Quote from: AMBA on June 24, 2006, 04:22:46 AM
I said this on the admod support site and I will say it here as I am so happy with what you have done. Bravo!!!
Major Kudos to bigguy and Jeremy. After a quick manual install it works first time on all locations. I love the reports. I love the most the way each Ad location can be named for management purposes.

This has turned out far better than I could have dreamed. Thank you for your time.

Same here. One of the best mod and no error in the 1st installation.

Great job guys !!! I am lovin' it  ;D ;D ;D

BFTUK

Quick question. I have this mod running but get two adverts showing after the first post (I think at some point i've reinstalled the mod which caused this error)

Which file do i need to edit? and what code am i looking for?  ???
www.countycricketclubs.co.uk [nofollow]
www.buyingfirsttime.co.uk

jerm

Display.template.php
and depending on the version your using
look for
//Ad management code to display ads after the first post
two of those would probably be in that file

make a back up before you edit anything. editing after the first post can be tricky

Advertisement: