News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeremi

Yes thats gonna be big help, thanks... Just after this...

EVERYONE OF MY THEMES THAT I SET TO EVERYONE GOES TO THE DEFAULT THEME!!!  >:( >:( >:(

Im so close to explode!!!

Zeremi

This is offtopic
but what the **ck is happening?! My whole forum destroyed?!

Now it gives me this:
"Fatal error: Call to undefined function: show_topofpageads() in /home/www/hgfin.awardspace.com/smf/Sources/Load.php(1607) : eval()'d code on line 170"

Sorry but im so **cking pissed off right now...

Bigguy

I`m not sure what that error is. I don`t think the ad mod touches that file.

jerm

Quote from: Zeremi on July 04, 2006, 05:25:08 PM
This is offtopic
but what the **ck is happening?! My whole forum destroyed?!

Now it gives me this:
"Fatal error: Call to undefined function: show_topofpageads() in /home/www/hgfin.awardspace.com/smf/Sources/Load.php(1607) : eval()'d code on line 170"

Sorry but im so **cking pissed off right now...

LoadAds.php is not located in the Sources folder

webvision

Sir, I have just installed SMF, and I want to install Ad Managment Mod.
How can I do it ?, There is no Ad Managment Heading in the Admin Panel under Forum Configuration. Plz explain me the complete method of Ad Management Installation.

Bigguy

Download the version you need according to the version of smf that you have to your desktop. Then go to your admin panel then to packages then to Download Packages and browse for the ad mod, upload and install. That should be about it. If you are not using the default theme you will have to edit the theme you are using after installing it.

joesdomain

I tried uploading and installing the package and i get the following error:

Fatal error: packageinstall(): Failed opening required '/usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/joesdomain.ca/httpdocs/Packages/temp/./install.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/psa/apache/lib/php') in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/joesdomain.ca/httpdocs/Sources/Packages.php on line 534

Any idea? Im using SMF's default theme

Joe

Bigguy

Did you use the package manager to upload it or did you upload it from your desktop. ???

jerm

create a folder inside package manager called temp, and chmod it to 777

chris_fairweather

Quote from: Zeremi on July 04, 2006, 11:32:30 AM
Well, there is no ads right now at the site but heres a screenshot.

hxxp:img448.imageshack.us/img448/7854/nimetn1wb.jpg [nonactive]

What verson was that???
C.L.Fairweather.

START FLY FISHING WITH
www.fairweather-online.co.uk

tarkhorani

I am happy that I donated $10 to this mod, it is graet mod that my $10 is nothing for it. I download the ver2 and hope it continue to develop.

from epaytalk.com & TalkInter.net forums
Get a Free SMForum on http://www.myboards.com (Ver 1.1.1)

jerm

Quote from: tarkhorani on July 11, 2006, 10:51:10 AM
I am happy that I donated $10 to this mod, it is graet mod that my $10 is nothing for it. I download the ver2 and hope it continue to develop.

from epaytalk.com & TalkInter.net forums

Thanks a bunch :)

rugged

i run smf 1.0.7 - which ad mod should i download?
and since im stupid, how do i install?? where do i put this on my server?? downloaded 1.0.6 put it in the root,in default theme, tried to run the install and nothing happened. got a parsing error with the xml and fatal error with the install.
can you help????
ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
can u hold my hand & walk me through this please????  :'(
thanks

Bigguy

This si the version you would like: ad_mod_1-0-7_v1-0-2b.zip

It is uploaded through the package manager in the admin panel.

rugged

sank u so much - worked like a charm and now i know how to add mods in the future... :) :-*

Bigguy

marinelife

is there a way to turn of Ad reports, it seems to make the site I run go slower. I have phpadnews running so reports is not needed for me

PrizeLive.com

Anyway to incorporate the click-through tracking as the guy who made the "SMF Links" mod did? This would be a great addition!!
Get Paid Instantly via PayPal (or other options) at PrizeLive.com!

jerm

don't know if that will ever be included. it would make my mod into something that i didn't intend it to be in the first place. phpadsnew already does a really good job of it..

Uzbekistan

I have installed the mod - works perfect! Great job.

One question - I put adsense ticking "show under menu" and leaving boards field empty so it shows on all boards.
Now I want to put different banner and I want to show it in certain board. Is it possible to set priority, let's say "Second banner" has higher priority, so it would show insted of adsense on that particular board?

If not such a functionality would be a nice addition.

Advertisement: