Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugsmi0

I tried installing this mod and it says not compatiable with RC2 and recomended not to install i got the v2.0 version

Bigguy

How did you try to upload it. ???

Webrunner

Mine works now, i added the code you suggested to index.template.php
There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.

=========================================
Vrouwen Power! | Sprintweb: No nonsense e-Business consultancy

bugsmi0

It says be default everyone can see the ads but so far it appears onlly logged in users can, guest are unable to see, is there a setting to make it so everyone can see ?

also where or how would you set certain banners for certain membergroups ?

Bigguy

Look under permissions for the settings for guests. I don`t think you can set certain banners for certain membergroups, sorry.

Uzbekistan

Quote from: jerm on July 15, 2006, 06:21:26 PM
Quote from: Uzbek on July 14, 2006, 04:45:02 AM
I have installed the mod - works perfect! Great job.

One question - I put adsense ticking "show under menu" and leaving boards field empty so it shows on all boards.
Now I want to put different banner and I want to show it in certain board. Is it possible to set priority, let's say "Second banner" has higher priority, so it would show insted of adsense on that particular board?

If not such a functionality would be a nice addition.

Once you set an ad as board specific, only that ad will show in that board. all other ads wont show. The only way to have rotating ads on board specific, is to make another ad that is board specific to that board. Hope that makes sense.

Hi Jerm, the thing is I supposed so as well. But it didn't work then.
I ticked "Display ads on every page right below the menu" for Adsense, leaving boards field empty.
Then I set code for a banner and set a certain board. However only AdSense would show up.

But anyway, I figured out that I needed to go through "Show on board index/thread index/thread" ticks leaving that one clear. It works now, thx!

Just a suggestion, i think it would be nice to have a "Copy ad thingy" (Blair language) where you can create a copy of an existing ad and just edit it.

Peace guys, great job!

Webrunner

It would also be nice if i could show an ad on all boardfs except one or two, or even make a selection interface for it.
There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.

=========================================
Vrouwen Power! | Sprintweb: No nonsense e-Business consultancy

trenchteam

wow. This mod has come a long long way!  I've been using a custom theme so I wasnt able to see the changes.  I might have to mod out my custom theme for this.  FANTASTIC! ;D ;D ;D

Bigguy

The edits you need to do for custom themes is here:

http://www.smfads.com/forums/

trenchteam

^ thanks. That will help a ton!

SLiM_BoY

I think it's so difficult to edit Babylon theme..Because this theme doesn't have more then 2-3 codes.
Then, I'll be so happy if anybody can upload modified Babylon theme files  :-[ :-*

SLiM_BoY

Quote from: SLiM_BoY on July 24, 2006, 05:57:31 PM
I think it's so difficult to edit Babylon theme..Because this theme doesn't have more then 2-3 codes.
Then, I'll be so happy if anybody can upload modified Babylon theme files  :-[ :-*

We did the modifies for Babylon theme..And also I added the modified files for v2 ad_mod..

You can download files in that topic > http://www.smfads.com/forums/index.php?topic=22.15

Thanks again bigguy ;)

City Builder

Im getting an error when trying to apply this mod.

I've uploaded ad_mod_1-0-7_v1-0-2b.zip  to my server and Im running SMF 1.07 and I get the following error:
4. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Failure

Did I download the wrong version of the mod for my board?

I've got the following mods already installed:
Spoiler Tag 1.04
Faster Parsecode 1.10
Message Icon Manager 1.2
MessagePreview 1.0 (but not applied)
Contact Page 1.0
Integrated Chat 2.3 (but not applied)
TinyPortal 0.86

Can someone clue me in to what Ive got thats causing this error.

Thanks

Celdric

Hi.  :) I just installed v 2.0. I have a banner manager that generates a line of code. When I add this line of code into the ad mod content box and try to save, I get a 403 forbidden on index.php and the action

index.php?action=admod;sa=edit;ad=1

The banner code below. I have it in use on top of the page. Works fine. So I have no idea what's wrong.
I should mention when I add the url of the banner image directly into the box, it works. Seems to me it has a problem with the javascript.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://forumshowcase.net/bannerm/banner_js.php?placement_id=2"></script>

jerm

Quote from: City Builder on August 04, 2006, 01:26:35 PM
Im getting an error when trying to apply this mod.

I've uploaded ad_mod_1-0-7_v1-0-2b.zip  to my server and Im running SMF 1.07 and I get the following error:
4. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Failure

Did I download the wrong version of the mod for my board?

I've got the following mods already installed:
Spoiler Tag 1.04
Faster Parsecode 1.10
Message Icon Manager 1.2
MessagePreview 1.0 (but not applied)
Contact Page 1.0
Integrated Chat 2.3 (but not applied)
TinyPortal 0.86

Can someone clue me in to what Ive got thats causing this error.

Thanks

install it anyways, then manually apply the mod to index.template.php . That file is probably one of the eaist to manually install.

Celdric, i just tried that code out and i got no errors when applying it.

City Builder

Quote from: jerm on August 04, 2006, 01:53:39 PM
install it anyways, then manually apply the mod to index.template.php . That file is probably one of the eaist to manually install.

Celdric, i just tried that code out and i got no errors when applying it.

Sorry if Im a bother, but are there specific instructions as to how to apply the mod manually to the index.template.php file that I've not seen yet?

Or is it just a matter of "replacing" this stuff from the file:
Quote<file name="$themedir/index.template.php">
   <operation>
      <search position="replace"><![CDATA[<table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0"><tr>]]>
      </search>

<add><![CDATA[
<table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0">';
if ($modSettings['js_text_displayads_index'] && allowedTo('ad_manageperm'))
{
   echo '   <tr><td id="bodyarea">
         <br />
            <div align="center">',$modSettings['js_text_content'],'</div></td></tr>';
}
echo '<tr>]]>
</add>
</operation>

<operation>
   <search position="replace"><![CDATA[   echo '</td>
   </tr></table>';]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[
   global $modSettings;
   echo '</td></tr>';
if ($modSettings['js_text_displayads_botindex'] && allowedTo('ad_manageperm'))
{
   echo '   <tr><td id="bodyarea">
            <div align="center">',$modSettings['js_text_content'],'</div><br /></td></tr>';
}

echo '</table>';]]>
</add>
</operation>

</file>

<file name="$themedir/BoardIndex.template.php">
   <operation>
      <search position="replace"><![CDATA[   echo '
<table width="100%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0">]]></search>

<add><![CDATA[
if ($modSettings['js_text_displayads_board_index'] && allowedTo('ad_manageperm'))
   echo '<div align="center">',$modSettings['js_text_content'],'</div>';
echo '
<table width="100%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0">

]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

Thanks again,

Celdric

Thanks for trying, Jerm. :) Strange thing this one. I have the 403 even not my server error log. I guess I have to ask my webhost.

jerm

City Builder, look at this post and follow the instructions for index.template.php
http://www.smfads.com/forums/index.php?topic=59.0

doug@atd

I just installed smf v 1.0.7, hosted at GoDaddy.  I used their install interface, then moved the files to my subdomain folder and ran/removed the repair settings file, per another post instructions.  Everything works great and I've been able to tweak the interface, per post suggestions.  My forum will be linked to my main site soon.

Question: I want to add the ad management mod, but I'd prefer to have the right column ads and not be limited to the top and bottom banner ads.  If I read the posts correctly, Ad Management V 2.0 is the mod with right column ads, but it's only for smf 1.1 rc2 and not my v 1.0.7.  So I have to settle for Ad Mgmt V1.5, or upgrade to smf 1.1 rc2.  BUT, upgrading to 1.1 rc2 for a live site is not advised until the final release sometime this year.  Is that right?

So it sounds like I have no choice but to continue with smf 1.0.7 and Ad Mgmt mod V1.5, and then upgrade to 1.1 rc2 later on.  Do I have this correct?

Thanks!

Doug

City Builder

Thanks jerm,

I thought it was screwed up since my layout kept getting messed up when ever I entered a banners html coding into the box, when it turned out it was that I left off one of the " in the img src tag.

Works as described, thanks for a great mod.

Advertisement: