Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

new200

I'm currently running SMF 1.1 RC2. Just downloaded ad_mod_rc2_v2.zip

I tried to install the mod using pakage installer. Everything passed, accept Display.template.php FAILED.  Any help on this???? Thanks lot....

Bigguy

Install the mod and then download you Display.template.php file and add the edits manually. They are typed out here:

http://www.smfads.com/forums/index.php?topic=22.0

If your using any theme but the default you will have to add the edits to the template files anyway.

edchapman

Quote from: Mujahid on August 16, 2006, 06:40:22 PM
well,today what i`ve notice is that the ads which i`m showing through ad manager are not showing in Firefox..is this the only problem with me or i need to do something for it..!

I'm not seeing them in FireFox either.
Not seeing them in Camino either.

Uzbekistan

Check whether you enabled them in "Permissions" for all membergroups (you have to go through permissions of each membergroup).

Bigguy

Do you have scripts blocked in FF. This could also be a reason your not seeing them.

Bandai

is there a way to ad Ads on the login page also? what file should be edited?

and also maybe add this on the feature list?

thanks a lot!

Bigguy

There isn't a way to do that with this mod but I would imagine editing the right file would give you the ads there.

Bandai

how about adding that in the future version?

and yeah do you know what file to edit the login page? I can't seem to find it..

Bigguy

Well this is JUST a guest but I would think it could be the login.template.php file in the themes folder under the theme you are using. Remember that's just a GUESS, and back it up before playing with it.

Bandai

the theme i'm using doesn't have a login.template.php i already checked index.template.php and index.php it doesn't have any forms for login either...

sorry for being a noob at this.. first time to setup a board.

Bigguy

Then use the login.template.php file that's in the default theme folder. If your theme doesn't have one then the theme you are using uses the file from the default theme.

Bandai

really? i didn't know that...

thanks a lot for pointing me to the right direction! you're a great help!

God Bless!

I'm off to work on my board now.

Bigguy

No problem, glad I could help out. Hope your board turns out great. ;)

mynix

I have this same issue , can anyone help??

Quote from: Mujahid on August 16, 2006, 08:31:51 AM
when i tried to apply the mod,i got this error..
4. Execute Modification ./Themes/bluBlur/index.template.php Test failed

Before uploading the mod,i just went to install.xml file and change the theme path..but it is showing the above error now..
i`ve tried this mod in my Test Forum and it works fine but when i try to install it in my original forum,it is giving the index.template error...
please help me with that..Thanks!

Bigguy

Install the mod and then do the edits for the file it failed at. All the edits are here:

http://www.smfads.com/forums/index.php?board=7.0

mynix

1. I am using the newly upgraded rc3 with the new rc3 ad mod ( not rc2)
( all i see on the link is rc2 for any current edit versions)  Can i still use the same edits?

2. When I installed rc3 ad mod ( with the error message), it messed up my forum. Shouldn't I edit the index.template.php before I install it?

3. So basiclly you are saying to install the mod ( even if it messes with the forum) then go back and edit the index.template.php?

Quote from: Bigguy on August 22, 2006, 06:11:31 PM
Install the mod and then do the edits for the file it failed at. All the edits are here:

hxxp:www.smfads.com/forums/index.php?board=7.0 [nonactive]

Bigguy

It should not have messed up anything and i'm sorry if it did. You should have been able to install the mod and then go and do the edits and put them in place and it should be all good. The edits for the 2 different ad mods shouldn't be that different. I'll go write them up now on smfads.com. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.The edits are the same in both versions.

mynix

Oh so install it for the  default then edit my  custom theme .php files?

Or modify the rc3 ad mod  | however leaving the index.template.php path the default theme path), then modifying it after the install?

Bigguy

Yes. Any files that you cannot find in your custom template have already been edited in the default theme.

mynix

This message is for all those with a paid / custom theme that has been made specifically for your own use.  If someone made your theme for you, you should ask them to help upgrade to the latest version (rc3).

The following files should be upgraded to rc3, before you update with rc3 ad mod. This is to make sure all modifications in (especially in index.template.php) are not lost.

• BoardIndex.template.php
  • Display.template.php
  • Index.template.php
  • Settings.template.php
  • MessageIndex.template.php
  • Themes.template.php

If you don't have that luxury of having the person that developed your theme. You can try your hand at editing the file yourself if the file is not heavily modified.

As explained through the link above; hxxp:www.smfads.com/forums/index.php?topic=22.0 [nonactive]

*phew*

Advertisement: