News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kijkij

I installed this mod on SMF 1.1 RC2. But I have a problem that is that only I can see ads when I login as admin. Guests or other members cannot see any ad on any page. Please explain to me how to fix this problem?

edi67

Quote from: kijkij on September 03, 2006, 05:06:38 AM
I installed this mod on SMF 1.1 RC2. But I have a problem that is that only I can see ads when I login as admin. Guests or other members cannot see any ad on any page. Please explain to me how to fix this problem?

you gave them permissions ?
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

edi67

before all thanx for you beautiful and useful mod AD managements

i wanted ask you one question.

when i insert AD sense in my site under menu i want that it will be in center of page because it remain always at left side of page

there is way for center it?
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

Bigguy

Try putting this around the code:

<div align="center">ADCODE</div>

edi67

CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

Bigguy

Glad you got it to work. Nice lookin site btw.

Dayu

I'd like to place ads on all boards except I don't want it to appear in the index page. Right now I'm entering in the field "Which boards should this ad display", the board numbers, "2,3,4,5,...40" and I can't get what I want when my boards are about 60+ in total. Is there an easy way to get in this?
[nofollow]

Bigguy

It must be another mod then thats interfering with the install of the ad mod.

nermeen_elhelw

how do i make the ads appear on other themes?????

Bigguy

leoedin

Hey guys. Great mod (I mean it :D).

One thing. Is there any way to have more permissions. I want to have ads in the actual posts for guests, but so that once you are registered you see ads only at the top of the board. Is there any way to do this?

DHC

Am using SMF 1.1 RC2 and had successfully installed Ad Mgmt version 1.5 - then subsequently installed numerous modifications.

Now I want to upgrade to version 2.0 of the Mod, but when I try to uninstall, the Package Manager reports errors.

How do I UPGRADE to version 2?

And - how do I uninstall version 1.5 ??

Bigguy

You can manually take everything out the the ad mod put in or you can uninstall the mods you installed after the ad mod. I think this would be the only two ways.

DHC

Quote from: Bigguy on September 13, 2006, 07:31:36 PM
You can manually take everything out the the ad mod put in or you can uninstall the mods you installed after the ad mod. I think this would be the only two ways.

I have no idea of the sequence in which I installed the mods. There are probably 20 of them altogether.

I have seen a nice post about the installation - and de-installation - steps for version 2. Is there something similar for version 1.5?

Bigguy

All the edits can be found here for the ad mods:

http://www.smfads.com/forums/

jbinbi

I have spent the last 2 hours looking at how to install this mod but can't figure this out.

I have my forum hosted by godaddy. I want to install adsense. I have the adsense code.

I have downloaded this mod.

From godaddy, I am assuming I need to upload this mod via the package manager. Do I upload the zip file (can't believe that to be true as assume that my Linux shared host doesn't know what to do)? So do I upload each file from the zip file, and if so, what do I then do?

I figure once I get this going, I just follow the instructions in post 1, but I can't get to first base. I know I read how to do this when searching before, but can't find it again.

Sorry for this request, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Bigguy

Upload the .zi[p file via package manager and it should install it to the DEFAULT theme only. If you have a custom theme you will have to add the edits to the template files of that theme. All the edits for the ad mods can be found here:

http://www.smfads.com/forums/index.php?board=7.0

jbinbi

Biguy, thanks for the help. I upload the package, and then click on apply mod (assuming this is the right thing to do).

Gives me an error

Package Manager - Install Actions
Install Actions for archive ad_mod_rc3_v2.zip:
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF. 

I am running v1.07.

Not sure I am doing the right thing. How does it know what to do with a zip file. Doesn't it need to unzip the files first?

Bigguy

O would suggest you upgrade to SMF 1.0.8 and then install the ad mod that corresponds to that version of SMF. For SMF 1.0.7 you would want this version of the ad mod:

ad_mod_1-0-7_v1-0-2b.zip

For SMF 1.0.8 you would want this version:

ad_mod_1-0-8_v1-0-2c.zip

EDIT: YAY my 2000th post. :)

Advertisement: