News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerm

Quote from: leoedin on September 13, 2006, 03:21:29 PM
Hey guys. Great mod (I mean it :D).

One thing. Is there any way to have more permissions. I want to have ads in the actual posts for guests, but so that once you are registered you see ads only at the top of the board. Is there any way to do this?
Not possible. Not yet anyways.

Mamoun

I really love this mod, Thanks  :D

Leiza

I thought that this was a great mod, until someone hacked in and was able to put some php code in there without my knowledge.  I had to take it down. :(

DHC

Quote from: Leiza on September 16, 2006, 08:18:55 PM
I thought that this was a great mod, until someone hacked in and was able to put some php code in there without my knowledge.  I had to take it down. :(

Can you describe a little more about the hack? How do you know they hacked in through code in this mod?

Leiza

When I checked my forum an hour ago, it had a bunch of code garbage where my Google Adsense was on, and I had to scroll down to see the rest of the forum.  I couldn't even go to my Admin to check what was happening.  I was able to change into a different theme and was able to get into my Admin.  There was only one possible place to put a code like that and I saw it in my Ad Management mod field.  They replaced my Google Adsense html code with some kind of php code (I didn't copy and paste it because I was trying to get my forum up for my users as quickly as possible). I just had to uninstall it because of that.  I'm using 1.0.8, by the way.

wk38

Installed it. Puts some ads in, can't see a thing. ???

Bigguy

Are they being blocked by "No Script" in FF ??? Have you enabled Permissions. ??? and are you using a custom theme.

KaYs3r

I'm trying to use this mod, it installs ok, i've changed the permissions but nothing shows anywhere. I'm using RC1 with Ig-Oh Theme, do I need to edit any file?

Thanks

Bigguy

Yes you need to edit the template files of the theme you are using. All the edits can be found here under theme support:

www.smfads.com

KaYs3r

eduardor2k

Hi, just installed and worked like a charm, too bad i had tu put my prefrences to english, because in spanish "ad management" didn't appear.

Thanks.

KaYs3r

after the instalation of this mod, my forum is too slow  :(

is it possible or it's just a coincidence?  :(

Bigguy

It would only be slow if the ad mod is having problems getting the ads. But that has nothing to do with the ad mod.

Bigguy

If we could get it translated then it would be in Spanish ;)

Quote from: eduardor2k on September 18, 2006, 10:59:51 AM
Hi, just installed and worked like a charm, too bad i had tu put my prefrences to english, because in spanish "ad management" didn't appear.

Thanks.

KaYs3r

Quote from: Bigguy on September 18, 2006, 06:25:28 PM
It woul donly be slow if the ad mod is having problems getting the ads. But that has nothing to do with the ad mod.

don't think so, i only have 1 ad and it's plain text, just to test the mod

maybe it's a coincidence, let's wait and see :)

thank you

Bigguy

Well I have been running the ad mod and have been since it was made basically. It does NOT slow the forum down. I think it is a coincidence. ;) it all depends on where the ad is coming from, if the server it's on is slow then wether it's a text ad or not is not really going to matter.

Nolt

Hello, Ive crated polish translation for you mod. If you could add it to translations :)
TRANSLATION

Bigguy

Can you post this on www.smfads.com and we will put it in the appropriate board.

Wesis69

instaled perfect .Thanks r3

a2h_

If I make more than one ad display in a page, are they rotated?
With an underscore. Because the one without an underscore's taken.

Advertisement: