News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

What other mods do you have installed. It normally doesn't produce any error upon install.

Assistance

Quote from: anjori on November 07, 2006, 01:15:41 PM
ad_mod_rc3_v2 produces an error while trying to install on SMF 1.1 RC3. The file in question is:

6.     Execute Modification     ./Themes/default/Display.template.php     Test failed

Any ideas?

if u have the arcade mod installed u have to install the Ad Mod first

alot of the time this error is easy fix, by uninstalling a mod that looks for the something in the same area.
~playing poker~

anjori

Yep, I have the arcade mod installed and a boatload of others. Unfortunately, trying to uninstall that also gives me an error because it can't modify the files required to remove it. And I've already put too much time into setting up things to just wipe everything and start fresh, so I'm kind of stuck now.

White Monkey

I have this mod installed fine on the default theme but how do I install it on the theme of my forum??

Thankyou! :)

Vinspire

Quote from: White Monkey on November 08, 2006, 03:58:26 PM
I have this mod installed fine on the default theme but how do I install it on the theme of my forum??

You could find the guide on how to make mods work in other themes HERE.

Bigguy

You can always install the ad mod and whatever it fails on, do those edits manually.

Quote from: anjori on November 08, 2006, 08:31:18 AM
Yep, I have the arcade mod installed and a boatload of others. Unfortunately, trying to uninstall that also gives me an error because it can't modify the files required to remove it. And I've already put too much time into setting up things to just wipe everything and start fresh, so I'm kind of stuck now.

Bigguy

Install the mod and then use this guide to add the edits manually:

http://www.smfads.com/forums/index.php?topic=22.0

Quote from: White Monkey on November 08, 2006, 03:58:26 PM

FinsandFur

Has anyone had an instance where only some of the ad placement options work?

I'm running cerberus on 1.1rc3, and I installed ad_mod_rc3_v2 . It installed automatically and well, what I thought was flawlessly.
But now that I'm implementing it, I'm finding that only some of the options work. It seems to be only the options that place ads inside of threads, or above and between threads that work. Anything on the top, bottom, or side, does nothing. And nothing will show on the index page.

Any idears  :(

White Monkey

Thanks for the links you two. But I am having trouble with them...Is there anything else?

Bigguy

What are you having trouble with. ???

@ FinsandFur: You have to apply the edits to any theme other thant he default in order to get it to work. Go into your cerberus theme folder and see how many template files you have. Then edit them using this page:

http://www.smfads.com/forums/index.php?topic=22.0

White Monkey

I do what it says, but then when I upload the file again it comes up with an error :(

I REALLY want it in my header section, anything else is a bonus!

Can you help?

FinsandFur

Bigguy

What are you using to edit your files. ???

Quote from: White Monkey on November 09, 2006, 03:12:40 PM
I do what it says, but then when I upload the file again it comes up with an error :(

I REALLY want it in my header section, anything else is a bonus!

Can you help?

Assistance

~playing poker~

opioq

Thanks for the great plugin but it seems I can ONLY see ads when I am logged in as admin. Can anyone please help me with this? It would be greatly appreciated. The site is hxxp:www.morgellonsite.com [nonactive]

opioq

Quote from: Assistance on November 06, 2006, 11:24:52 AM
go to permission per group and enable ads

nevermind my previous post.

thanks!

justafishermen

Hey there, this is an amazing mod!

When I upgraded from SMF 1.0.8 to 1.1 RC3 it stopped working. It doesnt have the link to manage it in the admin panel anymore either. Any idea how I can re-add it without losing all the banners I have in there already?
Angling Fanatics Fishing Community
Built By The Members For The Members

Bigguy

@ opioq: set all your user permissions.

@ justafishermen: You should be able to just re-install version 2 of the ad mod and it should pick up where it left off.

justafishermen

Thanks BigGuy, I installed 2.0 but it didnt pickup the ads from 1.0... And it seems a little different. I went to "Add Ads" and it gives me a "content" box. I'm guessing I have to manually add the HTML code rather than in 1.0 I simply insert the url to the banner and URL for where it should point?
Angling Fanatics Fishing Community
Built By The Members For The Members

Bigguy

Yes, in the content box is were the ad code, or the code you are using is supposed to go.

Advertisement: