News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

codenut

Kudos on Ad Management as it slid in quite nicely on my forums but I do have one questions regarding permissions.

What I want to do is have it so folks that have a donation suubscription don't see the ads.

What I have done to try and achieve this is -

1. Created a Donator Group (based off of Regular Member)
2. Gone into the available groups and with the exception of the Donator group enabled Ads
3. Add some test users to the Donator class - assuming then they wouldn't see the ads

This however doesn't work as they still see the ads

Any suggestions of what I might have done wrong here - or something else to try.

any help would be appreciated.
Steven Hodson
WinExtra
Blog: http://www.winextra.com
Forums: http://www.winextra.com/forums

Bigguy

I would think they are in two member groups and one still has show ads to that group enabled.

codenut

Quote from: Bigguy on December 14, 2006, 06:04:49 PM
I would think they are in two member groups and one still has show ads to that group enabled.

So it looks like I'll have to rework my groups then - oh well :) I'll see what I can work out
Steven Hodson
WinExtra
Blog: http://www.winextra.com
Forums: http://www.winextra.com/forums

jerm

In the donator group, deny the permission instead of disallow.

richfella

SMF Version: SMF 1.0.9
I've installed the ad mod on the classic theme, please could someone hlp me with the edits? Thanks a mil.

Bigguy

Did you not get the files I sent you or did they not work. ???

ComputerLady

Quote from: FinsandFur on December 13, 2006, 09:57:27 AM
I'm having a heck of a time over here.
I cannot get my test site back up for nothing.

Tried putting all the code snippets back, along with the source files etc. And I continue to get this;
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: show_topofpageads() in /home/xxxx/public_html/testarea/forums/Sources/Load.php(1706) : eval()'d code on line 147

This is the problem I am having too. Forum is completely down:
http://cebug.org/forum/

Was attempting to upgrade from SMF 1.1 RC3 to latest version with Ad Mod: ad_mod_rc3_v2.zip installed. Only thing I can think to do at this point is do a reinstall of SMF 1.1 RC3, restore from my backup, and attempt to remove the Ad Mod. If that is successful, I should be able to upgrade SMF itself.

Really wish there was some kind of better info on how to resolve this here, or a cautionary note when upgrading SMF. Never had a problem of this kind before with any upgrades for SMF or Mods...

and I've tried manually uploading updated mod files to where I think they should go. No improvement yet.
The Computer Lady!
Design Works Internet - CEBUG
Custom Web Design & Programming, Video Tutorials

FinsandFur

If it's any help Computorlady I never did get my test site back up....it burned completely to the ground somehow during upgrading with the ad mod installed.

I tried uninstalling the mod from my active site and had big issues with that too.
When you go to put the mod back in manually after either uninstalling or upgrading over top of it, be sure to put the added files back in their destination folders for example...

"Ads.php" destination="$sourcedir"
"LoadAds.php" destination="$sourcedir"
"Ads.template.php" destination="$themedir"
"Ads.english.php" destination="$languagedir"

I hired my upgrade done after that....couldn't take it any longer  ;D

ComputerLady

I gave up on trying to restore after a few hours... Have no idea what was problem, but no matter what I tried errors seem to proliferate. Wrong table names, wrong kind of data inside tables, etc. Can only think that either database I had downloaded was corrupted during download, or errors were there in database all along. (Had been experiencing some odd behaviors which I had been chalking up to SMF still being an RC, and need to upgrade some mods.) 

Best thing to do - obviously - was to start from scratch again with a known good install. Means all my users will have to re-register, and I'll have to recreate structure from scratch. Only content there that I regret loosing was a nice archive of tips and link suggestions provided by members (forum is for local computer user group). Had been planning to create an easier to use system for the main part of the site for storing articles, tips, and links anyway. (Long-term storage vs short-term.) So, I'm simply going to have to dust those plans off and bring them forward sooner.

Not happy about this, in other words, but willing to view it as a learning experience. Need to work out best process for doing major updates... Do mods first, then SMF. Or, remove all mods, update SMF, then see if mods can be reinstalled. 
The Computer Lady!
Design Works Internet - CEBUG
Custom Web Design & Programming, Video Tutorials

Beagen

Awesome mod!

I was wondering though, is there any way I can make certain ads appear more then others?

Example, I have 2 types of ads. I want 1 type is appear 3/4 of the time, and one 1/4 of the time.

Right now, I added the one I want 3/4 of the time 3 times, so it thinks I have 4 adds. But, this messes up your cool reports page for me =/

Suggestions?
Thanks,
-B

Webmaster, Land of Lag.

Bigguy

No currently there is no way to do that. You can suggest it at www.smfads.com though if you want.

madfiddler

I've tried this mod twice now, the 2nd time with a clean 1.1.1 install but with the subscription package on and I still get this error

Fatal error: Unknown function: show_boardads() in blahblah/public_html/fiddleforum/Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php

Memnon

Why cant i download the Norwegian translation files? I get a message that tells me to login, but my username and password doesn't work there. Don't I have access to that part of the forum?

Bigguy

@ madfiddler: Are all the edits in that file: BoardIndex.template.php

@ Memnon: What site are you talking about this one or www.smfads.com. ???

Memnon

Quote from: Bigguy on December 27, 2006, 11:27:08 PM
@ Memnon: What site are you talking about this one or www.smfads.com. ???

Oh, now I see, the language files are on www.smfads.com. I never get an activation mail from that site. Anyone know of another place to download the language files listed in the first post of this thread?

Bigguy

No that would be the only place. I can tell Jerm later unless he sees this and activates you.

madfiddler

Quote from: Bigguy on December 27, 2006, 11:27:08 PM
@ madfiddler: Are all the edits in that file: BoardIndex.template.php

Hi, I don't know. I took it off straight away - as it took the forum offline. I did a clean 1.1.1 install today with the latest english language pack and the same thing happened.

Bigguy

What version of the ad mod are you using. ???

Memnon

Is it possible to use this mod for all Themes or just the Default? It doesn't show in Classic...

madfiddler

Advertisement: