News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

I don't have that version in front of me but the package-info.xml file should tell you what files go where.

brianj

still getting error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: show_boardads() in /mnt/Target01/xxxx/www.kitsapcountyforum.com/web/content/Sources/Load.php(1724) : eval()'d code on line 10

jerm

Upload a fresh copy of LoadAds.php
It appears it might have gotten corrupt when you last uploaded it.

tpruessner

Hi, I am sorry if I am stepping in the middle of a conversation, but I have a question about this mod.  I uploaded it, thought it was working great and tried to place ads.  Well, the ads showed up everywhere when I was under the admin username, BUT when I was under another 'test' username, the ads were completely gone.  I have looked for the answer to what I have done wrong with it, but I honestly can't find the answer.  Does anyone here know?  Thank you very much.

Tam

The website I am using it at is http://mommysgetaway.com/smf/index.php

tpruessner

Nevermind...I am a dope!  LOL!  I just figured it out!  Thank you for your time!!!

Tam

brianj

Quote from: jerm on January 05, 2007, 01:21:53 PM
Upload a fresh copy of LoadAds.php
It appears it might have gotten corrupt when you last uploaded it.

Might have found the issue...I can't change permissions on the index.template.php file. Gives me a 550 permission denied error. I guess I'll have to shout out to my host to see what the deal is. Thanks for the help and I'll keep everyone posted so as to possibly help someone out with a similar prob in the future.

brianj

>:( ahhhhhh! Every time I try to install it locks my access to ftp for that folder. 550 permission denied. My host has to reissue admin privileges. I'll try it one more time...

jerm

A new version has been uploaded. Please visit http://www.smfads.com/forums/index.php?topic=480 for full details.

norrisboat

Im having a bit of trouble installing the mod and hopefully someone can help me out.  Ive uploaded it from my comp through the smf package software.  Im unable to apply the mod(install).  I keep getting "You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable! "

Ive added write permission to these files:

Sources/ModSettings.php
Themes/default/index.template.php
Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php
Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php
Themes/default/Display.template.php
Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php

Do I have to add write permissions to the files that are part of the ad management mod?  I looked for them on my server but I cant locate them.  My package manager lists the files but I cant locate where on the server they are????  Thanks, for the help

Norris  :D

Bigguy

Chmod the packages folder and the temp folder inside it both to 777. If there is no temp folder create one.

norrisboat

Quote from: Bigguy on January 14, 2007, 12:07:41 AM
Chmod the packages folder and the temp folder inside it both to 777. If there is no temp folder create one.

Chmod? 777?  Huh?  Your speaking a language Im unfamiliar with.  Can you please explain what these terms mean?  Thanks bigguy

Norris

Bigguy

Change your permissions on those 2 folders to 777

norrisboat

Quote from: Bigguy on January 14, 2007, 07:55:34 PM
Change your permissions on those 2 folders to 777

Ok, now I keep getting this error when I try to install it.

Fatal error: packageinstall(): Failed opening required '/home/*****/**************-www/forums/Packages/temp/./install.php' (include_path='./:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/*****/**************-www/forums/Sources/Packages.php on line 549

What is this trying to tell me?  I have *'d out the files that are part of the sites identity. 

Thanks for the help.  :)

Bigguy

If there is no "temp" directory inside the "packages" folder then create it and chmod it to 777

dsanchez

Can't install it, I get the error:

"The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted."

Using SMF 1.1.1

Any ideas?

Thanks

David.

norrisboat

Quote from: Bigguy on January 16, 2007, 02:22:05 AM
If there is no "temp" directory inside the "packages" folder then create it and chmod it to 777

Fatal error: packageinstall(): Failed opening required '/home/*****/****************-www/forums/Packages/temp/./install.php' (include_path='./:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/*****/****************-www/forums/Sources/Packages.php on line 549

Im getting the same error but the temp folder has been added and I gave it write priveleges.  I guess thats what you mean by 777.

Ive created the temp folder several times but it keeps deleting it everytime i hit the "install" button and then it deletes the temp folder???????  Why does it keep deleting the temp folder? 

Thanks.

Bigguy

Hmm, not to sure. You could try 755 instead of 777 but I doubt that will solve this problem.

EliTe_ThuT

I don't know why but when I click add ads, then I select the properties and add my google adsense code, then click add...and well it's like if I just create 4 time that ad... Help plz :-[

Bigguy

Sounds like the code got added to many times to your template files. You will have to go through the 4 template files it modifies and check them.

Advertisement: