Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

Install the mod and then do the edits for this file: "Display.template.php" manually.

skball123

what happens if i need to use a java ad.. i mean i know wat happens.. it doesnt come up, but waht should i do?

Shonick

why does the ads not show to guest, It only shows to the registered members

Bigguy

Shonick

the "enable ads", right?

Bigguy

Yes in all the membergroups. You might try doing a hard refresh (crtl +f5) and see if they show.

jerm

Quote from: skball123 on January 22, 2007, 05:58:00 PM
what happens if i need to use a java ad.. i mean i know wat happens.. it doesnt come up, but waht should i do?
Do you mean javascript?
Paste the code you are wanting to use.

skball123

ok this is it

<script type="text/javascript"><!--
google_ad_client = "pub-9788119763964936";
google_ad_width = 234;
google_ad_height = 60;
google_ad_format = "234x60_as";
google_ad_type = "text_image";
google_ad_channel ="";
google_color_border = "BBBFC5";
google_color_bg = "BBBFC5";
google_color_link = "0000FF";
google_color_url = "008000";
google_color_text = "000000";
//--></script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="hxxp:pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js [nonactive]">
</script>

SRaven

Quote from: stormgal on January 23, 2007, 11:37:23 PM
I uploaded this mod, but it seems as if the css and the style sheet files are missing.&nbsp; I tried to reinstall it many times, but I keep getting the same problem

It looks like you are trying to upload it in the wrong place. from the img, it looks like you are uploading this as a theme....this is not a theme ;D

Undo what you have done and install this using the package manager, not in themes and settings....

hakany

I installed ad management (smf 1.1.1) it works fine, but I don't know how to ad the banners, how to links files, (it only says write your code here), how can link to banner file or image, is it possible to put flash file ?
Thank you
Best regards...

Gobo

use normal html and scripts in the boxes
trial will let u know limitations eventually

im sure flash will work as long as the code is correct and file location is properly specified

hakany

Thank you for your answer, then where (which folder) should I store my files for the images etc ?
Best regards

3mrhythm

i want to thank you for this mod! its great as soon as i get some support from my memebers and adds i'll throw a little your way :) thanks!
www.nhfragswap.com
www.yariscentral.com

Bigguy

@ hakany: It doesn't really matter were they are stored just make sure the code points to were they are.

geezmo

The link to the Ad Management Mod settings in my Admin panel is missing. I think this was due to some conflict with another mod I installed. The ads are still showing ok but I can't control them anymore because I don't have the Ad management mod settings link in Admin Panel.

How can I bring this back or, at the least, how can I access that in Admin panel so I can control the ads?

barcelona

Guys I really would love some help getting my ads up!  I got the Ad management installed but neither my adbrite ads nor my banners show!

Bigguy

If you are not using the default theme then there are 4 templates you have to edit in order to get the ads to show.

Display.template.php
MessageIndex.template.php
BoardIndex.template.php
index.template.php

All the edits can be found here for all the different ad mod versions:

http://www.smfads.com/forums/index.php?board=7.0

choloman05

when trying to uninstall the old version on RC2, I got this error that crashed my site:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: show_topofpageads() in /*****/public_html/Sources/Load.php(1724) : eval()'d code on line 202

What do I do to restore the balance??

Bigguy

Put LoadAds.php back in the Sources directory.

dontbe

arrg
Im not getting a authorization email from smfads.com forum... so I cant post there! (user findit)

I am using slickpro graphite.. I would be happy to do the mod manually, but the only mod I see is for RC3..
is there a smfad mod for smf1.1.1 slickpro graphite?? Ormuz wants to know too. amoungst others.
what can I do?
regards, Ed

Advertisement: