Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

dontbe

hello Bigguy:
I cant find the edits for slickpro graphite at that link you mentioned?
your last comment was "ill take alook at it"
http://www.smfads.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=0010e835bfad1a7cb7f16160e06b3256&topic=438.0

I feel like i am missing something. Ill look at the manual notes.

Bigguy

Sorry the past little while I have been a bit busy. Have you searched the smfads site. I am possitive I have edited the slickpro graphite theme already.

dsanchez

when I create an ad, it shows twice in the admin. Any ideas? (see attach)

Thanks

David.

choloman05

Thanks for the help Bigguy.

dontbe

Quote from: Bigguy on January 29, 2007, 12:07:27 AM
Sorry the past little while I have been a bit busy. Have you searched the smfads site. I am possitive I have edited the slickpro graphite theme already.
here is the last note from you about the slickpro1.1.1 mod from what I can tell....
Re: Edited theme files
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2007, 09:01:04 AM »

Quote from: bigguy on January 20, 2007, 07:36:50 PM
@ ormuz, stephancelmare360: Have you searched the forum to see if those files are here somewhere. Huh?

Yes, the theme I've requested is posted already here, but the files are for the RC3 version, and this version isn't working with the 1.1.1 version! If sameone can do the upgrade I and the cummunity will appreciate that, tahnks!

but to be fair, I have not looked at the install notes for the manual instructions... I guess its time for me to learn some php.
:)

Bigguy

crazyclover

Yes.... The enable feature was driving me nuts..

Thanks again

CrazyClover
DiamondGamer.com

wickedstangs

Trying to remove 2.0 ad management mod but, get this error?
!!Error in Package Installation

At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

Type Action Description
1. Execute Modification ./index.php Test failed
2. Execute Modification ./Sources/Subs.php Test successful
3. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test failed
4. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php Test successful
5. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Display.template.php Test failed
6. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php Test successful
7. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php Test successful
8. Delete File ./Sources/Ads.php 
9. Delete File ./Sources/LoadAds.php 
10. Delete File ./Themes/default/Ads.template.php 
11. Delete File ./Themes/default/languages/Ads.english.php

Do I continue or not?

Bigguy

If you do continue the edits in those 3 files will have to come out manually. Check either your install.xml file in the package or www.smfads.com for all the edits to remove.

riverts

i successfully installed this MOD to smf 1.1.1 using dilbert MF theme. here is just my question, i want to put the ads on CENTER because it is set as default on the left side. what files should i edit and what part of it. i will appreciate any you may have.

thanks in advance.

Bigguy

Try putting this tag in front of your ad code:

<div align="center">Ad Code Here</div>

franklinrony

i have problem with sitemap of davil, when type http://localhost/smf/sitemaps
appear
Fatal error: Call to undefined function show_topofpageAds() in W:\www\smf\Sources\Load.php(1642) : eval()'d code on line 170
but in load.php there not  function show_topofpageAds
in index.template there
//Display ads on the top of the page
        $ads = show_topofpageAds();
        if(!empty($ads))
                if($ads['type']==0)
                        echo $ads['content'];
                else
                        eval($ads['content']);
        unset($ads);

how fix this ?
http://twitter.com/franklinrony

Entra y aprende a ser un webmaster
www.sv-blog.com
--Si pides ayuda al menos agradece el soporte recibido----

Bigguy

Make sure LoadAds.php is in the Sources folder.

franklinrony

yes loadads in sources folder.

www.sv-blog.com

Bigguy

Then the edits for the mod are not in the index.template.php file. Reinstalling the mod or doing those edits manually should fix it.

aznwarrior44

Hi I am totally lost this is the first time I've ever administered a forum so please be patient with me. I am using the ad management mod and I cant get it to display the ads for my forum members. I can see the ads when I am logged in as admin but when I log out the ads dissappear. I am using SMF 1.1.1 zip (I dont know what RC2 or RC3 mean, I just downloaded the forum a few days ago) Witht he default theme, on Xammp server, ad mod version 1.1.x 2.3. Please help I'm this whole server/forum thing has been really stressing me out.

If any one is interested in joining a social/anime discussion forum please come take a look at mine.

Visit: hxxp:www.otakudesuka.us.to [nonactive] I think you'll enjoy it (that is after I finish installing ads and adding boards, I would like to be able to server this thing some place other than from my laptop. Currently the forum is down when I'm at the college. =P ... server will be down while i reinstall xamp and server due to some error that keeps on kicking me out and forcing me to relog when ever i want to use admin functions. I had to change the site/theme url since i spelled it wrong the first time. Seems that xampp doesnt like it so ill do it right one time. Site is avaible from 2pm to 6am -8 gmt for now till I can move the server to my friend's house. OO I wrote alot of stuff..... sorri *bow*)

Thank You soo much

Sincerely,
Yakumo

(also if google is witholding some % for taxes from adsense do I have to pay taxes again when tax time comes around?)

Bigguy

Go into the admin panel to permissions and set it so all members can see ads. That should get them to show.

aznwarrior44

YaY! thanks it worked perfectly

franklinrony

solve the problem but ads dont show where put the code of index.template.php

www.sv-blog.com

Advertisement: