hoping to find some clues and answers about some errors from the server

Started by marcnyc, February 02, 2006, 11:00:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcnyc

Hello guys...
I have been successfully running SMF on my server for a few years...
A few days ago the server went down for a day and the hosting company moved (as in either moved the hard drive or copied the files, I am trying to find that out now) my site to another machine to avoid/reduce further downtime.
Unfortunately ever since they did this, after every log in to SMF I get a blank page with errors (see below).

The hosting company says everything is the same and blames it on the scripts and I know you guys will blame it on the host, so I just wanna make clear that I am only here to try to make sense out of the errors and I would apprecaite your help... Any clues as to what settings on the server might be screwing this up would greatly help me.

The errors are:
Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/chaind00/domains/chaindlk.com/public_html/community/Sources/Subs.php on line 232

Notice: Undefined index: is_admin in /home/chaind00/domains/chaindlk.com/public_html/community/Sources/Security.php on line 552

Notice: Undefined index: permissions in /home/chaind00/domains/chaindlk.com/public_html/community/Sources/Security.php on line 559

Warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/chaind00/domains/chaindlk.com/public_html/community/Sources/Security.php on line 559
session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/chaind00/domains/chaindlk.com/public_html/community/Sources/Subs.php:232)
Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/chaind00/domains/chaindlk.com/public_html/community/Sources/Subs.php on line 232

You may look at the phpinfo() of my (new) server here:
http://www.chaindlk.com/sources/_phpinfo_.php

The installation of SMF is here:
http://www.chaindlk.com/community (it is bridged with Mambo)

Here is the status file:
http://www.chaindlk.com/community/status.php

I have changed NOTHING in the last several months so I know this is not related to Mambo or anything else... I know this must be happening because of some different settings on the new machine they moved me to and since I am not an apache/php/server expert, I would greatly appreciate if you had any ideas as to what this could be caused by and how to address it.
Thanks a million.

marcnyc

Thank you very much... I knew somebody here would have a clue....

I have SMF 1.0.1
Is there a way that I can make it compatible with PHP 4.4 without having to upgrade to SMF 1.0.5?
I am just afraid that my integration with Orstio's Mambo bridge will stop working correctly...

Ben_S

You NEED to upgrade to 1.0.6. Anything below has security issues.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

marcnyc

do you want to make sure that my and orstio's bridge will work? ;-)

Ben_S

Assuming you are use the latest bridge and the latest Mambo too you should be fine.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Advertisement: