News:

SMF 2.0.19 has been released! Please update. Read more.

Main Menu

MessagePreviewOnMouseOver

Started by snork13, February 03, 2006, 12:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

astounding

Useless. Only works on default theme.

unrelenting


dDOTr2

excellent mod. thanks for coding this.

edwardsiow

great mod and i install easily in custom theme....

by the way, the preview message doesn't look good in firefox browser...anybody know the trick to solve it?

thanks a lot..

danskmacabre

I had this working with RC3 and the helios theme, but the new helios theme to tie in with my upgraded 1.1.2 smf is quite different.
so if anyone has done this for the helios theme, I'd be grateful if they post it here.

Iff not, I can work it out myself at some stage and will post the change here when it works.
Website: cantref.org.uk chaos8.com | SmF version: 2 | Portal software: PortaMx 1.3 | Default theme: Coal Black

snork13

Quote from: danskmacabre on March 28, 2007, 02:19:41 AM
I had this working with RC3 and the helios theme, but the new helios theme to tie in with my upgraded 1.1.2 smf is quite different.
so if anyone has done this for the helios theme, I'd be grateful if they post it here.

Iff not, I can work it out myself at some stage and will post the change here when it works.


Just unzipped the modification file and check the xml modification for the changes. You are using a custom theme which may not have the exact code. It should be close to the same though :)
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

dadann

Quote from: edwardsiow on March 27, 2007, 03:31:33 PM
by the way, the preview message doesn't look good in firefox browser...anybody know the trick to solve it?
Same question, please...

unrelenting

Quote from: dadann on April 01, 2007, 05:53:53 PM
Quote from: edwardsiow on March 27, 2007, 03:31:33 PM
by the way, the preview message doesn't look good in firefox browser...anybody know the trick to solve it?
Same question, please...

Post a screenshot. Mine has always worked just fine in Firefox.

dadann

OK.
On firefox :


On Internet Explorer :

Sarge

Quote from: dadann on April 02, 2007, 04:18:41 AM
OK.
On firefox :

Test it with this: View menu --> Character encoding --> Auto-Detect --> Universal.

Part of the problem looks like a UTF-8 issue to me.

    Please do not PM me with support requests unless I invite you to.

http://www.zeriyt.com/   ~   http://www.galeriashqiptare.net/


Quote
<H> I had zero posts when I started posting

dadann

Thank you Sarge, but it's the same thing with
"View menu --> Character encoding --> Auto-Detect --> Universal."

Problem is the same in my place (firefox 2) and at work (firefox 1.5).

unrelenting

Try View-Character Encoding- then try several of those 6 in that list at the bottom. Mine is on UTF-8. You'll have to refresh the page after you change it.

Sarge

Yes, set Auto-Detect --> Universal and then try some actual encodings. I'd start with Western (ISO-8859-1) and Unicode (UTF-8). Maybe your template specifies a different character set, for example ISO-8859-15.

May we see the URL for your forum?

    Please do not PM me with support requests unless I invite you to.

http://www.zeriyt.com/   ~   http://www.galeriashqiptare.net/


Quote
<H> I had zero posts when I started posting

dadann

#93
Quote from: unrelenting on April 02, 2007, 08:44:46 PM
Try View-Character Encoding- then try several of those 6 in that list at the bottom. Mine is on UTF-8. You'll have to refresh the page after you change it.
Thank you so much for helping me,
but when I refresh it returns on the original encoding (occidental ISO).
But I tried all the encodings.
Anyway, I really don't think this is a character encoding problem.
You say that because of the tiny black characters representing the "enter" key,
which look like the tiny black diamond with questionmark when it's character encoding related.
I'm surprised nobody else has the same problem.
Maybe it comes from the french version of Firefox,
since my forum members have it too.
I will try with another version.

Sarge, I send you my forum address by PM since it's my old forum's next upgrade (30 000 members) and I don't wanna give the link in public before it's finished.

Thank you all.

Sarge

OK, I got the link via PM. Here's how "Welcome to SMF!" in your forum looks in my Firefox 2.0.0.3 (no black squares!):



and in Internet Explorer 7.0:






Also, here's how another topic preview looks like in FF2 and IE7:

FF2:



IE7:



Notice how FF2 displays only a small part of the message, whereas IE7 displays all of it; also, line breaks don't display in FF2, but they show up fine in IE7.

    Please do not PM me with support requests unless I invite you to.

http://www.zeriyt.com/   ~   http://www.galeriashqiptare.net/


Quote
<H> I had zero posts when I started posting

dadann

#95
As I told you in PM, the black squares are not my biggest problem,
even if it's connectable to the big problem :
Firefox doesn't display 384 characters as I asked in the admin panel !!!

Thanks for your interest.

S!LiC0N

Really nice mod - but cant install it... :(

I am running SMF 1.1.2 with this mods:
Quote
Admin Modification Menu Section
SMF Shoutbox
SMF Staff Page
Member Color Link
Membergroup Color Legend
Stars to Profile
Custom Profile Field Mod
Users Online Today Mod
Increase/Decrease Postbox Size
FontandSizeDropdown1.1
MessagePreviewOnHover

When i try to install i get this error:

3. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Admin.template.php Test failed

All other test are successful... anyone knows how to fix it?#

Thx.

snork13

Quote from: S!LiC0N on April 23, 2007, 06:50:06 AM
Really nice mod - but cant install it... :(

I am running SMF 1.1.2 with this mods:
Quote
Admin Modification Menu Section
SMF Shoutbox
SMF Staff Page
Member Color Link
Membergroup Color Legend
Stars to Profile
Custom Profile Field Mod
Users Online Today Mod
Increase/Decrease Postbox Size
FontandSizeDropdown1.1
MessagePreviewOnHover

When i try to install i get this error:

3. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Admin.template.php Test failed

All other test are successful... anyone knows how to fix it?#

Thx.


you may need to install manually, it would seem another mod is conflicting with the code changes.
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

thecatlady

Love the mod, and so do the members.  I have about 20 members using Babylon though, and they don't have the feature.  Maybe I've missed it in a previous post, but how do I get this feature to work in Babylon?

TIA!

Kindred

Mods, in general, only install themselves on the default theme.

On any other theme, you will have to manually apply the mod code.

In this case, the doce would need to be updated in the babylon theme's messageindex.template.php.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: