News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

MessagePreviewOnMouseOver

Started by snork13, February 03, 2006, 12:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

purper

Thanks again Snork! I do have phpmyadmin, but the php file was better for my n00b knowledge ;)
Installed without any problems!! Tnx again!! :D

bburg5

Quote from: snork13 on March 30, 2009, 08:09:03 PM
try this one, backup you current file first ;) and let me know

Soory it took so long, but it all works great. I really appreciate the help. Do you know if the same modifications will work for the BURN theme?

Thanks again

bburg5

Quote from: bburg5 on April 03, 2009, 08:19:21 AM
Quote from: snork13 on March 30, 2009, 08:09:03 PM
try this one, backup you current file first ;) and let me know

Soory it took so long, but it all works great. I really appreciate the help. Do you know if the same modifications will work for the BURN theme?

Thanks again

I did some playing around and it works great on both themes....

johnofchar

Hi snork13 & thanks for this mod. Just what some of my members have been asking for. Did the full package install, but had to do a manual for the recent.template.php because I had previously modified that line of code to move the new.gif to the front of the line. Works great in both of my themes.

However just one little problem. The variable size text window works just fine in the main topic display (I have it set to 256), but is stuck on 128 for the recent displays. Is this standard op or did I miss something when I edited the recent template?

snork13

Quote from: johnofchar on April 07, 2009, 12:38:32 PM
Hi snork13 & thanks for this mod. Just what some of my members have been asking for. Did the full package install, but had to do a manual for the recent.template.php because I had previously modified that line of code to move the new.gif to the front of the line. Works great in both of my themes.

However just one little problem. The variable size text window works just fine in the main topic display (I have it set to 256), but is stuck on 128 for the recent displays. Is this standard op or did I miss something when I edited the recent template?

you are correct, maybe in the next release i can add that feature.

-snork13
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

johnofchar

Quote from: snork13 on April 07, 2009, 01:56:45 PM

you are correct, maybe in the next release i can add that feature.

-snork13
OK cool, thought I'd missed something. Good mod  & thanks for doing it.

Abzstrak

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this.... I am running 2.0 RC1, this mod installs without an error, but doesn't work.  firebug shows no errors, I'm not really sure what to look for.

I do have a number of modifications installed on the forums though.  What should I look for to see if this is trying to work or what?

I have the forums wrapped up in Joomla, I've tried them unwrapped, same thing... nothing.  I have set the preview length to 128, 256 and now it's at 384, but still nothing.  In the console for firebug I don't even see an event of any kind being triggered on mouseover, should I?

snork13

Quote from: Abzstrak on April 11, 2009, 02:06:18 PM
I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this.... I am running 2.0 RC1, this mod installs without an error, but doesn't work.  firebug shows no errors, I'm not really sure what to look for.

I do have a number of modifications installed on the forums though.  What should I look for to see if this is trying to work or what?

I have the forums wrapped up in Joomla, I've tried them unwrapped, same thing... nothing.  I have set the preview length to 128, 256 and now it's at 384, but still nothing.  In the console for firebug I don't even see an event of any kind being triggered on mouseover, should I?

are you using the default theme?
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

Abzstrak

yea.... that was it, sry for the noobish question.  I changed :
        $settings['message_index_preview'] = true;
in my modified index.template.php and it's fine now.  I have only a few files, 99% of them are pulling from default, I forgot about that one :)

Thanks

TheListener

Fantastic addition to the forum.

shelzmike

Hello -

Cool mod - works exactly as I want it to, with only one problem - it does not work in Firefox, which most of the users on my site use. Okay, scratch that, as I was just checking all the rest of the browsers (Opera, Safari, Chrome) none of them work. So I went back to IE, and now it is not working anymore either, but I have made no changes. That is weird though, because I KNOW what it was working in IE only. Anybody have any ideas as to why? And yes, I have the character count set to like 384 or something like that.

Mike

EDIT: Wait a moment...is this theme specific? I am using a different theme than default. I didn't even think of that (duh!) I will look to see what I can find.

Kindred

this would have to be applied separately to any theme with its own copy of messageIndex.template.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

shelzmike

Yeah, I am checking out the xml files for manual mod now, unless there is an easier way.

Mike

shelzmike

Okay, not sure what I am missing here, or it it will even work with my theme. I am currently using DilberMC for my forums theme - in the xml file of the mod it asks me to replace some code in the $themedir/Recent.template.php. My theme does not have this file. Does this mean that that theme defaults to another Recent.template.php file somewhere else? Or will it not work in this theme?

I also do not have a couple of the others as well in my theme folder. I also do not have the line $settings['message_index_preview'] = false;

IN my index.template.php either (which is listed in the modification_2.xml of the mod. <<--EDIT I must be more tired than I thought. I just looked at the package info and realize this is for the beta version (2.0) of SMF.

But still the first part of my message is true!

EDIT:  :D I SWEAR I am not drunk (or crazy) even though I have been having a conversation with myself here - adding that one line in the MessageIndex.template.php solved the problem for the DilberMX theme.

Mike

ponopoly

would it be possible to add support to show pictures and execute BBCode when a topic is hovered?

This didnt do what I thought it would, but i know you can get it to work
thanks.

snork13

Quote from: ponopoly on May 07, 2009, 07:09:56 PM
would it be possible to add support to show pictures and execute BBCode when a topic is hovered?

This didnt do what I thought it would, but i know you can get it to work
thanks.

I have no plans for this feature. You are welcome to give it a whirl though.

-snork13
Mods

Astra_200

Very nice mod thanks.  ;D

Works fine for me 2.0 RC1 with custom theme.

Downloaded package installed no errors then changed in my custom theme Index.template.php

$settings['message_index_preview'] = false;
to
$settings['message_index_preview'] = true;

Chit-Chat ChatterBox Boss

How do I make it so anywhere in the topic title box I put the cursor it makes it show up?
Right now you have to directly put it on the topic title. Kinda going for the idea like boardhover mod does to make it able so you can click anywhere in the box to enter the topic.

Maybe also another tip is that it does this also when you put the cursor on the last post as well not just the subject like it is setup to do.
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

Our site is open to everyone. It is a resource for anyone and everyone to talk about anything and everything you could possibly think of. It's a great place to come and talk, ask questions, or just simply hang out. We offer many great features. All we ask is that you follow by the site rules. Hope to see you around!
www.chitchatchatterbox.com
Remember in the "Referral" box to put "Caleb" while registering.

PHPLearner

Is There Anyway I Can Integrate this so when search results come Up I can preview them also? Thanks A Bunch

noelchiew

I'm running SMF 1.1.9 and I wanted to update from the older version 1.0.5 to 1.0.7. I manually uninstalled the older version and when I tried to apply the mod I get this error:

"The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF."

What should I do?

Advertisement: