Get to know the team: Bloc

Started by bloc, February 03, 2006, 09:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoTmetal

Quote from: Thantos on February 04, 2006, 01:57:04 PM
rofl I was reading bear as beer :P
Whats one thing that you wished SMF has but currently doesn't?

LOL me too.... It must be my body getting ready for the super bowl....lol

Bloc I love your theme Simplicity its simple & yet very detailed. I like how it lays out the forum in a slightly different manor....
Now for my question....

What is your favorite (non-bloc :D ) theme?? & why?

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

HoTmetal

Quote from: sloopz on February 04, 2006, 02:37:06 PM
Quote from: rickc on February 04, 2006, 02:28:21 PM

Thats been asked :P

Um... no it hasn't. re-read the question... I agree, maybe I could of worded it a bit better..You asked asked Favorite theme & Bloc answered with a bloc theme. .... I'm asking favorite NON-BLOCK theme...Just want to know what theme's inspire him (aside from his own....)

bloc

Some way of easily move a lot of members from one group to another...generally macro functions I guess.

Quote from: rickc on February 04, 2006, 02:28:21 PM

LOL me too.... It must be my body getting ready for the super bowl....lol

Bloc I love your theme Simplicity its simple & yet very detailed. I like how it lays out the forum in a slightly different manor....
Now for my question....

Saf theme by Forsakenlad. Its elegant and simplistic, clean lines and soft colors. :) I also liked Koni's Hi:ha theme, very innovative twist of the babylon theme, with great looking buttons.

Tim

What sites do you visit daily, this site excluded

bloc

http://www.tinyportal.net , news sites locally, 2 other forums I run/co-run and a lot of google. :) Mostly either php code-related or css/html related. Also often http://www.phpclasses.org and http://www.deviantart.com + http://shellcity.net

jerm

i was gonna ask how you got the nickname bloc as well.. because
"Did you know.."
bloc is the name of a party in the canadian gov't.. they are actually a separatist party as well (i dont like them)
dum dum dum

Pause

When you first discovered SMF, what were your initial thoughts about it?
"You and me, inside that box, now." - The Doctor

Bite Fusion
Fusion Web Network
VG Fusion
Wrestling Fusion + Wrestling Fusion Forums

bloc

Quote from: Mattitude on February 04, 2006, 06:59:11 PM
When you first discovered SMF, what were your initial thoughts about it?
That it was rather anonymous :)

I mean, at least from the colorful YabbSE. But of course, when diving in and trying it out, it was just jaw-dropping. The speed..was just amazing. I had been using the dreaded YabbSE Supermod version up until then, so of course the difference was probably even bigger than with plain vanilla YabbSE.

dtm.exe

Quote from: Aäron on February 04, 2006, 01:38:30 PM
Quote from: dtm.exe on February 04, 2006, 01:37:07 PM
Bloc, what exactly does the image in your avatar depict?  I can't quite make out what it's supposed to be :P.

Eh, Dan, that's exactly the question I asked just before yours. ;D

Didn't even bother to look, Aäron.  ;D :P

1MileCrash

not a question, but i just thought i'd point out that you look alot like matthew perry..
The only thing php can't do is tell you how much milk is left in the fridge.

Amacythe

How do you juggle a 'real' job, a family, sleep, and still have time for SMF?

bloc

Good question, amy... :) It can get tight sometimes, but of course some things need to come first regardless. I also try use the time effectively and don't close myself off to the rest of the family..that means more diversions for me, but it works better for everyone.

Prasad007

what do you like more: coding(like making TP) or graphic development(like making themes) ?
and have you ever done three-dimensional modelling and animation?

bloc

Quote from: Prasad007 on February 05, 2006, 12:51:02 PM
what do you like more: coding(like making TP) or graphic development(like making themes) ?
and have you ever done three-dimensional modelling and animation?

I think like themes more.. ;), but coding, especially when doing new stuff, is also exciting.

No, 3d work I never been into..dabbled some with Terragen, but thats as far as it goes.

Sverre

Quote from: Bloc on February 03, 2006, 09:00:45 AM
Name: Bjoern

Hmm... is that how the hip people in Molde spell it nowadays? :P

(I'm actually 1/4 romsdaling myself by the way)

How do you like living in Molde by the way, and how would you describe the city to someone who has never been there?

Quote from: Bloc on February 04, 2006, 03:38:46 PM
news sites locally

http://www.romsdals-budstikke.no?

37. What do you love?  //It can be anything also. When it miracously starts up again in just the right time... great movies, great meals.

What makes a great movie great to you? Some examples would be cool.

Where do you usually find inspiration for your themes, and does the ideas tend to come spontaneously to you or develop over time?

dtm.exe

Just out of curiosity, do you like do play with blocks?  :P

Acf

Quote from: Amacythe on February 04, 2006, 11:39:01 PM
How do you juggle a 'real' job, a family, sleep, and still have time for SMF?

Speaking about jobs... what do you do for a living?
Sigh...

e03179

Keep up with the good work, Bloc.
HALO2 PC.org [nofollow]
[nofollow]

bloc

Quote from: Sverre on February 05, 2006, 11:18:46 PM
Name: Bjoern

Hmm... is that how the hip people in Molde spell it nowadays? :P

(I'm actually 1/4 romsdaling myself by the way)
:) Just plain necessity..it looks better than Bjørn....actually I am not native Romsdaling. I moved 60 miles from Fredrikstad to Molde when i met my wife.

How do you like living in Molde by the way, and how would you describe the city to someone who has never been there?

Molde is a small city, football and jazz are the main focuspoint here..every year there is a jazz-fesitival where the city get real international for a week, with jazz legends often visiting. Herbie Hancock I have enjoyed a few times in concerts. Have zero interest in football though... :)

Quote from: Bloc on February 04, 2006, 03:38:46 PM
news sites locally

http://www.romsdals-budstikke.no?

yes. :) and of course the bigger norwegian sites..
37. What do you love?  //It can be anything also. When it miracously starts up again in just the right time... great movies, great meals.

What makes a great movie great to you? Some examples would be cool.
A great movie is a film that grabs you, either in story, emotions or pure effects. Almost anything in the SF genre really. Bladerunner is long-time classic, likewise Brazil and Lord of the Rings. Matrix are good. Or films like Seven, Silence of the lamb etc. Shrek 1 and 2 are great. :)
Where do you usually find inspiration for your themes, and does the ideas tend to come spontaneously to you or develop over time?

oh, its a mix..i sometimes just let things go their own way, other times set out with a specific idea. I did a lot of oilpaints before, so i think that "painting" aspect is still very present.

Advertisement: