News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SQL database server error

Started by Chias, February 08, 2006, 09:56:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chias

I just got an email notification from my server telling me that:

There has been a problem with the database!
MySQL reported:

You'll notice that nothing appears as an error according to SQL. I go into the admin center of my forums and choose "find and repair errors" but it doesn't find any. My forums are running very slow...does anyone have a possible cause or solution for this?

Thanks.

kegobeer

It might be server related and not a SMF issue.  Does phpMyAdmin run slow as well?
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf
Posting and you (Click "WATCH THIS MOVIE")

Chias

Actually I think it might have been server related, because it seems to be running almost as fast as usual now. (And PHPMyadmin runs okay, but I didn't check it earlier so I really have no comparison as far as that goes). Thanks for responding though...you're a font of information!

Oldiesmann

The blank error message is a bug in the 1.0.x version of SMF. You've got it set to email you when there's a connection problem, but in most cases this means that MySQL has crashed, and therefore can't give you an error message. As long as the board's working fine now then you shouldn't worry about that email.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Chias

Thank you, it is working fine now.

Advertisement: