News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

PaypalDonations

Started by snork13, February 06, 2006, 11:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snork13

Quote from: numus on June 20, 2011, 01:18:16 PM
Getting this in my error log with 2.0 final
http://forum.sdx-developers.com/index.php?action=reminder8: Undefined index: paypalFile: /mnt/stor3-wc2-dfw1/504406/590247/forum.sdx-developers.com/web/content/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 3917

Just annoying error, just effect anything.

can u either post those lines, i just updated for 2.0. try uninstalling and apply the new version. however nothing has changed, just updated package info for 2.0 final. the index paypalFile is not in my code, did u add features to it? either way i need to see those lines to get a better idea.  here are the edits for subs.php if you want to check they are there.

<file name="$sourcedir/Subs.php">
<operation>
<search position="before"><![CDATA[elseif ($context['current_action'] == 'search2')
$current_action = 'search';]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[elseif ($context['current_action'] == 'paypal')
$current_action = 'paypal';]]></add>
</operation>

<operation>
<search position="before"><![CDATA[context['allow_search'] = allowedTo('search_posts');]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[$context['allow_paypal'] = allowedTo('payPal_view');]]></add>
</operation>

<operation>
<search position="before"><![CDATA['search' => array(
'title' => $txt['search'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=search',
'show' => $context['allow_search'],
'sub_buttons' => array(
),
),]]></search>
<add><![CDATA['paypal' => array(
'title' => $txt['paypal'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=paypal',
'show' => $context['allow_paypal'],
'sub_buttons' => array(
),
),]]></add>
</operation>

</file>
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

Kindred

ummm....   looks like the paypal.template.php displays the linktree a second time (in 2.0, at least, I believe that is handled by the main template). Removing the first table in the paypal template file removes the duplicated linktree.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

halfflight

G'day,

I am new to SMF and forums in general.

I have just downloaded and installed your mod with no errors. It generates the tab but I cannot find anywhere under "features and options" the added tab "Donations", or the two text areas for entering the Paypal info, along with a checkbox to enable the donation page.

Using 2.0

Please help

Smithy

snork13

configurations->modifications settings->donations

hope this helps
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

halfflight

Thanks for that I couldn't see the forest for the trees. I feel such an idiot!!

Smithy

kattara

I've just added this mod to my site, but the tab is not showing up for the users.  It shows up for me, though.  What did I not do?

DarkAngel612

what version of smf are you using?
link would be helpful

these will get better answers vs guessing on the helpers/creators end

also did you turn it on in admin
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

kattara

Yeah, I checkmarked enable donations.  Is there somewhere else I need to edit?  Link:  http://forum.smartphonegeeks.in

Thanks!

DarkAngel612

I can't remember if you have to go to the default index.template.php file and manually insert the nav link there. make sure all files got uploaded too
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

kattara

Yup, the install worked without a problem.  I don't understand why I can see the donations link, but noone else can.  :S

DarkAngel612

Quote from: kattara on July 19, 2011, 06:15:44 PM
Yup, the install worked without a problem.  I don't understand why I can see the donations link, but noone else can.  :S

ok, I just tried it in my 2.0 test forum--- 2.0 gold not any rc version. I installed the mod by snork, not sure if that is the one you installed since there are several.

it installed without a hitch and  I can see it as admin and also in the test user account set to regular member...using google chrome and firefox 5

***edit***

another thought...when you installed it did you remember to check the box at the bottom to install in other templates---if you have other templates for members?

kattara

Quote from: DarkAngel612 on July 19, 2011, 07:02:16 PM
Quote from: kattara on July 19, 2011, 06:15:44 PM

ok, I just tried it in my 2.0 test forum--- 2.0 gold not any rc version. I installed the mod by snork, not sure if that is the one you installed since there are several.

it installed without a hitch and  I can see it as admin and also in the test user account set to regular member...using google chrome and firefox 5

***edit***

another thought...when you installed it did you remember to check the box at the bottom to install in other templates---if you have other templates for members?

I'm running 2.0, no rc.  I installed the mod by snork as well.  And yes, I checked the box on the bottom.  I tried uninstalling, deleting the files and reinstalling, but the same thing.  I can see the donations link when I'm admin, but now when I'm a regular member.  :S

DarkAngel612

lol ok, this i just found out with a couple of themes...my admin link vamoosed sooo, if you are using a different theme it may be the theme.

try uninstalling it totally, removing the files from the server and the pkg out of packages folder. then using the default theme to install the package again.

Doug Varrieur

Hi, I'm using 1.1.16 and tried your mod, here's the message I get- "The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF."  any suggestions?

DarkAngel612

Quote from: Doug Varrieur on January 11, 2012, 09:54:13 AM
Hi, I'm using 1.1.16 and tried your mod, here's the message I get- "The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF."  any suggestions?

open the zip then with a text editor change this in the package-info.xml:

find this: should be the first one listed

<install for="1.1.14">
        <modification>modification_1_1_x.xml</modification>
        <require-file name="Themes/Paypal.template.php" destination="$themedir" />
        <require-file name="Sources/Paypal.php" destination="$sourcedir" />
        <code>add_settings_1_1_x.php</code>
    </install>

change to:

<install for="1.1.14, 1.1.15, 1.1.16">
        <modification>modification_1_1_x.xml</modification>
        <require-file name="Themes/Paypal.template.php" destination="$themedir" />
        <require-file name="Sources/Paypal.php" destination="$sourcedir" />
        <code>add_settings_1_1_x.php</code>
    </install>

Rezip it, delete the one on your server then try installing it again

Doug Varrieur

Thanks for the advice, tried what you suggested and received-

"Error in Package Installation, At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF."

There's gotta be an easy way to put a paypal donation button on our forums  :-\  In the footer maybe? 

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DarkAngel612

Quote from: Doug Varrieur on January 12, 2012, 09:30:13 AM
Thanks for the advice, tried what you suggested and received-

"Error in Package Installation, At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF."

There's gotta be an easy way to put a paypal donation button on our forums  :-\  In the footer maybe?

did it happen to show you the errors when the installation page showed up? what I told you to do was what I had to do in order to reinstall after the 1.1.6 updater...that updater messed up everything on the sites that allowed me to do the update from the admin section. the others I had to upload fiels manually after uninstalling all mods to reinstall to the fresh files.

babalola olasehinde

i am using this mod with sfm 2.0  and it install well but the problem i am having is that ones a member login to my site the donation tab will become invisible to him but admin can view and access the donation tab. also guess can access and also view the donation tab. pls what am i doing wrong? thx

DarkAngel612

Quote from: babalola olasehinde on February 11, 2012, 05:43:30 AM
i am using this mod with sfm 2.0  and it install well but the problem i am having is that ones a member login to my site the donation tab will become invisible to him but admin can view and access the donation tab. also guess can access and also view the donation tab. pls what am i doing wrong? thx

after you installed it did you go to member permissions and set it so the members in each group can see the donwloads page?

did you get any errors when installing it?

Advertisement: