News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

PaypalDonations

Started by snork13, February 06, 2006, 11:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snork13

Quote from: gemsdb on February 18, 2007, 01:55:58 AM
I have Added this to My forum http://gemsdb.com/forum/index.php

I use bluBlur Skin, hbSkins .. I think that does not allow to show the Donation button ... How do i get it to work ??

The set up was fine, Even added the paypal code and made the permisson to see the donate button.

Where do I have to add the code on my  index.template.php , If you can send me the code I can Add it.

please help

Ahmed Shareek

this doc should explain it:

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=402

-Snork13
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

Rocketta

I keep getting these errors...

1.     Execute Modification     ./index.php     Test successful
2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test failed
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ModSettings.php    Test failed
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.english.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php    Test successful
8.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/Paypal.template.php    
9.    Extract File    ./Sources/Paypal.php    
10.    Execute Code    add_settings.php

snork13

Quote from: Rocketta on February 20, 2007, 07:59:40 PM
I keep getting these errors...

1.     Execute Modification     ./index.php     Test successful
2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test failed
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ModSettings.php    Test failed
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.english.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php    Test successful
8.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/Paypal.template.php    
9.    Extract File    ./Sources/Paypal.php    
10.    Execute Code    add_settings.php

do you have mods installed, if so you will need to edit the file manually.

Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

Rocketta

Quote from: snork13 on February 21, 2007, 08:53:04 AM

do you have mods installed, if so you will need to edit the file manually.

yes I have mods installed but I don't know enough to take that generic example of how to manually install a mod and apply it to the Paypal mod???

I don't know what code to install, when it says Operation tag are they talking about in the paypal xml file or the default theme??

TheDarkie

I am also having problems on getting this mod to work under a non-standard template, i even tried the ad management mod, alas, to no avail.

devnet

It's a bit tricky all...you have to read the XML installation file and do what it says step-by-step to manually install this.

One thing I also did is install it...then went into my default template and compared it to the one I wanted customized...then I copied and pasted the stuff that was altered into the closest place I could find on the non-standard template.

It's hit and miss I'm afraid.

shapeshifter

Okay, thanks to pheasant_plucker for making this simple!  ;D

Maybe this code instead, though, for the actual menu in index.template.php:

// the [paypal] !
echo ($current_action=='paypal' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="menubg' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
<td align="center" class="menubg' , $current_action == 'paypal' ? '2' : '' , '">
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=paypal">Donate</a>
</td>' , $current_action == 'paypal' ? '<td class="menubg' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : ''

shapeshifter

Quote from: Paracelsus on February 16, 2007, 05:03:39 AM
Hi,

I just wondered about the donation thing... does anybody have experience with Chipin fundraising widget?

I think it would be a better way to do donations, since it´s much more detailed than a simple PayPal button.
The link: http://www.chipin.com
The widget that show up in your website:

Looked interesting, but I don't like the thought of giving a third party so much personal info.

hitman

I tried to add this to my site but it did not work.  I have a custom theme, so I added everything manually and followed the directions.  The link tab came up in the amdin profile, but when you clicked on it, it did nothing.  So, the link was there, but it did not take you to the configuration page.

78tahitman

I tried to add this to my site but it did not work.  I have a custom theme, so I added everything manually and followed the directions.  The link tab came up in the amdin profile, but when you clicked on it, it did nothing.  So, the link was there, but it did not take you to the configuration page.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
www.89ta.com
www.taspecialties.com
www.ohiofirebirds.com
www.tanationals.com
1978 Trans Am, 1989 Trans Am, 1998 Trans Am

snork13

Double check you made all the code changes, and that you ran the changes to the database?

-Snork13
Mods

Bigguy

Would you have an idea on how I could fix this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: modifypaypalsettings() in /home/*****/public_html/smfhelper/Sources/ModSettings.php on line 190

snork13

Quote from: Bigguy on March 17, 2007, 12:49:59 PM
Would you have an idea on how I could fix this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: modifypaypalsettings() in /home/*****/public_html/smfhelper/Sources/ModSettings.php on line 190

yes, your missing the function in the modsetting source file
Mods

Bigguy

I have checked the modsettings.php file and all the edits are there.

tigergal

I installed this and everything went fine but the donate tab isn't showing up?

tigergal

I just wanted to reply to anybody who had the stupid problem that I did in not being able to find the donation options tab...it's under features and options>donations.

I'm all set. Thanks great mod!

ovno

Quote from: tigergal on March 22, 2007, 08:28:27 AM
I just wanted to reply to anybody who had the stupid problem that I did in not being able to find the donation options tab...it's under features and options>donations.

I'm all set. Thanks great mod!
Well, mine installed fine just like yours, and the tab does not exist. I checked features and options, and there is no tab. Anyone know a fix?

GPGrieco

I tried to install this package and I got this error:

3. Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php

I went to the package phraser and it said to find

'karma' => array(
'title' => $txt['smf293'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=featuresettings;sa=karma;sesc=' . $context['session_id'],
'is_last' => true,
),

and

$context['post_url'] = $scripturl . '?action=featuresettings2;save;sa=karma';
$context['settings_title'] = $txt['smf293'];

prepareDBSettingContext($config_vars);
}

They are just not there. I was able to find the other ones. another mod modified them so it was not able to find them. these, on the other hand are just not there.

I attached the file if you want to look at it.

Thanks I appricate it.

GPGrieco

I was able to find them. So the mod is installed, but when I activate it and fill out the reason for donation and the html code for the button, it does not show up. Why is this?

snork13

Quote from: GPGrieco on April 05, 2007, 03:08:43 PM
I was able to find them. So the mod is installed, but when I activate it and fill out the reason for donation and the html code for the button, it does not show up. Why is this?
check both instances in the modSettings, also check the database as the rows added?
Mods

Advertisement: