News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

PaypalDonations

Started by snork13, February 06, 2006, 11:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benan

I reset theme to default, still no textboxes or donation related stuff.

Sirius

i don't know why there is 17 pages for this thing  , it is SO easy to do..

on the paypal site, you can get a script ( button generator) then you copy this script in the news box and you will have a paypal button on top.

same thing can be done with your signature, get an e-mail script from paypal , then write this script down in your signature, note that when you write such a long line in your signature it will look messy, so you have to edit the line to read only Donation: click HERE 

it will look something like this ( i had to edit this line to show you, because if i post it as it should be it will show my donation line ) :

[url  =https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=x%2ecom&item_name=Sirius%20Forum&item_number=xx
no_shipping=0&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD2dDonationsBF&charset=UTF%2d8]Donations  click HERE  [/url]

note the DONATION click here at the end of the URL , with the ] so they will only see : donation click here.  So you only write ]Donations  click HERE before the last [/url]  no empty spaces like I've done up here, before and after URL
as to the paypal button, it will install itself in the newsbox, nothing special to do. no mods required.

Sirius

you get all these scripts in the merchant tools of the paypal website

the problem with the button script in the newsbox is to make it appear at the right place, most of the time it will be ok, if it is not at the right place,
i'll let someone else explain how to fix it !

snork13

Quote from: Benan on April 10, 2007, 08:31:59 AM
I reset theme to default, still no textboxes or donation related stuff.

If you had success installing via the package manager, did you enable the mod in the admin section. You won't see anything until you do.

Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

Benan

^ That doesnt look like your screenshots.

And i tried filling text boxes dont notice anything different in forum index.

Cool999

Hi everyone, i need paypal donation Mod for smf 1.1.2

Thanks

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Cool999

ya, i know about that, but doesnt work with Smf 1.1.2

Its shows error.

calm_smile

Hmm. The mod page says it was tested on a fresh install of 1.1.2 and worked. Maybe it's not compatible with your theme or one of your other mods? Or maybe it's not linking properly to your PayPal account?

What error are you getting?

Cool999

i am using the default theme.

When i click on Apply Mod, i get this error-

Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.
Install Actions
Installations actions for "PaypalDonations":
Installing this package will perform the following actions:
   Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test successful
2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ModSettings.php    Test failed
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.english.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php    Test successful
8.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/Paypal.template.php    
9.    Extract File    ./Sources/Paypal.php    
10.    Execute Code    add_settings.php

Please tell should i continue by clicking on Install Now or not.

Kindred

Cool...

I asked this also in your other thread.

PLEASE ask mod specific questions in the mod specific thread! That's what it is there for. Do not start new threads for every single question you have, try using search and put your questions in the correct location.

(I have moved/merged the entire cool999 thread into the correct support thread for this mod)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

illstabu

im getting the same error message cool999 is getting.. i hope this is the right place to put it.. sorry if its not.. here is a link to a screenshot of the error message

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y84/illstabu/Untitled_1.png [nofollow]

how do i fix it..thanks

Kindred

well, I would say, you should look in the mod to see what it is trying to do to ModSettings.php.

Possibly a previous mod that you installed has already changed the code it is looking for...
Слaва
Украинi

- danny

I'm using SMF 1.1.2 with TP v0.9.8 and just changed to the Dilber theme.

The mod was working fine on the Default theme.

Can you advise on how to correct this?

Kindred

you will have to manually apply the mod to any template files in the Dilber theme...
Слaва
Украинi

- danny

Quote from: Kindred on April 20, 2007, 08:23:44 AM
you will have to manually apply the mod to any template files in the Dilber theme...

Do you have a walk-through on this?

del_piero_3

I've got this working, well almost. Getting the following error in the forum error log each time the donation link is clicked.

8: Undefined variable: first
File: /mnt/w0000/d19/s25/b028cdfb/www/********/Themes/default/Paypal.template.php (eval?)
Line: 646

I am using dilbermc theme and trying to edit the code to fit the donation link in with the theme. Anyway I think the code below is causing the problem but I am not good with php, so could do with your help please.

// Paypal Mod
if (($modSettings['payPalEnable']) && (allowedTo('payPal_view')))
echo ($current_action == 'paypal' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="menubg' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
<td align="center" class="menubg' , $current_action == 'paypal' ? '2' : '' , '">
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=paypal">' , $txt['payPal'] , '</a>
</td>';

A_Lua

I instal pay pal mod, i have to make some parts manual because i have others thinks instald

now wen i try to configure pay pal via Admin he give me this erro

Fatal error: Call to undefined function ModifypayPalSettings() in /www/sites/1/M/I/microluso.com/site/Forum/Sources/ModSettings.php on line 185

In modesettings.php in that line i have

// Call the right function for this sub-acton.
$subActions[$_REQUEST['sa']]();

Any help?

ty

kiss

snork13

Quote from: A_Lua on April 21, 2007, 05:09:33 AM
I instal pay pal mod, i have to make some parts manual because i have others thinks instald

now wen i try to configure pay pal via Admin he give me this erro

Fatal error: Call to undefined function ModifypayPalSettings() in /www/sites/1/M/I/microluso.com/site/Forum/Sources/ModSettings.php on line 185

In modesettings.php in that line i have

// Call the right function for this sub-acton.
$subActions[$_REQUEST['sa']]();

Any help?

ty

kiss

your missing the function ModifypayPalSettings() in ModSetting
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

Aiman

i hav installed the mod but its not showing any links on my forum. i have pasted the link from the paypal but it doesnt work, sum 1 plz help.

Advertisement: