News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

PaypalDonations

Started by snork13, February 06, 2006, 11:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calicojackal

Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

Installing this package will perform the following actions:
   Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Modification    modification.xml    Modification parse error
2.    Execute Modification    -    Modification parse error
3.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/Paypal.template.php    
4.    Extract File    ./Sources/Paypal.php    
5.    Execute Code    add_settings.php

This is what I get when I try to install this mod on a clean install of smf 1.1.2

snork13

Quote from: Aiman on May 07, 2007, 12:56:52 AM
i hav installed the mod but its not showing any links on my forum. i have pasted the link from the paypal but it doesnt work, sum 1 plz help.
are you using the default theme?
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

Aiman

Quote from: snork13 on May 07, 2007, 10:45:01 PM
Quote from: Aiman on May 07, 2007, 12:56:52 AM
i hav installed the mod but its not showing any links on my forum. i have pasted the link from the paypal but it doesnt work, sum 1 plz help.

yes

nightshack

I get:  Im using SMF 1.1.2 (Newest Version

1.     Execute Modification     ./index.php     Test successful
2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ModSettings.php    Test failed
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.english.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php    Test successful
8.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/Paypal.template.php    
9.    Extract File    ./Sources/Paypal.php    
10.    Execute Code    add_settings.php

ModSettings.php  Test failed

How can I fix it..im using Default Theme

IVY420

Quote from: snork13 on February 06, 2006, 11:36:58 PM
Link to Mod

This mod will add a "Donate" link in the top menu, which will take you to your static Paypal Donation page.
On the admin side, under "current theme" you have two textareas for entering the Paypal info.

Ive been having some issues trying to get this mod to work at all.  Maybe someone could help or point me in the right direction.  I installed the zip through the package manager in smf and everything went fine.  It shows it as being installed as well.  However, I got no donations button, nothing in the admin side under current theme or in the permissions area. 

I read through this entire thread and followed directions to get the button working by editing a template file(btw im using the default template on smf 1.1.2) and then i also took the premade paypal form script and added it where it says to in the comments on Paypal.template.php

Im not sure what else to do...Im new at this so be gentle ;)
www.clanofsin.com/forums is my site so far.

Ruthiness

Ok I have read through most of this forum and here is where I am stuck. I am NOT using the default template. If I switch to the Core/Default I can see the Donations button. I cannot figure out how to get it to show in my non-default template. I have tried to add the files and code manually without luck. I have the ability to configure it in Features and Options - I am ONLY missing the Donations button on the menu!  Maddening!

snork13

Quote from: Ruthiness on May 18, 2007, 05:09:15 PM
Ok I have read through most of this forum and here is where I am stuck. I am NOT using the default template. If I switch to the Core/Default I can see the Donations button. I cannot figure out how to get it to show in my non-default template. I have tried to add the files and code manually without luck. I have the ability to configure it in Features and Options - I am ONLY missing the Donations button on the menu!  Maddening!

you'll need to make the modificaton maually to your custom theme
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

thunderhost

Has anyone added the PaypalDonations mod to the Babylon Template.  I would love to know how.

bigbob66

Quote from: snork13 on February 06, 2006, 11:36:58 PM
Link to Mod

A Paypal Merchant account is required, for more information visit: hxxp:www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/xcl/rec/donate-intro-outside [nonactive]
Paypal generates the html form code you will need for one of the textareas, the other textarea is for maybe a reason why the members should donate, or get fancy like the examples on the Paypal site.

This mod will add a "Donate" link in the top menu, which will take you to your static Paypal Donation page.
On the admin side, under "current theme" you have two textareas for entering the Paypal info.

Special thanks to Bloc for the textarea code ;)

Tested on 1.1RC2 fresh install.

Version 1.2 - added permissions setting and an error in the language

I am using SMF 1.1.2 and the default theme, I have a very hard time making the paypal mod work on my site.I am getting the following message while installing hxxp:it.it [nonactive] seems to be fine.The problem is that I don't find the donations tab in the top menu and On the admin side I don't have "Donations" under "features and options".

1. Execute Modification ./index.php Test successful
2. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php Test successful
3. Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php Test successful
4. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test successful
5. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Test successful
6. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.english.php Test successful
7. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php Test successful
8. Extract File ./Themes/default/Paypal.template.php 
9. Extract File ./Sources/Paypal.php 
10. Execute Code add_settings.php

Plz Plz help me I am not very good at hxxp:smf.help [nonactive] appreciated a lot.

hetrp

!!
Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

Any Idea how to fix this? I'm using Babylon Template.

ShadowStriker

I installed without any errors, but the button doesnt show up, and thepaypal administration doesnt show up, but if I go into it via link it will just be boxes without text

ShadowStriker

I have these mods installed:

SMFShop
Reg Bar
YouTube BBC Tag (XHTML Compliant)
SMF Poll Mod
Profile Comments

snork13

Quote from: ShadowStriker on June 14, 2007, 11:48:51 AM
I have these mods installed:

SMFShop
Reg Bar
YouTube BBC Tag (XHTML Compliant)
SMF Poll Mod
Profile Comments

Mods

snork13

Quote from: ShadowStriker on June 15, 2007, 07:55:41 AM
yes

if you can check the files, see if all the modification are there. You should get 2 boxes, you can enter the text and save it.
Mods

bklynjay

Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php   ?? anyone

snork13

Quote from: bklynjay on June 16, 2007, 12:40:24 AM
Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php   ?? anyone

i would guess you have other mods installed, you may need to install manually
Mods

woobang

Quote from: snork13 on May 21, 2007, 12:46:44 PM

I'm having this same problem .... How do you "make the modificaton maually to your custom theme" ???

Thanks Snork13

snork13

Quote from: woobang on June 16, 2007, 11:39:56 PM

Quote from: snork13 on May 21, 2007, 12:46:44 PM

I'm having this same problem .... How do you "make the modificaton maually to your custom theme" ???

Thanks Snork13

this should help
http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=402
Mods

GUN Kindbud

Hi, I have installed this on a fresh SMF 1.1.2 and I have the donations button on the admin panel but when i click it i get a blank page.

The package manager doesnt work correctly on my server but I did a manual install and followed the xml file word for word, extracted all files to their directories and run add_settings.php. Am I doing something wrong here?

thanks

Advertisement: