News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

PaypalDonations

Started by snork13, February 06, 2006, 11:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tracie

I knew I had to have done something dorky ~doh~...THANK YOU...I will alter the files and check the lang. files for the button and get back to you...many many thanks. :D

tracie

Ok I put the code in as shown...and it works a dream :D

regarding the language files for the button on the index I have this in there:-

$txt['payPal'] = 'Donations';
$txt['cannot_payPal_view'] = 'Sorry, you\'re not allowed to view the Donation Page.';
$txt['permissionname_payPal_view'] = 'View Donation Page';
$txt['permissionhelp_payPal_view'] = 'Allow the people to view the Donation Page.  If not set, the people will not see the page.';
?>

the code you have for that button reads

// Paypal Mod
   if (($modSettings['payPalEnable']) && (allowedTo('payPal_view')))
      echo ($current_action == 'paypal' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
            <td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'paypal' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
               <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=paypal">' , $txt['payPal'] , '</a>
            </td>' , $current_action == 'paypal' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

snork13

Quote from: tracie on July 19, 2007, 11:09:13 AM
Ok I put the code in as shown...and it works a dream :D

regarding the language files for the button on the index I have this in there:-

$txt['payPal'] = 'Donations';
$txt['cannot_payPal_view'] = 'Sorry, you\'re not allowed to view the Donation Page.';
$txt['permissionname_payPal_view'] = 'View Donation Page';
$txt['permissionhelp_payPal_view'] = 'Allow the people to view the Donation Page.  If not set, the people will not see the page.';
?>

the code you have for that button reads

// Paypal Mod
   if (($modSettings['payPalEnable']) && (allowedTo('payPal_view')))
      echo ($current_action == 'paypal' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
            <td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'paypal' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
               <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=paypal">' , $txt['payPal'] , '</a>
            </td>' , $current_action == 'paypal' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

looks good, make sure you enable the mod in the admin section or you won't see the button :)
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

tracie

Quotemake sure you enable the mod in the admin section or you won't see the button

~I knew that really~ ;D

JoshieDaMan

3.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/ModSettings.php     Test failed

That's only failed. I am using 1.1.3.

snork13

Quote from: JoshieTheGreat on July 31, 2007, 03:02:39 AM
3.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/ModSettings.php     Test failed

That's only failed. I am using 1.1.3.

Ok you can apply the mod and then make the changes to that file manually. I suspect you have another mod install that is conflicting with mine.

-snork13
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

cspeech19

I installed the mod and everything was sucessful  - I can see at the very top of my forums where it says edit donations but I cant see the donation button and I can see the two boxes to put the text and code in, but I cant see any button to edit in the admin panel on features and options. here is my forums
http://upload.themovementonlinesite.com/tmo/index.php [nofollow]

clocktower

how do u install this mod :(

Murdoc_LaCN

Hey guys :P

ok now i have installed the mod and everything but i cant seem to find the 2 blank windows that you can pyut in the buttons code and your text ???

can anyone maybe help me with this ???

Powered by SMF 1.1.3

that is what update im running :D

snork13

Quote from: Murdoc_LaCN on August 07, 2007, 12:39:21 PM
Hey guys :P

ok now i have installed the mod and everything but i cant seem to find the 2 blank windows that you can pyut in the buttons code and your text ???

can anyone maybe help me with this ???

Powered by SMF 1.1.3

that is what update im running :D

If you had no errors and are using the default theme you should see the text boxes under admin->current theme

-snork13
Mods

Murdoc_LaCN

and will this then apply to all my other themes ???

Murdoc_LaCN

thanks it worked

thank you a lot for the mod :D

LostProphecy

i've installed this mod and it's working great and i'm actually recieving donations, turns out my members really love my site...

anyway i was wondering if there is anyway of showing to the members in that donations page how much has actually been donated... like in a little thermometer image (like the ones charities use) where you can go into admin, set your money target and what you have already accumulated...

just thought it would be a great little extra to the mod
Angelus Ex Quo Nox

snork13

Quote from: LostProphecy on August 07, 2007, 08:56:29 PM
i've installed this mod and it's working great and i'm actually recieving donations, turns out my members really love my site...

anyway i was wondering if there is anyway of showing to the members in that donations page how much has actually been donated... like in a little thermometer image (like the ones charities use) where you can go into admin, set your money target and what you have already accumulated...

just thought it would be a great little extra to the mod

that would require alot of change, things such as the paypal interaction using the ipn notification. It is something I would like to do. I just ordered a new computer yesterday, i'm in the process of moving hosts and once i get that all figured out I'll look into it. thanks for the suggestion.
Mods

LostProphecy

i didn't exactly mean direct intergration with paypal, i just meant someone like a entry field in admin where you can manually put in for example $50 as a target and you keep a track of people's donations and when you recieve any you go into admin again into another entry field and put in say $10 donations and from those two values that you have entered it would make an image on the donations page.

Or i could just create an image myself and update it everytime i get a donation ;)

but paypal integration would be wicked
Angelus Ex Quo Nox

snork13

Quote from: LostProphecy on August 09, 2007, 07:42:28 PM
i didn't exactly mean direct intergration with paypal, i just meant someone like a entry field in admin where you can manually put in for example $50 as a target and you keep a track of people's donations and when you recieve any you go into admin again into another entry field and put in say $10 donations and from those two values that you have entered it would make an image on the donations page.

Or i could just create an image myself and update it everytime i get a donation ;)

but paypal integration would be wicked

it would be very easy to set an admin edit only in a users profile where you as the admin could enter the $$ amount. this way you could keep track of it. i will be working on this and other feature very soon. my new computer ships out the 17th.

-snork13
Mods

LostProphecy

thanks alot :)

brilliant mod by the way ;) in only a week i've got enough revenue to pay a whole years worth of webhosting
Angelus Ex Quo Nox

TheOtherHalf

I recieve this error on a brand new install of smf, anyone happen to have a idea.
1.     Execute Modification     modification.xml     Modification parse error
2.    Execute Modification    -    Modification parse error

askepott

i live in the philippines, and paypal doesnt allow us to received funds, is there any donation mod that uses cc? :P

bwilson27

I'm getting these errors on my 1.1.3 forum, no custom theme is being used.

2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test failed
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ModSettings.php    Test failed
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed

Anyone familiar with this issue?

Advertisement: