News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

PaypalDonations

Started by snork13, February 06, 2006, 11:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmcmom

I have looked and looked and read the link you keep providing but can NOT for the life of me find the Main Index Tab code.  I have the one in Admin.  Everything seems to be fine in my custom theme.  I just am missing the ^&^& tab.

Please can you just tell me where the TAB code goes?

snork13

Quote from: cmcmom on August 21, 2007, 09:37:08 PM
I have looked and looked and read the link you keep providing but can NOT for the life of me find the Main Index Tab code.  I have the one in Admin.  Everything seems to be fine in my custom theme.  I just am missing the ^&^& tab.

Please can you just tell me where the TAB code goes?

make sure you have enabled the mod, or you won't see the donation link in the index.template.php file
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

cmcmom

By enable do you mean go into the Features and Options to Donations and click Enable the Donation?  I did that.  I even unchecked and saved and rechecked and saved.

snork13

Quote from: cmcmom on August 21, 2007, 11:00:28 PM
By enable do you mean go into the Features and Options to Donations and click Enable the Donation?  I did that.  I even unchecked and saved and rechecked and saved.

ok, check your index.template.php file. That is where the code would be for the button.
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

cmcmom

*sigh* yeah I knew the document.....I was trying to figure out the code.....oh well.....I guess I can get someone more fluent in coding than I to look at it.  I was just trying to be able to take care of it myself.

Thanks though.

snork13

Quote from: cmcmom on August 22, 2007, 02:28:20 PM
*sigh* yeah I knew the document.....I was trying to figure out the code.....oh well.....I guess I can get someone more fluent in coding than I to look at it.  I was just trying to be able to take care of it myself.

Thanks though.

if you unzip the mod, you'll find a modification xml file. it will tell you what code to look for and what needs to be replaced or added. If you still have problem, send me the file(index.template.php). I'll take a look for ya.

-snork13
Mods

cmcmom

Thanks snork.  I got my husband to fix it for me!   It's a great MOD!

hjason7812

what i would like to know is how do you upload this to your forums?
any help would be greatfull thanks

snork13

Quote from: hjason7812 on August 23, 2007, 11:21:17 AM

download the package(zip file) and upload it to your packages folder within your forum directory. login as admin->packages. then you can apply the mod.

-snork13
Mods

hjason7812

Quote from: snork13 on August 23, 2007, 11:25:52 AM

download the package(zip file) and upload it to your packages folder within your gallery. login as admin->packages. then you can apply the mod.

-snork13

thanks for your reply but i do not have a package section.
i am running the new smf forum version 1.1.3 these are the only section i have in my gallery section Settings | Manage Categories | Approve Images | Reported Images | Approve Comments | File Space Manager | Category Permission List

snork13

Quote from: hjason7812 on August 23, 2007, 11:45:37 AM
Quote from: snork13 on August 23, 2007, 11:25:52 AM

your right, my error. I meant forum directory. upload via ftp

-snork13

download the package(zip file) and upload it to your packages folder within your gallery. login as admin->packages. then you can apply the mod.

-snork13

thanks for your reply but i do not have a package section.
i am running the new smf forum version 1.1.3 these are the only section i have in my gallery section Settings | Manage Categories | Approve Images | Reported Images | Approve Comments | File Space Manager | Category Permission List
Mods

simplyliza6

Ive tried to download it, but ive got this error

Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php Test failed

how can i fix this?

FreeGeezer

I am trying to download the PayPal Donations mod using the Package Manager. I have SMF ver. 1.1.2, using the default theme. The only mod I have installed is the Custom Profile Field Mod  ver. 3.16.

When I try to download, I get the following message:
An Error Has Occurred!
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem may be?

Thank you,
Roy Maul
http://odbhosting.net/forums/

dcneuts

I'm attempting to use the PayPal mod with the Bright Forest theme.  I have installed and applied the mod, and I have made the modifications to .Sources/ManagePermission.php and .Sources/ModSettings.php, both of which failed the test during install.  Everything else passed.  I even went in (all of which, following the mods in the modifications file) made the changes to the index.template.php file in my Themes folder for the custom theme.  Nothing is working at all and I'm at a loss.

If someone could take a look at the files for me, or suggest something, that would be wonderful.  Everytime I attempt to login to my Admin area and attempt to use properties and features link, I get:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting ')' in /home/public_html/Sources/ModSettings.php on line 393

I'm very new to this, so any help is appreciated.
Derek Neuts

snork13

Quote from: dcneuts on September 06, 2007, 08:29:48 PM
I'm attempting to use the PayPal mod with the Bright Forest theme.  I have installed and applied the mod, and I have made the modifications to .Sources/ManagePermission.php and .Sources/ModSettings.php, both of which failed the test during install.  Everything else passed.  I even went in (all of which, following the mods in the modifications file) made the changes to the index.template.php file in my Themes folder for the custom theme.  Nothing is working at all and I'm at a loss.

If someone could take a look at the files for me, or suggest something, that would be wonderful.  Everytime I attempt to login to my Admin area and attempt to use properties and features link, I get:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting ')' in /home/public_html/Sources/ModSettings.php on line 393

I'm very new to this, so any help is appreciated.

I fixed the ModSetting file for you.

you must have the mod enable or you won't see the donation link. Since I fixed the modsetting, you should now be able to enable the mod.
Mods

dcneuts

Thanks for examining and fixing that file, greatly appreciated!
Derek Neuts

simplyliza6

Ive got an error in modsetting
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare modifypaypalsettings() (previously declared in /home/shoujosh/public_html/forum/Sources/ModSettings.php:357) in /home/shoujosh/public_html/forum/Sources/ModSettings.php on line 382

And then I copied the onees tha snork fixed. And now I got this error.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting ')' in /home/shoujosh/public_html/forum/Sources/ModSettings.php on line 394

EDIT//Ive uninstall it and still I got an error.

Can you fix the modsetting for me please.

Thanks,
Liza

snork13

Quote from: simplyliza6 on September 07, 2007, 04:50:24 PM
Ive got an error in modsetting
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare modifypaypalsettings() (previously declared in /home/shoujosh/public_html/forum/Sources/ModSettings.php:357) in /home/shoujosh/public_html/forum/Sources/ModSettings.php on line 382

And then I copied the onees tha snork fixed. And now I got this error.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting ')' in /home/shoujosh/public_html/forum/Sources/ModSettings.php on line 394

EDIT//Ive uninstall it and still I got an error.

Can you fix the modsetting for me please.

Thanks,
Liza

can you post your actual ModSettings file, get it via ftp and attach it to this thread and I'll take a look.
Mods

FreeGeezer

Quote from: FreeGeezer on September 03, 2007, 07:31:34 PM
I am trying to download the PayPal Donations mod using the Package Manager. I have SMF ver. 1.1.2, using the default theme. The only mod I have installed is the Custom Profile Field Mod  ver. 3.16.

When I try to download, I get the following message:
An Error Has Occurred!
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem may be?

Please, is there anyone with any answers to this?

Thank you,
Roy Maul
Our Daily Bread Forums

sillymilly

think this mod would be very useful for the charity website I run (www.hopegroups.co.uk/smf/), but can't get it to work!

I uploaded it and installed it through the package manager, added the stuff and enabled it through the donation tab in 'features and options', but don't get anythign else where.

I am trying to do the manual install to make sure everything had been done proberly- everything went ok until i got to the index.template.php file - the only [calendar] text is in this bit:

// The [calendar]!
if ($context['allow_calendar'])
echo '
<li', $current_action == 'calendar' ? ' id="actief"' : '', '><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=calendar">', $txt['calendar24'], '</a></li>';

Which is different from what the file says (i'm using 'astronomy' theme) - is this still the place to put the code?

If it is - do I need to change the format of the paypal code I add in?

Just come across another slight prob -

in the themes/astronomy/languse file i only have Settings.english.php, so where do i put the bits of code i'm supposed to put into Modifications.english.php, ModSettings.english.php and Who.english.php??

Did think about making new files with these names, but the 'karma' code from ModSettings.english.php must be somewhere, I just don't know where!!

Advertisement: