News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

PaypalDonations

Started by snork13, February 06, 2006, 11:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sillymilly

urgh - having done half of it I now get:

Template Parse Error!
There was a problem loading the /Themes/astronomy/index.template.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

You may want to try to refresh this page or use the default theme.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

syntax error, unexpected '<'

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  :D :D &gt;:( :D

Dragooon

What did you modified/added?

sillymilly

I went through all the modifications in the modifications.xml files with the paypal mod, everything was already where it should have been until I got to the modification.english.php file - none of the  *.english.php are in the theme/language file for my theme (astronomy) - so are they else where - if so where?
or do I need to make these files in the astronomy/languages folder, if so, what do they need to contain?

from my previous post:

Quotein the themes/astronomy/languse file i only have Settings.english.php, so where do i put the bits of code i'm supposed to put into Modifications.english.php, ModSettings.english.php and Who.english.php??

Did think about making new files with these names, but the 'karma' code from ModSettings.english.php must be somewhere, I just don't know where!!

Please also check previous post re: code after [calendar] in index.template.php - this is whats causong the problems cos i've commented it out and now board works, but still need correct code for mod to work!

simplyliza6

Quote from: snork13 on September 07, 2007, 05:39:01 PM
Quote from: simplyliza6 on September 07, 2007, 04:50:24 PM
Ive got an error in modsetting
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare modifypaypalsettings() (previously declared in /home/shoujosh/public_html/forum/Sources/ModSettings.php:357) in /home/shoujosh/public_html/forum/Sources/ModSettings.php on line 382

And then I copied the onees tha snork fixed. And now I got this error.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting ')' in /home/shoujosh/public_html/forum/Sources/ModSettings.php on line 394

EDIT//Ive uninstall it and still I got an error.
Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php Test failed

Can you fix the modsetting for me please.

Thanks,
Liza

can you post your actual ModSettings file, get it via ftp and attach it to this thread and I'll take a look.

snork13

Quote from: simplyliza6 on September 08, 2007, 11:47:00 AM
Quote from: snork13 on September 07, 2007, 05:39:01 PM
Quote from: simplyliza6 on September 07, 2007, 04:50:24 PM
Ive got an error in modsetting
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare modifypaypalsettings() (previously declared in /home/shoujosh/public_html/forum/Sources/ModSettings.php:357) in /home/shoujosh/public_html/forum/Sources/ModSettings.php on line 382

And then I copied the onees tha snork fixed. And now I got this error.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting ')' in /home/shoujosh/public_html/forum/Sources/ModSettings.php on line 394

EDIT//Ive uninstall it and still I got an error.
Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php Test failed

Can you fix the modsetting for me please.

Thanks,
Liza

can you post your actual ModSettings file, get it via ftp and attach it to this thread and I'll take a look.

your missing the whole modifiy paypal setting function, which I can add for you, but first...what shout box mod are you using, something seem to be wrong with that as well.

-snork13
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

simplyliza6

Thanks I'm using SMF Shoutbox 1.16 

sillymilly

I'm using astronomy theme, and having problems making the mod work - everything seems to be where it should be, in the default theme, but can't seem to get it to work in the custom theme.

Not all the files are available in the custom theme (eg *.english.php files) but the must be accessable to the custom theme, so how do I make the mod point to the correct files?

Can any one help me with this, please?

snork13

Quote from: sillymilly on September 09, 2007, 10:28:53 AM
I'm using astronomy theme, and having problems making the mod work - everything seems to be where it should be, in the default theme, but can't seem to get it to work in the custom theme.

Not all the files are available in the custom theme (eg *.english.php files) but the must be accessable to the custom theme, so how do I make the mod point to the correct files?

If you don't have the file in the custom theme, it should use the default files. For each file you do have in the custom theme, you must make the changes manually.

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=402
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

sillymilly

Quote from: snork13 on September 09, 2007, 11:36:32 AM

If you don't have the file in the custom theme, it should use the default files. For each file you do have in the custom theme, you must make the changes manually.

yes - i know - and i've done all that, but it still doesn't want to work. The problem seems to be with the index.template.php file in the theme - i put the code in as in the modification.xml file, but the come up with an error - the coding in the theme file is different to in the default file.

I have tried to fix this - but don't know how to.

Have a ttached the theme file - you'll find the paypal code i put in easily cos it's commented out as all i got with it was errors.

snork13

Quote from: sillymilly on September 09, 2007, 02:47:48 PM
Quote from: snork13 on September 09, 2007, 11:36:32 AM

yes - i know - and i've done all that, but it still doesn't want to work. The problem seems to be with the index.template.php file in the theme - i put the code in as in the modification.xml file, but the come up with an error - the coding in the theme file is different to in the default file.

I have tried to fix this - but don't know how to.

Have a ttached the theme file - you'll find the paypal code i put in easily cos it's commented out as all i got with it was errors.

try this one :D
Mods

sillymilly

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*!!

It works!

Thank you SO much - for the mod itself & for sorting the problem.

:-* :-* :P

snork13

Quote from: sillymilly on September 09, 2007, 06:38:31 PM
:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*!!

It works!

Thank you SO much - for the mod itself & for sorting the problem.

:-* :-* :P

your very welcome and glad it work :)
Mods

TGF_Ian

Hey

Got the mod installed,, but whenever I add the HTML code from PayPal to go into the block,, and click SAVE,, it boots me out and does not save the HTML code ?????????

Any Ideas ???

snork13

Quote from: TGF_Ian on September 13, 2007, 04:17:48 PM
Hey

Got the mod installed,, but whenever I add the HTML code from PayPal to go into the block,, and click SAVE,, it boots me out and does not save the HTML code ?????????

Any Ideas ???

check the modsetting file. make sure this is in the correct place.

function ModifypayPalSettings()
{
global $txt, $scripturl, $context, $settings, $sc;

$config_vars = array(
// Paypal Donations - On or off?
array('check', 'payPalEnable'),
'',
// Paypal key and Reason
array('large_text', 'payPalReason','10'),
array('large_text', 'payPalKey','8'),

);

// Saving?
if (isset($_GET['save']))
{
saveDBSettings($config_vars);
redirectexit('action=featuresettings;sa=paypal');
}

$context['post_url'] = $scripturl . '?action=featuresettings2;save;sa=paypal';
$context['settings_title'] = $txt['payPalFO'];

prepareDBSettingContext($config_vars);
}
Mods

TGF_Ian

found the file,,

it reads :

{

$config_vars = array(
      '',
         // Paypal key and Reason

);

// Saving?
   {
   }

Is this OK ?

snork13

Quote from: TGF_Ian on September 14, 2007, 03:22:22 AM
found the file,,

it reads :

{

$config_vars = array(
      '',
         // Paypal key and Reason

);

// Saving?
   {
   }

Is this OK ?

make sure the function is closed.

}

attach your modsetting file, i'll check it out
Mods

TGF_Ian

Hope this works,, but I have attached a copy of the file that you wanted.

snork13

Quote from: TGF_Ian on September 15, 2007, 04:24:08 AM
Hope this works,, but I have attached a copy of the file that you wanted.

No, I need your modsetting file from your forum. i have the xml
Mods

TGF_Ian

is this the file you mean ?????

snork13

Quote from: TGF_Ian on September 16, 2007, 07:00:18 AM
is this the file you mean ?????

i remove your setting file, which you do not want to share with the world. the file in question is modsetting in your source folder.
Mods

Advertisement: