News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

PaypalDonations

Started by snork13, February 06, 2006, 11:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreeGeezer

Quote from: FreeGeezer on September 08, 2007, 01:59:24 AM
Quote from: FreeGeezer on September 03, 2007, 07:31:34 PM
I am trying to download the PayPal Donations mod using the Package Manager. I have SMF ver. 1.1.2, using the default theme. The only mod I have installed is the Custom Profile Field Mod  ver. 3.16.

When I try to download, I get the following message:
An Error Has Occurred!
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem may be?

Please, is there anyone with any answers to this?

Am I asking a question here that's taboo or something?  If so, I'm sorry! If not, I really do need some help. I just can't imagine why a mod download in this site would be corrupt or, at least, how it could remain corrupt for 2 weeks.

Thank you,
Roy Maul
Our Daily Bread Forums

TGF_Ian

ok, i have searched my FTP and I can not see a modsetting file in the public_html folder. is this where it should be ???

I really am stumped with this one, and I am sorry to take up so much time, but I dont know where to go from here....

snork13

Quote from: TGF_Ian on September 17, 2007, 04:18:34 PM
ok, i have searched my FTP and I can not see a modsetting file in the public_html folder. is this where it should be ???

I really am stumped with this one, and I am sorry to take up so much time, but I dont know where to go from here....
you are close, it's in the sources folder ;)
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

snork13

Quote from: FreeGeezer on September 17, 2007, 03:51:05 PM
I am trying to download the PayPal Donations mod using the Package Manager. I have SMF ver. 1.1.2, using the default theme. The only mod I have installed is the Custom Profile Field Mod  ver. 3.16.

An Error Has Occurred!
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

Am I asking a question here that's taboo or something?  If so, I'm sorry! If not, I really do need some help. I just can't imagine why a mod download in this site would be corrupt or, at least, how it could remain corrupt for 2 weeks.

Thank you,
Roy Maul
Our Daily Bread Forums

try downloading from the mod site and ftp it to your package folder
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

cmcmom

Ok I don't know what happened.  I had the Mod installed.  I edited it for the PayPal button and correlating message text.  The tab is there, the link works, but nothing in Admin references it.  I can't turn it off, change the text etc.  Permissions settings are still there.

What happened and how do I fix it?

snork13

Quote from: cmcmom on September 20, 2007, 03:47:04 PM
Ok I don't know what happened.  I had the Mod installed.  I edited it for the PayPal button and correlating message text.  The tab is there, the link works, but nothing in Admin references it.  I can't turn it off, change the text etc.  Permissions settings are still there.

What happened and how do I fix it?

check the modsetting file in the source dir. you should have the modify paypal function, which handles the text and paypal info.

-snork13
Mods

cmcmom

This is what mine says:

DELETED SINCE IT GOT NO RESPONSE

FreeGeezer

Quote from: snork13 on September 17, 2007, 09:01:36 PM
Quote from: FreeGeezer on September 17, 2007, 03:51:05 PM

An Error Has Occurred!

Thank you,
Roy Maul
Our Daily Bread Forums

try downloading from the mod site and ftp it to your package folder

Thanks for the tip. I downloaded the mod to my local system, then uploaded it in the Package Manager. Then I attempted to apply the mod, and got the message "Error in Package Installation." The list of files tested showed that "./Sources/ModSettings.php" failed the test. The message says something about potential conflict between this package and another package I may already have installed. The only mod I have installed is the Custom Profile Field Mod v3.16. Also, I have applied the SMF 1.1.3 upgrade (SMF 1.0.11 / 1.1.3 Update 1.1). Will either of these present a conflict to the PayPal Donation mod?

Thank you,
Roy Maul
Our Daily Bread Forums

Nephilim

Okay, I've installed this mod on SMF 1.1.3 (fresh install, default theme), and everything seemed to go smoothly, yet it does not work.

I don't have a button on the index, and I have no textareas in the admin control panel (in current theme) to set it up.  It's like it installed the mod, but the board is ignoring it.

I've gone in and manually checked each file to make sure the modifications were made properly, and everything looks fine, yet nothing shows up.  I'm at a loss here.

MansonGT

is it possible that this doesn't work on SMF 1.1.4 ?

wicked1

Quote from: Nephilim on September 24, 2007, 05:40:23 PM
Okay, I've installed this mod on SMF 1.1.3 (fresh install, default theme), and everything seemed to go smoothly, yet it does not work.

I don't have a button on the index, and I have no textareas in the admin control panel (in current theme) to set it up.  It's like it installed the mod, but the board is ignoring it.

I've gone in and manually checked each file to make sure the modifications were made properly, and everything looks fine, yet nothing shows up.  I'm at a loss here.
I am having the same issue, except with 1.1.4 :(

Trinny

Same here on 1.1.4

This stinks, cos it's a great addition :(

FreeGeezer

I don't know if, or when, we're going to get some assistance. It seem that snork13 is the only one who can answer some of these questions, and his profile simply says that he's on "hiatus". I've had a question go unanswered since Sept. 20th.

Thank you,
Roy Maul
Our Daily Bread Forums

snork13

I updated the mod for 1.1.4, tested on a fresh/clean install, works great :)
Mods

Dumpling

I can't find the enable/Donation tab under Features and Options.

I'm running on SMF 1.1.4. I just installed the PaypalDonation Mod via the Packages installer and it installed successfully.

Help please?

TrueSatan

Please see another of my replies to you...your language settings are at fault...probably set to English utf8 not English.

Dumpling

Hi again, TrueSatan -

I've followed the instructions that you provided in the other post and changed my forum's language setting from English-Utf8 to English. That indeed solved almost all the problems that I was having and I'm very happy :D and grateful for your assistance.

:-\ But now I'm having slight trouble with installing the PaypalDonation mod. It installed fine before, but now I got this error message (please refer to image).

TrueSatan

Errors like that tell you that another mod has already edited the file in question so the automatic package installer can't find the code it expected to find...manual install time. Most of the time you will get away with installing the mod via the package manager then editing manually the one failed file but not always...sometimes after a file fails all the subsequent edits get skipped and you have to do them all manually.

BTW do make sure that prior to installing or uninstalling any mod or theme you backup both your database and your files (ftp them to your local machine.)

Dumpling

Yes sir! Wish me luck! The last time I attempted manual mod installation ended with burnt cupcakes... :P

Edit: Can't you see I just love cupcakes?

TrueSatan

LOL! So long as you do the backup you can restore from it so nothing lost but a bit of your time and a few burnt cupcakes.

Advertisement: