News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

PaypalDonations

Started by snork13, February 06, 2006, 11:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumpling

Yippy! I installed it via the Packages installer then I went in and manually put in the codes for the file that the Packages installer couldn't edit. It was a bit tricky. Luckily this time I didn't end up with burnt cupcakes. :)

The backup process was loooong. I FTP'ed the entire forum folder onto my computer like you said and it took really looong. Oh well, better be safe than sorry, right? Thanks for the help and advice. :)

Moif

Does this mod add any kind of visual notification that someone has donated? Such as via a small icon under their Usernames when they post?

cmcmom

Ur_Irish_Rose

Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php Test failed

i get this error when i try to install this package can someoen help me please

my site is http://www.boards-express.com/BE-Forum/index.php
http://www.boards-express-forum.com/BE/index.php
Irish And Proud SMF Charter Member

Dumpling

I got that error message when I tried to install the package for this mod, too.

Someone told me I could either manually install the mod or try installing it (using the package install function on SMF) and manually edit the "test failed" file. I did #2 and it worked. Maybe you can try that. :) Remember to back up EVERYTHING!!!

Quote from: Ur_Irish_Rose on October 22, 2007, 03:00:51 AM
Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php Test failed

i get this error when i try to install this package can someoen help me please

my site is http://www.boards-express.com/BE-Forum/index.php

Quote from: Dumpling on October 12, 2007, 08:40:29 PM
Hi again, TrueSatan -

I've followed the instructions that you provided in the other post and changed my forum's language setting from English-Utf8 to English. That indeed solved almost all the problems that I was having and I'm very happy :D and grateful for your assistance.

:-\ But now I'm having slight trouble with installing the PaypalDonation mod. It installed fine before, but now I got this error message (please refer to image).

Quote from: TrueSatan on October 12, 2007, 08:54:14 PM
Errors like that tell you that another mod has already edited the file in question so the automatic package installer can't find the code it expected to find...manual install time. Most of the time you will get away with installing the mod via the package manager then editing manually the one failed file but not always...sometimes after a file fails all the subsequent edits get skipped and you have to do them all manually.

BTW do make sure that prior to installing or uninstalling any mod or theme you backup both your database and your files (ftp them to your local machine.)

Ur_Irish_Rose

im totally lost as to what to do can someone explain exacilly what i should do please

how do i edit the code where do i go to edit and what code to i look for to change and what do i change it too

Puffy30

I read Dumpling's post about manually installing because of the error.  However, I don't know how to manually install.  Are there directions for that around somewhere?  I would try just editing the "test failed" file, but I'm not sure what to edit.  ???

Ur_Irish_Rose

ok i got this to go into my forum now all i need is to get it installed

Dumpling

Metal_GunBlade

A problem is reported:
Quote8: Undefined index: payPal
Fichier: /home/globa104/public_html/forum/Themes/default/languages/index.french.php (eval?)
Ligne: 662.

I tried to uninstall the mod but an error occurred:

QuoteThis package cannot be uninstalled, because there is no uninstaller!

Please contact the mod author for more information.

Could you please help me resolve this?
Life is ours to be spent, not to be saved

Dumpling

Hey Metal_GunBlade,

Have you tried this: SMF Package Parser

If you know how to manually install a mod, that should be easy. It's simpler than looking through the .mod file.

If you don't know how to manually install a mod, read this: Manually Install Mods Doc

tiger5226

Hey guys I did the manual edit and everything seems to work fine but there is no donations link on the main page. Could you please tell me how to add that in?

Mark

crazyc187

is there a way to get this to install on a diffrent template if so please direct me in the right direction thanx in advance

Dumpling

Quote from: tiger5226 on November 03, 2007, 02:30:04 PM
Hey guys I did the manual edit and everything seems to work fine but there is no donations link on the main page. Could you please tell me how to add that in?

Mark

Are you using a different theme (not the default)?

tiger5226

Yes dumpling I am. sorry for not getting back to you. I lost the post and forgot I posted it with the SMF forum. I am English steel and I am having all types of problems with different themes...this theme is the one with the least problems. I would be willing to pay someone to help me get my mods that I installed all working, or some help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

FreeGeezer

What the ....? I thought I finally got the PayPal Donations mod installed. I had to modify ModSettings.php manually because I have the Custom Profiles mod installed.

First, I installed from the Package Manager and, of course, ModSettings.php showed as "Test Failed". Secondly, I uploaded the manually modified ModSettings.php. I then logged out of the forums, and restarted everything. I went to the "Admin" panel, "Features and Options". Viola!!! There was the tab labeled "Donations"!!!! I clicked on the tab and there were the "enable" flag and the 2 text fields. I thought, Great! I'm on my way!

But, I logged out to get some lunch, then got my PayPal to get my HTML code snippet and lined up my reason spiel text. Logged back on, and it's all gone????

I went to the file manager in my hosting account and viewed every file to make sure the modifications were still there. Yup! They were there! Then I checked the database settings table and, yes, the PayPal settings were there.

I don't know where else to check. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Roy
http://odbhosting.net/forums/

FreeGeezer

Quote from: FreeGeezer on December 06, 2007, 07:06:55 PM
What the ....? I thought I finally got the PayPal Donations mod installed. I had to modify ModSettings.php manually because I have the Custom Profiles mod installed.

First, I installed from the Package Manager and, of course, ModSettings.php showed as "Test Failed". Secondly, I uploaded the manually modified ModSettings.php. I then logged out of the forums, and restarted everything. I went to the "Admin" panel, "Features and Options". Viola!!! There was the tab labeled "Donations"!!!! I clicked on the tab and there were the "enable" flag and the 2 text fields. I thought, Great! I'm on my way!

But, I logged out to get some lunch, then got my PayPal to get my HTML code snippet and lined up my reason spiel text. Logged back on, and it's all gone????

I went to the file manager in my hosting account and viewed every file to make sure the modifications were still there. Yup! They were there! Then I checked the database settings table and, yes, the PayPal settings were there.

Any help out there on this? I have checked all the files, multiple times, to insure that the modifications are there... and they are. I saw the tab and configuration fields in the admin section right after installing, but, after logging out and logging back in later, it was gone.

Does anyone have any insight into this?

Thank you,
Roy

snork13

Quote from: FreeGeezer on December 11, 2007, 03:58:07 PM

Any help out there on this? I have checked all the files, multiple times, to insure that the modifications are there... and they are. I saw the tab and configuration fields in the admin section right after installing, but, after logging out and logging back in later, it was gone.

Thank you,
Roy

can you attach your files modified, I'll take a look
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

digit

hmm.  Couldn't you just use the CustomActions mod for this?

Granted, permissions aren't available...  but why would you want to restrict someone from donating?

I installed it, and was a bit disappointed there was nothing other than a way to add a paypal button (or form).  I expected the ability to track donations, or something.

(or am I missing something?)
Happily using a heavily modified 1.1.16 version of SMF!

2748011 Posts in 320998 Topics by 50986 Members

SOLD my website - thanks it was a good run - they converted to vbadvanced. (and screwed it up good!)

FreeGeezer

Quote from: snork13 on December 11, 2007, 11:01:02 PM
Quote from: FreeGeezer on December 11, 2007, 03:58:07 PM

can you attach your files modified, I'll take a look

Thank you snork13,
I really appreciate your offer. This thing is really baffling me. Of course, I'm an old geezer that can't get COBOL out of his head.  ;)

I've attached all the files involved in a zip file, called "modifiedfiles.zip", and a screenshot of the error log, rightly called "errorlog.jpg".

I really look forward the hearing what you find.

Thanks again,
Roy

Advertisement: