News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

PaypalDonations

Started by snork13, February 06, 2006, 11:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snork13

Quote from: digit on December 12, 2007, 09:07:44 AM
hmm.  Couldn't you just use the CustomActions mod for this?

Granted, permissions aren't available...  but why would you want to restrict someone from donating?

I installed it, and was a bit disappointed there was nothing other than a way to add a paypal button (or form).  I expected the ability to track donations, or something.

(or am I missing something?)

that would be grudge's paid sub mod, why would i re-write his mod. mine is a simple way to add a paypal link for donations. thanks for your input

-snork13
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

snork13

Quote from: FreeGeezer on December 13, 2007, 12:57:53 PM
Quote from: snork13 on December 11, 2007, 11:01:02 PM
Quote from: FreeGeezer on December 11, 2007, 03:58:07 PM
Quote from: FreeGeezer on December 06, 2007, 07:06:55 PM
What the ....? I thought I finally got the PayPal Donations mod installed. I had to modify ModSettings.php manually because I have the Custom Profiles mod installed.

First, I installed from the Package Manager and, of course, ModSettings.php showed as "Test Failed". Secondly, I uploaded the manually modified ModSettings.php. I then logged out of the forums, and restarted everything. I went to the "Admin" panel, "Features and Options". Viola!!! There was the tab labeled "Donations"!!!! I clicked on the tab and there were the "enable" flag and the 2 text fields. I thought, Great! I'm on my way!

But, I logged out to get some lunch, then got my PayPal to get my HTML code snippet and lined up my reason spiel text. Logged back on, and it's all gone????

I went to the file manager in my hosting account and viewed every file to make sure the modifications were still there. Yup! They were there! Then I checked the database settings table and, yes, the PayPal settings were there.

I don't know where else to check. Does anyone have any ideas?

Any help out there on this? I have checked all the files, multiple times, to insure that the modifications are there... and they are. I saw the tab and configuration fields in the admin section right after installing, but, after logging out and logging back in later, it was gone.

Does anyone have any insight into this?

can you attach your files modified, I'll take a look

Thank you snork13,
I really appreciate your offer. This thing is really baffling me. Of course, I'm an old geezer that can't get COBOL out of his head.  ;)

I've attached all the files involved in a zip file, called "modifiedfiles.zip", and a screenshot of the error log, rightly called "errorlog.jpg".

I really look forward the hearing what you find.

Thanks again,
Roy
http://odbhosting.net/forums/

make sure you did this....

<file name="$boarddir/index.php">
<operation>
<search position="before"><![CDATA[
'membergroups' => array('ManageMembergroups.php', 'ModifyMembergroups'),]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[
'paypal' => array('Paypal.php', 'Paypal'),]]></add>
</operation>

</file>

it looks like you may have missed this modification...

<file name="$themedir/languages/ModSettings.english.php">
<operation>
$txt['karmaLabel'] = 'Karma label';
$txt['karmaApplaudLabel'] = 'Karma applaud label';
$txt['karmaSmiteLabel'] = 'Karma smite label';
]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[
$txt['payPalEnable'] = 'Enable the Donation';
$txt['payPalKey'] = 'Paypal Form (html)';
$txt['payPalReason'] = 'Reason For Donation';
$txt['payPalFO'] = 'Donations';
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

FreeGeezer

Quote from: snork13 on December 14, 2007, 08:41:13 AM
Quote from: FreeGeezer on December 13, 2007, 12:57:53 PM
Quote from: snork13 on December 11, 2007, 11:01:02 PM
Quote from: FreeGeezer on December 11, 2007, 03:58:07 PM
What the ....? I thought I finally got the PayPal Donations mod installed. I had to modify ModSettings.php manually because I have the Custom Profiles mod installed.

First, I installed from the Package Manager and, of course, ModSettings.php showed as "Test Failed". Secondly, I uploaded the manually modified ModSettings.php. I then logged out of the forums, and restarted everything. I went to the "Admin" panel, "Features and Options". Viola!!! There was the tab labeled "Donations"!!!! I clicked on the tab and there were the "enable" flag and the 2 text fields. I thought, Great! I'm on my way!

But, I logged out to get some lunch, then got my PayPal to get my HTML code snippet and lined up my reason spiel text. Logged back on, and it's all gone????

I went to the file manager in my hosting account and viewed every file to make sure the modifications were still there. Yup! They were there! Then I checked the database settings table and, yes, the PayPal settings were there.

Any help out there on this? I have checked all the files, multiple times, to insure that the modifications are there... and they are. I saw the tab and configuration fields in the admin section right after installing, but, after logging out and logging back in later, it was gone.

Does anyone have any insight into this?

can you attach your files modified, I'll take a look

Thank you snork13,
I really appreciate your offer. This thing is really baffling me. Of course, I'm an old geezer that can't get COBOL out of his head.  ;)

I've attached all the files involved in a zip file, called "modifiedfiles.zip", and a screenshot of the error log, rightly called "errorlog.jpg".

I really look forward the hearing what you find.

make sure you did this....

<file name="$boarddir/index.php">
<operation>
'membergroups' => array('ManageMembergroups.php', 'ModifyMembergroups'),]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[
'paypal' => array('Paypal.php', 'Paypal'),]]></add>
</operation>

</file>

it looks like you may have missed this modification...

<file name="$themedir/languages/ModSettings.english.php">
<operation>
]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

Thank you Snork13,
I checked the file on the server and those modifications are in place. I'm concerned with the error log message that says:
http://odbhosting.net/forums/index.php?action=featuresettings
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined index: payPalFO
File: /home/freegeez/public_html/odbhosting/forums/Sources/ModSettings.php Line: 151

That line is: 'title' => $txt['payPalFO'], near the bottom in:

loadLanguage('CustomProfile');
// Load up all the tabs...
$context['admin_tabs'] = array(
'title' => &$txt['modSettings_title'],
'help' => 'modsettings',
'description' => $txt['smf3'],
'tabs' => array(
'basic' => array(
'title' => $txt['mods_cat_features'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=featuresettings;sa=basic;sesc=' . $context['session_id'],
),
'layout' => array(
'title' => $txt['mods_cat_layout'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=featuresettings;sa=layout;sesc=' . $context['session_id'],
),
'profile' => array(
'title' => $txt['cp_cpfields'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=featuresettings;sa=profile;sesc=' . $context['session_id'],
),
'karma' => array(
'title' => $txt['smf293'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=featuresettings;sa=karma;sesc=' . $context['session_id'],
),
'paypal' => array(
'title' => $txt['payPalFO'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=featuresettings;sa=paypal;sesc=' . $context['session_id'],
'is_last' => true,
),
),
);

Do you suppose that the loadLanguage('CustomProfile'); might have something to do with the problem?

Thanks again,
Roy

snork13

error message = your missing the language strings in ModSettings.english.php

try commenting out the custom profile, I don't know that mod

//loadLanguage('CustomProfile');
Mods

FreeGeezer

Quote from: snork13 on December 14, 2007, 02:47:39 PM

Actually, I'm not missing those settings. Here they are, in context, right off the server:

$txt['caching_information'] = ...

My concern with "loadLanguage('CustomProfile');" is that it also defines $txt[] and, of course there is no $txt[payPalFO] in that array. If I comment it out, I would assume that I'll get an error when I try to do anything with the Custom Profile Fields. How can I make them compatable?

I will try commenting it out, as a test, a later today. I have to run out right now. Both of those mods are important to me.

Thanks,
Roy

FreeGeezer

Quote from: FreeGeezer on December 14, 2007, 03:09:00 PM
Quote from: snork13 on December 14, 2007, 02:47:39 PM

Actually, I'm not missing those settings. Here they are, in context, right off the server:

$txt['caching_information'] = ...

My concern with "loadLanguage('CustomProfile');" is that it also defines $txt[] and, of course there is no $txt[payPalFO] in that array. If I comment it out, I would assume that I'll get an error when I try to do anything with the Custom Profile Fields. How can I make them compatable?

I will try commenting it out, as a test, a later today. I have to run out right now. Both of those mods are important to me.

OK, I commented out the "loadLanguage('CustomProfile');" and, as I suspected, I got an invalid index error from the Custom Profile Fields mod. And... I still got the invalid index error on $txt['payPalFO'] as before. So, it doesn't appear that loading the CustomProfile language file is not interfering with the variables in the ModSettings.english.php file.

I'm really baffled by this. I have checked and rechecked the modifications, dumpling has checked them for me, and snork13 has checked them. Nothing has been found but, I'm still getting this invalid index error on $txt['payPalFO'] and no PayPal Donations appears on the "admin" Features and Options screen.

Thanks,
Roy
ODB Forums

snork13

I would be happy to look around, contact me via pm.

-snork13
Mods

FotoZone

Quote from: snork13 on February 06, 2006, 11:36:58 PM
Link to Mod

A Paypal Merchant account is required, for more information visit: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/xcl/rec/donate-intro-outside
Paypal generates the html form code you will need for one of the textareas, the other textarea is for maybe a reason why the members should donate, or get fancy like the examples on the Paypal site.

This mod will add a "Donate" link in the top menu, which will take you to your static Paypal Donation page.
On the admin side, under "current theme" you have two textareas for entering the Paypal info.

Special thanks to Bloc for the textarea code ;)

Tested on 1.1RC2 fresh install.

Version 1.2 - added permissions setting and an error in the language

this mod in spanish utf8 ?

snork13

Quote from: FotoZone on December 16, 2007, 11:37:19 AM
Quote from: snork13 on February 06, 2006, 11:36:58 PM
Link to Mod

A Paypal Merchant account is required, for more information visit: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/xcl/rec/donate-intro-outside
Paypal generates the html form code you will need for one of the textareas, the other textarea is for maybe a reason why the members should donate, or get fancy like the examples on the Paypal site.

This mod will add a "Donate" link in the top menu, which will take you to your static Paypal Donation page.
On the admin side, under "current theme" you have two textareas for entering the Paypal info.

Special thanks to Bloc for the textarea code ;)

Tested on 1.1RC2 fresh install.

Version 1.2 - added permissions setting and an error in the language

this mod in spanish utf8 ?

no just default/english
Mods

glennk

I get this,

3.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/ModSettings.php     Test failed

Is there any way around this ?

Bigguy

This is more than likely another mod conflicting with this one. You could try to uninstall a couple mods and see if it installs then. If not then coding that file manually is about the only way around it.

glennk

Yes sadly this seems to happen to me a lot lately. I have a lot of mods installed. Any suggestions what to uninstall or should I just try any  ?

With regard to coding it ? how easy is that. I cant do php but would be able to add code to files if someone told me what and where ?

Thanks - Glenn

Goodman854

Ok to go ahead?

peterpan72

When I try to use this mod on my SMF 1.1.4 i get this message, any ideas???

3. Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php Test failed

Goodman854

FreeGeezer

I continue to work on this and it keeps getting stranger and stranger. I installed a test forum on an XAMPP server is have. Then I installed all my mods on the test forum and everything works perfectly. I installed PayPal Donations first, them Additional Membergroups on Profile and, finally, Custom Profile Fields. No conflicts or anything, it went smooth as glass.

So, I uninstalled everything on my Hostgator server, followed by a reinstall of the mods in the sequence above. Again, it went smooth as glass. However, the PayPal Donations mod continues to not show up anywhere, except in the Admin/Packages area, where it shows as being installed.

My Hostgator server is running Apache 1.3.37 (Unix) with PHP 4.4.4. The XAMPP server is running Apache 2 with PHP 5.2.4 on Windows XP.

Could there be something that is PHP 5 dependent, or something like that?

Thanks for any help that anyone can offer.
Roy
ODB Forums

snork13

When I logged in with the test account you gave me it work great. Are you using the default theme?
Mods

snork13

I can tell right now that the change to index.php have not been done. Can you check that file
Mods

snork13

Quote from: goodman854 on December 19, 2007, 06:04:05 PM

Ok to go ahead?
Quote from: NoDrAmaUk on December 19, 2007, 09:20:04 PM
When I try to use this mod on my SMF 1.1.4 i get this message, any ideas???

3. Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php Test failed

yes, you will need to make those change manually. Another mod is in conflict with the code that will need to be changed.
Mods

FreeGeezer

Quote from: snork13 on December 21, 2007, 03:28:34 PM
When I logged in with the test account you gave me it work great. Are you using the default theme?

Yes, I am using the default theme. In fact, I have it set so as all members have to use the default theme.

Are you saying that when you logged into my forum on my server, at http://www.odbhosting.net/forums, it worked great? If so, that makes things stranger yet! The PayPal Donations mods absolutely do not show up on my computer. I tried it on all 3 of my computers, and nada. One computer running Vista, the other 2 running XP Pro, all were tried with both IE 7 and Firefox 2.

Does anyone know if I can install a fresh copy of SMF on my server and maintain all the data that's in the database? Maybe that's the solution.

Thanks,
Roy
ODB Forums

Advertisement: