News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

PaypalDonations

Started by snork13, February 06, 2006, 11:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snork13

Quote from: FreeGeezer on December 21, 2007, 04:14:40 PM
Quote from: snork13 on December 21, 2007, 03:28:34 PM
When I logged in with the test account you gave me it work great. Are you using the default theme?

Yes, I am using the default theme. In fact, I have it set so as all members have to use the default theme.

Are you saying that when you logged into my forum on my server, at http://www.odbhosting.net/forums, it worked great? If so, that makes things stranger yet! The PayPal Donations mods absolutely do not show up on my computer. I tried it on all 3 of my computers, and nada. One computer running Vista, the other 2 running XP Pro, all were tried with both IE 7 and Firefox 2.

Does anyone know if I can install a fresh copy of SMF on my server and maintain all the data that's in the database? Maybe that's the solution.

Thanks,
Roy
ODB Forums

Yes, before you removed the mod it work just fine for me. you shouldn't need to re-install the forum. You just need to make the changes in index.php.
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

FreeGeezer

Quote from: snork13 on December 21, 2007, 04:27:18 PM
Quote from: FreeGeezer on December 21, 2007, 04:14:40 PM
Quote from: snork13 on December 21, 2007, 03:28:34 PM
When I logged in with the test account you gave me it work great. Are you using the default theme?
Yes, I am using the default theme. In fact, I have it set so as all members have to use the default theme.

Are you saying that when you logged into my forum on my server, at http://www.odbhosting.net/forums, it worked great? If so, that makes things stranger yet! The PayPal Donations mods absolutely do not show up on my computer. I tried it on all 3 of my computers, and nada. One computer running Vista, the other 2 running XP Pro, all were tried with both IE 7 and Firefox 2.

Does anyone know if I can install a fresh copy of SMF on my server and maintain all the data that's in the database? Maybe that's the solution.

Yes, before you removed the mod it work just fine for me. you shouldn't need to re-install the forum. You just need to make the changes in index.php.

Sorry, I didn't realize you were talking to me on that post. I have just made, and tested, the change to index.php and am still coming up with the same results. No PayPal Donations showing up anywhere.

Still getting the attached error

Thanks,
Roy
ODB Forums

glennk

QuoteQuote from: NoDrAmaUk on December 19, 2007, 09:20:04 PM
When I try to use this mod on my SMF 1.1.4 i get this message, any ideas???

3. Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php Test failed

yes, you will need to make those change manually. Another mod is in conflict with the code that will need to be changed.

How would I do this ?

Goodman854

Quote from: snork13 on December 21, 2007, 03:32:42 PM
Quote from: goodman854 on December 19, 2007, 06:04:05 PM
3.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/ModSettings.php     Test failed

Ok to go ahead?
Quote from: NoDrAmaUk on December 19, 2007, 09:20:04 PM

yes, you will need to make those change manually. Another mod is in conflict with the code that will need to be changed.
What changes do I make?

snork13

Quote from: glennk on December 21, 2007, 05:52:51 PM
QuoteQuote from: NoDrAmaUk on December 19, 2007, 09:20:04 PM

How would I do this ?

this may help

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=402
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

Troy Wingate

When I try to install this mod, I get this

1.     Execute Modification     ./index.php     Test successful
2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ModSettings.php    Test failed
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.english.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php    Test successful
8.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/Paypal.template.php    
9.    Extract File    ./Sources/Paypal.php    
10.    Execute Code    add_settings.php

What is the problem? My website is www.portadelaideproud.com [nofollow] if you wanna check it out to see if any other links would be the cause of the problem.

ferrel2520

Hello

I'm getting the same error and been through the code but as I'm an expert I can't find what's wrong.

Any ideias?

1.     Execute Modification     ./index.php     Test successful
2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ModSettings.php    Test failed
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.english.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php    Test successful
8.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/Paypal.template.php   
9.    Extract File    ./Sources/Paypal.php   
10.    Execute Code    add_settings.php

Bigguy

The failure is probably due to another mod altering the Modsettings.php file so this mod can't find the correct code to edit when it wants to install.

ferrel2520

I've uninstalled some mods but still have this error.  >:( >:(

Pip2andahalf

Hey folks. I didn't read this ENTIRE thread, but I read a lot of it and didn't see (probably just missed) what I was looking for help on, so I'll post it here.

I use the babylon theme, and I want to use this mod. I have created a very nice looking matching button to use, but I have no idea how to:
1. Get the mod to work on this theme in the first place
2. Get the mod to use my button

I would GREATLY appreciate any help I can get. I'll upload my button momentarily and share it here in case anyone else wants to use it.

Thanks,

Pip

Edit: Here are my buttons.

One has the dollar sign Italic, one has it Italic and Bold. If someone wants, I can easily (5 minutes tops) make one without italic or bold. I just didn't like how it looked myself. Just PM me if you want me to do so. :)

Italic:

Italic & Bold:

Enjoy!

Pip2andahalf

Hey there mates. I posted this on the second, it's the fourth now. Just seeing if anyone was going to be able to help me with this.

Thanks!

P

Pip2andahalf

Bump? ;D Thanks! (Hope I'm not breaking rules by bumping this...)

snork13

Quote from: Pip2andahalf on February 19, 2008, 05:53:28 PM

You can apply the mod via the package manager to the default theme, source files. Then you will need to edit the other theme manually. Make a backup of all files, such as index.template.php in your babylon theme. As far as the menu, just look at one of the current buttons, copy it and edit the button for paypal donation link.

-snork13
Mods

Pip2andahalf

Quote from: snork13 on February 19, 2008, 10:55:42 PM
Quote from: Pip2andahalf on February 19, 2008, 05:53:28 PM

You can apply the mod via the package manager to the default theme, source files. Then you will need to edit the other theme manually. Make a backup of all files, such as index.template.php in your babylon theme. As far as the menu, just look at one of the current buttons, copy it and edit the button for paypal donation link.

-snork13

Sweet! Thank you so much!!

irishmyth84

Okay, so I've been working for about a month trying to get the PayPalDonations mod package installed on my forum.  At first I was getting errors when I tried to install the package, and after researching a few things on this forum, I decided it was because I was running SMF 1.1.3.  Last night I successfully upgraded to 1.1.4, and I tried to install the PayPalDonations modification again, and this time, using the Package Manager, it installed successfully without any error messages.

However, I can't find any of the supposed features of this mod package (the donation button at the top menu and the added tab in "Features and Options" of the Admin section to input the Paypal generated code).  Help??  What am I missing?  Is there another step beyond installing the package in Package Manager to get this up and running?

(Note: this is the first package that I have run using package manager, and I'm pretty much a newbie to the forum admin world)

irishmyth84

Okay - a little more detail.  I uninstalled the PaypalDonations modification and installed the Treasury mod instead (even though that one is much more involved than what I'm wanting for my forum).  Again, it looked like the install was completely successful, but I could see none of the changes on my forum.  So, now I'm convinced that I'm just being stupid about these modifications and I'm missing a step somewhere.

Here are the steps I went through for PaypalDonations (since that's the one I'm really wanting to use):

1. In Package Manager in the Admin Panel, I uploaded the PaypalDonations v1.7 Zip file and got the following message:

QuotePackage uploaded successfully
Package has been downloaded successfully

PaypalDonations [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] 

[ Back ] 

2. In Browse Packages, I selected the option to "Apply Mod" for my PaypalDonations v1.7 Modification Package.  Here's the message I get:

QuoteInstall Actions
Installations actions for "PaypalDonations":

Installing this package will perform the following actions:
1. Execute Modification ./index.php Test successful
2. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php Test successful
3. Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php Test successful
4. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test successful
5. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Test successful
6. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.english.php Test successful
7. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php Test successful
8. Extract File ./Themes/default/Paypal.template.php 
9. Extract File ./Sources/Paypal.php 
10. Execute Code add_settings.php

3. On that page, I selected "Install Now," and I get the following message:

QuoteExtracting
Extracting Package

The package was installed successfully. You should now be able to use whatever functionality it adds or changes; or not be able to use functionality it removes. 

Yet, I see nothing, nada, not anything has changed in my forum!  *sighs*  Do I have to do something further with extracting the files from the zip file?  Moving them around in my directory?  When I look into where the files are located, after I upload the zip file, it's in the "Packages" folder on my directory...

I just have no clue what step I'm messing, as the final message after installing the modification makes it seem like the changes should already be in place...

uncleflip

If you're not using the default theme, some package elements may not install properly.  A good package developer will give you instructions on what to do in these cases.  If you don't have those, poke through the XML files to see what they're doing.  You may have to do some script element replacements manually if they're not doing it automatically.

Be well
-UF

callto://uncleflip

snork13

I would ask in the modification thread. Maybe this could be moved, so I can help you out further.

-snork13
Mods

irishmyth84

Hi UncleFlip - thanks for the reply...

Unfortunately, that was also something I considered (as I have about 6 different themes available for use on my forum).  As the admin, I always use the SMF Default Theme - Core and then check any changes I make on the other themes as needed.

It just seems weird to me that neither of these mods (PaypalDonations or Treasury) seemed to work in my Default Theme (or any other theme for that matter).

irishmyth84

Hi snork13 - I'm amenable to this being moved to the modification thread...if it can be moved for me, great...otherwise, I can just repost it, too...

(btw, I assum you're talking about the sticky thread Having problems with the package manager? )

Advertisement: