PaypalDonations

Started by snork13, February 06, 2006, 11:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snork13

Quote from: irishmyth84 on February 25, 2008, 11:27:07 AM
Hi snork13 - I'm amenable to this being moved to the modification thread...if it can be moved for me, great...otherwise, I can just repost it, too...

(btw, I assum you're talking about the sticky thread Having problems with the package manager? )

If you are still trying to get the my mod going....

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=70046.0
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

irishmyth84

Oh, I didn't even see the Mods & Packages area...my bad.  Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

snork13

Quote from: irishmyth84 on February 25, 2008, 11:29:15 AM
Oh, I didn't even see the Mods & Packages area...my bad.  Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

No problem, I'd be happy to help you there, so others can benefit as well. I need to head out to a client now, but should be back shortly.

-snork13
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

irishmyth84

Thanks to whoever moved my questions to this thread.

So, it looks like FreeGeezer recently had the same problem as I (Reply #416), but sifting through the posts, I can't quite tell if there's been a resolution to this issue.  At the moment I've only been halfway doing a little bit of research the last few hours since I'm at work, but I should have some time later tonight to test anything and look through your response to FreeGeezer's posts more thoroughly.

Thanks in advance for the help.

irishmyth84

Okay - I've made progress on this!!

Reading through the thread, I found TrueSatan's tip to change the forum language from English-Utf8 to English.  Easy enough - made the change...and voila!!!  The mod actually worked!  Imagine my euphoria - mod was great, easy to use, got my Paypal code in and clicked through to everything.  It's a great mod, Snork...

BUT -  >:( - I browsed away from my forum and logged back in...and it was gone...

Somehow it seems like the language setting isn't "sticking."  I have yet to see the mod when logging back into my forum....until I "resave" the language setting as English.

Here's the first of two screenshots (w/ my forum info. "blanked out" for security reasons).
When I log out of the forum, the donations button disappears.  I go into Server Settings and check the language - it's listed as "English" (which is what I changed it to on TrueSatan's advice)...
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a58/irishmyth84/ItsNotThere.jpg [nofollow]

Then I hit "Save" (even though I didn't change anything) and the mod is back again!
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a58/irishmyth84/NowYouSeeIt.jpg [nofollow]

I just can't get it to "stick" though.  Snork (or anyone) - do you have any tips or advice as to what might be causing the mod to appear when I resave my langauge settings but disappear every time I log out and log back into the forum?

**New update (which I discovered while typing this post):  I logged out of my forum as admin (when I couldn't see the Donations button) and logged back in using my regular member account (which I hardly ever use) - and there the button was!  Yet, my regular members can't see it.  Does this have something to do w/ cookies or cache or something?  How can I get it so that everyone can see this new mod?  All these members have been buggin' me for it and I thought I'd fixed it...and it even appears for my own member account...yet they can't see it.

irishmyth84

Sorry if I seem a bit manic - I just want to figure this out!!  I was so close...*sighs*

Just a little bit more info.  I checked the error log, and this is what I'm getting:

Quote8: Undefined index: payPal
File: /home/penteco9/public_html/Themes/default/Admin.template.php (main_above sub template - eval?)
Line: 571

snork13

You could add the language changes to the UTF8 file
Mods

irishmyth84

i.e. overwrite the UTF8 file with the English file?

snork13

No just add the line from the modification

Ill be home in a few hours and can give better how-to
Mods

irishmyth84

If you could give more detailed instructions when you get a chance, that would be great.  I'm not sure which line from the modification you're talking about and which UTF8 file in the default theme I'd add it to (admin.english-utf8.php, index.english-utf8.php, etc...or all of them?)

btw (not sure how relevant it is), the Paypal error I'm getting in my log is occuring on Line 571 in all my templates...admin.template.php, boardindex.template.php, post.template.php...

Thanks so much for your help.

Illeana

I am getting this error when trying to install

Execute Modification ./index.php Test successful
2. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php Test successful
3. Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php Test failed

the only mod i have installed is the custom profile field one i am using 1.1.4

fecu2008

was reading through. Should I manually install this mod.  Im getting these errors. 

2. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php Test failed

fecu2008

Got this installed, great mod!! Have a question though.  When someone donates, will they know my name.  I have it said up under my email address, but when they make a payment will it show my name to them? 

snork13

Quote from: fecu2008 on March 04, 2008, 12:28:43 PM
Got this installed, great mod!! Have a question though.  When someone donates, will they know my name.  I have it said up under my email address, but when they make a payment will it show my name to them? 

it would be however your paypal is setup, which you can change by logging into paypal.

-snork13
Mods

snork13

Quote from: Illeana on March 03, 2008, 10:26:15 AM
I am getting this error when trying to install

Execute Modification ./index.php Test successful
2. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php Test successful

the only mod i have installed is the custom profile field one i am using 1.1.4

You would need to make the changes to that file manually.
Mods

AHMER

mine is only working in the default theme its not working in the other theme i am using pirates plzz help
IF U ARE LOOKING FOR A WEBMASTER THEN EMAIL ME @ ahmerfish [at] hotmail [dot]com

snork13

Quote from: AHMER on March 06, 2008, 07:21:37 PM
mine is only working in the default theme its not working in the other theme i am using pirates plzz help

You will need to make the changes manually to your custom theme.

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=402
Mods

labradors

Just wondering: why is a "PayPal merchant account" required?  As long as one is not accepting credit-card donations regularly, or going over the $500, monthly receiving limit, I cannot see the reasoning behind requiring a merchant account for this mod.

snork13

Quote from: labradors on March 10, 2008, 10:40:16 AM
Just wondering: why is a "PayPal merchant account" required?  As long as one is not accepting credit-card donations regularly, or going over the $500, monthly receiving limit, I cannot see the reasoning behind requiring a merchant account for this mod.

When I made the mod over 2 years ago, paypal required a merchant account to use the Create Buttons feature for the payment gateway. It is one of many Merchant Services. If you don't need a merchant account, awesome. Just like to say some may receive over $500 a month or wish to accept CC donations.

-snork13
Mods

labradors

Great!  Thank you for your quick response.

Another mod I had considered was Treasury, but it turns out that it requires a Premier or Business account, since it uses IPN, which is only available to those types of accounts.  Thus, unless this mod requires IPN (or other such features that Personal accounts cannot use), it appears that it should work fine for my purposes.

Thanks again!

Advertisement: