News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

PaypalDonations

Started by snork13, February 06, 2006, 11:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LiamTheDuck

Any chance of upgrading to 2.0?
I am back, its been like a year... so yeah.... how has it been? :D

snork13

You mean for SMF 2.0
If so I already did just need to release it I am in the process of updating my package server
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

LiamTheDuck

I am back, its been like a year... so yeah.... how has it been? :D

Taurusguy

Hi ... i plugged this mod in .. but im not sure where it went ... i cant see the donate button in the theme i am using but i can however see it when i look in default. How do i get the donation button to appear in my theme??

I am using the helios_mult11final theme.

I also dont know what code it REQs from paypal for the HTML code in the text area ... do i use the generated button code for donations that paypal issues?? or some other code?? Please help if you can.

Thanks

labradors

Quote from: Taurusguy on March 11, 2008, 05:50:13 PM
... i cant see the donate button in the theme i am using

I had the same problem until I read the instructions at the link in snork13's signature (Installing mods on custom themes).  Once I examined the "modification.xml" file, and compared it to what I actually had, I discovered I needed to change some of my files manually.  After I did that, it worked fine.

Taurusguy

I see .. but im having a hard time even understanding that . i have looked at it .. and its still very confusing :( .... *pulls hair out lol*

labradors

Well, I can't offer this to EVERYone, but since I just did this same thing, myself, and it's fresh in my mind, I'd be willing to modify the files for you.  Reply to this message and, at the bottom of the form, you'll see "Additional Options."  Click there, and you'll find a way to attach files to the message.  If, for some reason, that doesn't work, host the files at MediaFire and post the links here.

The files I'll need to see are:

Your forum's index.php file
Sources/ManagePermissions.php
Sources/ModSettings.php
Themes/yourthemename/index.template.php
Themes/yourthemename/languages/Modifications.english.php
Themes/yourthemename/languages/ModSettings.english.php
Themes/yourthemename/languages/Who.english.php

Not ALL of those will, necessarily have to be changed, since most of them probably have been.  Only the ones that don't contain the mod's code, already, will need to be changed.

If any of the "Themes/..." files are not present within the directory for YOUR theme, then attach the corresponding file from the "default" theme directory, instead.  Those probably won't need changing, but we have to be sure all the changes listed in this mod's "modifications.xml" file have been implemented.

snork13

Quote from: gordon7 on March 21, 2008, 03:26:17 PM
I just installed this mod and im unable to see the donation link in the top menu. I am currently using the SMF default theme - core. During installation I received no errors and I don't see any errors in the forum error log area.

Other mods installed:

Ad Management 2.3 - Having issues similar to PayPal Donations mod - installed but not displaying.
SMF Gallery lite 1.8.2 - Works perfectly

Thanks

Did you enable the mod in the admin area?

-snork13
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

snork13

Quote from: gordon7 on March 22, 2008, 08:02:14 AM
I see no link to do this  :(

It should be near karma, layout. you should see donation.

You can check the Modsettings file in the source directory for

'paypal' => 'ModifypayPalSettings',
Mods

icon

thank you very much!!   O:)

razorblitz07

is there a way to enhance it so that it can show a panel where it shows the Donation Goal?

Like in the panel, it shows:

Goal amount for this month: 75 USD, Received: 35 USD (47%) (percent bar here)     Donate Now

assam_siddibapa

I get this error ......... need help .......

3.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/ModSettings.php   Test failed

Thanks in advance

HaTcH

Any news about a SMF 2.0-compatible package ?

Bec

just wondering if it could be updated to work on 1.15?

Cheers!

Matthew Schenker

Quote from: Bec on May 15, 2008, 06:49:59 AM

Yes, me too!  I was using the Treasury modification, but the newest version eliminates the option for members to choose an "other" donation amount.  About half my supporters choose their own donation amounts, which means the latest version of the treasury system is ineffective for my forum.

I'd like to install the Donation modification to my forum, which runs on 1.1.5.

Thanks,
Matt

damo1981

Hi there Snork is there any news on the Donation package for SMF 2.0, thanks Damo1981

blondeamon

Quote from: razorblitz07 on April 21, 2008, 02:21:59 PM
is there a way to enhance it so that it can show a panel where it shows the Donation Goal?

Like in the panel, it shows:

Goal amount for this month: 75 USD, Received: 35 USD (47%) (percent bar here)     Donate Now

Perfect suggestion! I wanted that too for a long time. Let us know if ti can be done.
Always looking for the best

www.kamenos.gr  Greek Gaming Community

Bec

Quote from: Bec on May 15, 2008, 06:49:59 AM

Cheers!

Updates please?!?

CocoLion

My version of SMF is 1.5. The mod doesn't work for me. What version do I have to have?

kamonbishop

Getting this error. Maybe because I'm using 1.5.

Quote from: Kamonbishop's ErrorThe package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

Advertisement: