News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

PaypalDonations

Started by snork13, February 06, 2006, 11:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bec

Ive got a great solution for anyone having problems and its one less mod to have running on your site:-

You can create a paypal donation page by using their code. To get your code for a donation button, follow the instructions.
1.) Login to your merchant paypal account.
2.) Click on "Merchant Services" button.
3.) Scroll down to "Create Buttons" and click on "Donate".
4.) Fill out the form and your done.

learjet45

I too would like a version compatible with 1.1.5. I could really use this feature and this is the best way for me to do it at this point in time.

KirkhamsEbooks

The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

mrnifty

Sounds like a great mod. Wish it was available for smf 2.0

linette97

Yea same here... using 1.15
I would like to try Bec's Suggestion for now.. But where do I place the generated code from paypal.. I've done this on a site I had before but this forum code thing is way different then HTML... Please Advise..

BEC
Ive got a great solution for anyone having problems and its one less mod to have running on your site:-

You can create a paypal donation page by using their code. To get your code for a donation button, follow the instructions.
Watch Documentaries Online!

Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift,
That's why it's called the Present.

bullbreedluverz

i use the merchant button method on my site, using SMF 1.1.5, for merchandise and use the global headers and footers mod, that i use anyway for other things, to paste the HTML code in for the paypal button - it saves having to place it in the template if you arent comfortable with messing with the template

it will align left so i use a <p align="center"> in the code to centre it and it can be placed at the bottom or under the header and will appear on everypage

if you do want it centred place the <p align="center"> in the middle of the HTML code before;

<input type="image" src="https://www.paypal.com.........etc etc

Bec

Quote from: linette97 on August 27, 2008, 09:51:47 PM
Yea same here... using 1.15
I would like to try Bec's Suggestion for now.. But where do I place the generated code from paypal.. I've done this on a site I had before but this forum code thing is way different then HTML... Please Advise..

BEC

linette97 I have mine setup in an article, you can check it out here

http://www.bu-community.com/index.php?page=SupportUs

if you want it off your front page just put it in a html block

crotalusco

Well I wanted to uninstall this. There wasnt an uninstall button in my package manage and made the mistake of just trying to delete it.

Can you please tell me how i can now remove it from this server and my others as well that dont list an uninstall button

learjet45

My best guess would be to use the manual install instructions, but backwards (like delete what it adds).

snork13

I updated the mod for 2.0 beta 4 only, and will work on the 1.1.7 version very soon. meanwhile, if anyone running 2.0 beta 4 wished to test this version out that would be great. i attached it to this post. please make a backup first just to be safe...

-snork13
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

jessyx

I have a problem with the newest version of this mod.
When installed under SMF 1.1.8 with the default theme, there are no issues.
When I change the theme, I cannot access the "donate" button/link area.
I am attempting to figure out how to fix this, but I really am not good with PHP.  My area of expertise is in C# and hxxp:asp.net [nonactive] - so this side of the house is hard for me.

learjet45

if you attach the index.template.php file for the theme you are using, myself or another person should be able to take care of it for you.

richard68

Installed without issue or error but I do not see the donations tab under Admin -> Features and Options.  After installation is did say it successfully installed and provided a link to the configuration page.  When I clicked on the link it brought me to a page with a checkbox and two text boxes but the tab name was blank and there was not text next to the checkbox or the text boxes.  Running SMF 1.1.8 default theme, with SimplePortal 2.1.1 and RSS Feed Icon 1.1

Type Action Description
1. Execute Modification ./index.php Test successful
2. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php Test successful
3. Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php Test failed
4. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test successful
5. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Test successful
6. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.english.php Test successful
7. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php Test successful
8. Extract File ./Themes/default/Paypal.template.php 
9. Extract File ./Sources/Paypal.php 
10. Execute Code add_settings_1_1_x.php

snork13

Quote from: 2012 on March 18, 2009, 08:41:18 AM
Type Action Description
1. Execute Modification ./index.php Test successful
2. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php Test successful
4. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test successful
5. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Test successful
6. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.english.php Test successful
7. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php Test successful
8. Extract File ./Themes/default/Paypal.template.php 
9. Extract File ./Sources/Paypal.php 
10. Execute Code add_settings_1_1_x.php

chances are it trying to modify something that another mod already modified, you can edit that file manually.

-snork13
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

Quote from: snork13 on March 18, 2009, 07:39:46 PM
Quote from: 2012 on March 18, 2009, 08:41:18 AM

chances are it trying to modify something that another mod already modified, you can edit that file manually.
-snork13

Could you explain how this is done?

Thanks!

JeepneyDriver

I have the same problem with this mod and I am wondering if this is a viable alternative method to add this mod.

I was thinking that it may be okay to edit the modification_1_1_x.xml file and remove all references to the Modsettings.php file between the

<file name=". . . Modsettings.php">
</file

and then install from the package manager. Once that is done I would manually edit the required changes in the Modsettings.php file, making a backup copy first.

That way there is less manual editing required and the other files would be backed up in the process.

OR

Should all the affected files be edited and backed up manually?

Hope that makes sense. :)

Edit... forgot to say that I'm runnig 1.1.8 and correct a typo.

snork13

Quote from: JeepneyDriver on March 24, 2009, 11:57:56 PM
I have the same problem with this mod and I am wondering if this is a viable alternative method to add this mod.

I was thinking that it may be okay to edit the modification_1_1_x.xml file and remove all references to the Modsettings.php file between the

<file name=". . . Modsettings.php">
</file

and then install from the package manager. Once that is done I would manually edit the required changes in the Modsettings.php file, making a backup copy first.

That way there is less manual editing required and the other files would be backed up in the process.

OR

Should all the affected files be edited and backed up manually?

you can still run via package manager and then edit the one file by hand

-snork13
Mods

JeepneyDriver

Quote from: snork13 on March 25, 2009, 04:24:16 PM
Quote from: JeepneyDriver on March 24, 2009, 11:57:56 PM
. <snipped>

you can still run via package manager and then edit the one file by hand

-snork13

Thanks. I did as you suggested. As I was editing the file I discoverd that a portion of the Modesttings.php file was modified by the package manager and all I had to do for that part was verify that it was okay.

Thanks for the help. :)

hellboy78

I'm trying to istall this mod, but I receive this message

what can I do?

Advertisement: