News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

PaypalDonations

Started by snork13, February 06, 2006, 11:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thenewguy2009

i used this mod on my last forum, i was wondering if this will be capable for 1.9 anytime soon?

GravuTrad

For snork13, i put the french translation of the mod here:

./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.french.php

Find:

?>

Add before:

$txt['payPal'] = 'Dons';
$txt['paypal'] = 'Dons';
$txt['cannot_payPal_view'] = 'Désolé, vous n\'êtes pas autorisé à voir la page des dons.';
$txt['permissionname_payPal_view'] = 'Voir la page des dons';
$txt['permissionhelp_payPal_view'] = 'Permet aux gens de voir la page des dons. Si ce n\'est pas réglé, les gens ne verront pas la page.';

./Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.french.php

Find:
$txt['karmaLabel'] = 'Label \'Karma\'';
$txt['karmaApplaudLabel'] = 'Label positif';
$txt['karmaSmiteLabel'] = 'Label négatif';

Add after:

$txt['payPalEnable'] = 'Activer le don';
$txt['payPalKey'] = 'Formulaire Paypal (html)';
$txt['payPalReason'] = 'Raison du don';
$txt['payPalFO'] = 'Dons';

./Themes/default/languages/Who.french.php

Find:

$txt['whoall_.xml'] = 'Télécharge un flux XML/RSS du forum.';

Add after:

$txt['whoall_paypal'] = 'Voir les <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=paypal">Dons</a>.';
On a toujours besoin d'un plus petit que soi! (Petit!Petit!)

Think about Search function before posting.
Pensez à la fonction Recherche avant de poster.

Thenewguy2009

Any luck this will be available for 1.9?

GravuTrad

Quote from: snork13 on May 26, 2009, 09:06:13 AM
Quote from: ATICE on May 24, 2009, 09:09:01 PM
Will this be compatible for 2.0 RC1-1 anytime soon?

you can emulate when applying the package or change the install xml for your current version. I hope to update all mods soon.

-snork13

snork13

Quote from: GravuTrad on June 29, 2009, 08:58:03 PM

Find:

?>

Add before:

$txt['payPal'] = 'Dons';
$txt['paypal'] = 'Dons';
$txt['cannot_payPal_view'] = 'D&eacute;sol&eacute;, vous n\'&ecirc;tes pas autoris&eacute; &agrave; voir la page des dons.';
$txt['permissionhelp_payPal_view'] = 'Permet aux gens de voir la page des dons. Si ce n\'est pas r&eacute;gl&eacute;, les gens ne verront pas la page.';

Find:
$txt['karmaSmiteLabel'] = 'Label n&eacute;gatif';

Add after:

Find:

$txt['whoall_.xml'] = 'T&eacute;l&eacute;charge un flux XML/RSS du forum.';

Add after:

$txt['whoall_paypal'] = 'Voir les <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=paypal">Dons</a>.';

thanks, I will added it on the next update

-snork13
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

GravuTrad

Thanks snork13.

The next updates will update your mods?

imno007

I've installed this with  SMF 2.0 RC1-1, emulating 2.0 RC1, input the necessary Paypal code, enabled it, and all users (except guests) have permission to view it, but there's no donation button showing up. So I'm assuming I have to edit my theme somewhere. Any suggestions?

TIA!

EDIT: Okay, thanks, but nm, I decided to just manually add a button.

SoLoGHoST

While this is a good idea, I suggest taking this idea even further so that you can have each user, within their profile (if a permission is set for that usergroup in which the user belongs to) add a PayPal Donate Button, and this button will be added to every topic, either near the avatar or underneath the topic message.  That way if someone receives help from another person who has a Donate button in there, if that person feels like donating $$ to the other person for helping them, than this would be possible.  Great thing also about this idea is that it can bring some quality members to your forums.  Hell, I'm about to start making this MOD right now.  But figured, since you're already halfway there, why not ask if you'll do it.  Anyways, let me know, k?

justjim

I'm sure you are working as fast as you can on this great mod. But I was wondering if any of the manual instructions you have posted will work with Vs 1.1.10? Or will we need to wait for the update

Thanks again for a great mod.

sepulchre

I dont suppose there is anyway to have donations sent as gifts is there? (to avoid paypal charges etc?)

snork13

Quote from: GravuTrad on July 09, 2009, 12:17:50 PM
Thanks snork13.

The next updates will update your mods?

i updated, but forgot about this. I work on adding it today ;)
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

justjim

I noticed ther was a package update today. Thanks.

I tried to install through package manager but got this error

Installations actions for "PaypalDonations":
Installing this package will perform the following actions:  Type Action Description
1. Execute Modification ./index.php Test successful
2. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php Test successful
3. Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php [color=red]Test failed [/color]
4. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test successful
5. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Test successful
6. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.english.php Test successful
7. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php Test successful
8. Extract File ./Themes/default/Paypal.template.php 
9. Extract File ./Sources/Paypal.php 
10. Execute Code add_settings_1_1_x.php

Any suggestions?

snork13

Quote from: justjim on July 23, 2009, 10:22:27 AM
I noticed ther was a package update today. Thanks.

I tried to install through package manager but got this error

Installations actions for "PaypalDonations":
Installing this package will perform the following actions:  Type Action Description
1. Execute Modification ./index.php Test successful
2. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php Test successful
3. Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php [color=red]Test failed [/color]
4. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test successful
5. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Test successful
6. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.english.php Test successful
7. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php Test successful
8. Extract File ./Themes/default/Paypal.template.php 
9. Extract File ./Sources/Paypal.php 
10. Execute Code add_settings_1_1_x.php

Any suggestions?

My mod can't find the code to change due to the fact that another mod changed the code. you can apply that change manually.

-snork13
Mods

snork13

Quote from: GravuTrad on June 29, 2009, 08:58:03 PM

Find:

?>

Add before:

$txt['payPal'] = 'Dons';
$txt['paypal'] = 'Dons';
$txt['cannot_payPal_view'] = 'D&eacute;sol&eacute;, vous n\'&ecirc;tes pas autoris&eacute; &agrave; voir la page des dons.';
$txt['permissionhelp_payPal_view'] = 'Permet aux gens de voir la page des dons. Si ce n\'est pas r&eacute;gl&eacute;, les gens ne verront pas la page.';

Find:
$txt['karmaSmiteLabel'] = 'Label n&eacute;gatif';

Add after:

Find:

$txt['whoall_.xml'] = 'T&eacute;l&eacute;charge un flux XML/RSS du forum.';

Add after:

commited
Mods

justjim

QuoteMy mod can't find the code to change due to the fact that another mod changed the code. you can apply that change manually.

So apply the mod, then edit the one file manually, is that correct?

snork13

Quote from: justjim on July 23, 2009, 05:24:33 PM
QuoteMy mod can't find the code to change due to the fact that another mod changed the code. you can apply that change manually.

So apply the mod, then edit the one file manually, is that correct?

Yes, that should work. I would make a backup off all the files that will be changed. For that matter I would just keep a copy of default themes and sources files every time a big change. I just make folders with date downloaded.

-snork13
Mods

Duffield1

I'm rather new to insalling modifications - this is my first one, other than a theme change.

I don't have all the files in the 'Language' folder (I use the DilberMC theme).  I tried to copy them over to the DilberMC languages folder, but that did nothing.  Any hints or tips as to how I can get this to work with the theme? 

In the launguage folder, I just have lots of language variations or Settings.english.php.

Thanks!
Trying to make the world a more intelligent place one question at a time! www.intelligentanswers.co.uk

snork13

If you don't have the files in the custom theme, change the files in the default theme, your custom them will fall back on those files

-snork13
Mods

Duffield1

It is still not working correctly, so I've been trying to work out where the problem lies. 

If I change one board to the 'default' theme, when in that theme, the mod works perfectly, but on all the other boards (using the DilberMC theme), the donation tab does not appear.

When in the default theme, if you click on the 'Donate' tab, it takes you to a donate page which is in the Dilber theme, so it looks like the only thing that is not working is the command to insert a new tab in the Dilber theme.

If I remove the line:
   if (($modSettings['payPalEnable']) && (allowedTo('payPal_view')))
From index.template.php
then I get a button that says 'Donation' on the menu bar, but the font does not match the rest of the menu bar, and I guess that this means my PayPal account is viewable by every spambot that vistis the site.

Does this information help at all?  I apologise for not being quite so au fait on how this all works - it is pretty new to me!

** addendum ** Whilst I, as the administrator, can see the donations page in the default style, non-admin users still see it in the DilberMC theme.
Trying to make the world a more intelligent place one question at a time! www.intelligentanswers.co.uk

Kindred

as with any other mod, you will have to manually install it into your custom theme files.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: