News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

PaypalDonations

Started by snork13, February 06, 2006, 11:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babalola olasehinde

i did  not get any error why installing it on my forum www.havilah.info and have check the permission section by i cant seems to find any permission relating to paypal donation.pls what am i doing wrong? I use smf 2.0 .thx

DarkAngel612

going to admin > Members > Permissions > Regular Members > click modify link

In that very first section there should be a line that says View Donation Page...make sure it has a checkmark at the end of that line

That is all I can think of to do since I am still learning 2.0
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

DarkAngel612

My turn about this problem too

Although mine is only a test forum so my admins can get the feel of the new look and all....now that  this problem has arisen I went looking for the actual controls...so different from 1.1.16 where there is a place in features to set the donations page.

I did run across in the Security and Moderation area a HOT spot in between General and AntiSpam that acts like there should be a link there and even shows the link at the bottom of the window----see image please

Is there another place besides Permissions to set the members not guests to see the link for donations page. I did find the spot in Modification Settings for writing in the code and reason...but is there anywhere else?

Thanks
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Uhura!

Hi everyone,

I have this mod installed & it says the the Donations Tab to control it is under Features & Options.

The good news is - the mod works great...The bad news is, I don't have the tab... or at least - it isn't where the mod says it should be and it isn't where I remember it :(

Can you help?

Thanks!

SMF 2.0 RC3

Works great!

No longer able to control it / no Donations tab...

Not here either...

:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

DarkAngel612

what version of paypal donations did you use?

any error messages?

mine shows in the modifications settings area

Uhura!

No errors DarkAngel.

You can see in the images I posted - the administrative tab to control the mod isn't showing up in either place...

Very frustrating :(
:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

DarkAngel612

Quote from: Uhura! on February 25, 2012, 08:46:11 PM
No errors DarkAngel.

You can see in the images I posted - the administrative tab to control the mod isn't showing up in either place...

Very frustrating :(

more questions...did you try looking while in the default theme?

have you tried uninstalling it then reinstalling it

when you follow the link for its page from the forum...is it accessible still

which version of paypal donations did you use and which mod exactly

Drover

Any chance this will be available for 2.02 anytime soon?

The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

DarkAngel612

ok, if you are using snork's mod:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=273

thenn I have attqached the one that works for me in both 2.02 and 1.1.16

Kindred

Unfortunately, unless a mod has an open source license specified, we can't allow others to distribute their own copies...

However, the mod installs just fine on 2.0.2, if you use the emulate version feature - at he bottom o the package manager page, click advanced... Thn choose the version tt he mod needs? In this case, 2.0
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DarkAngel612

Quote from: Kindred on February 26, 2012, 08:23:40 AM
Unfortunately, unless a mod has an open source license specified, we can't allow others to distribute their own copies...

However, the mod installs just fine on 2.0.2, if you use the emulate version feature - at he bottom o the package manager page, click advanced... Thn choose the version tt he mod needs? In this case, 2.0

sorry if I mislead you but that is/was NOT my own mod I uploaded

it is the original one from this site that has only the package-info.xml file edited to include 1.1.99 vs just 1.1.16

it would not work no matter how many times I downloaded it from here for the 1.1.16 forums I manage and I would need to manually edit files but just adding that helped the package manager "see" it and it uploaded then works...1.1.16 forums...the 2.0 forums worked great also after I edited the file.

Kindred

Oh no, I understood... However, the rule, unfortunately still effects the attached files.

And yes, changing the package.xml to include additional versions s what you may do for 1.1.x, but you don't need to do that for 2.0, since you can just emulate versions easily from the package manager.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Uhura!

Quote from: DarkAngel612 on February 25, 2012, 11:15:02 PM
more questions...did you try looking while in the default theme?

have you tried uninstalling it then reinstalling it

when you follow the link for its page from the forum...is it accessible still

which version of paypal donations did you use and which mod exactly

Click here

Which File has the Admin Tab? I may be able to fix it there right?

DarkAngel612

Quote from: Uhura! on February 28, 2012, 11:09:58 AM

Which File has the Admin Tab? I may be able to fix it there right?

try checking this file to see if the code is in it....otherwise I would open the zip...look at the modification_2_0_x.xml

then manually check the files on the server to see if the codes were entered into each one....remember to use a duplicate to edit on.

Go to: sources/Admin.php

search for:

'paypal' => array($txt['paypal_title']),

it should be located just before: 'general' => array($txt['mods_cat_modifications_misc']),

Uhura!

Ok...so i looked in the location you suggested. The paypal bit of code is not there... what's next?

DarkAngel612

Quote from: Uhura! on February 29, 2012, 04:19:56 PM
Ok...so i looked in the location you suggested. The paypal bit of code is not there... what's next?

find his code:

'general' => array($txt['mods_cat_modifications_misc']),

immediately after it ADD this one:

'paypal' => array($txt['paypal_title']),

save and upload it to the server once more---use a duplicate file.

Hope that lets it show in the admin section where it is supposed to be located.

AllanD

Does this mod work with 2.0.2?
Check out this great sites.
KnD Hosting

DarkAngel612

Quote from: CrazieGrafix on March 25, 2012, 11:03:49 AM
Does this mod work with 2.0.2?

yes it does I use it in all my forums I handle including my own.

AllanD

Thanks I have it installed now.
Check out this great sites.
KnD Hosting

Advertisement: