News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

PaypalDonations

Started by snork13, February 06, 2006, 11:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wise Justine

Could someone reply to my question one page above ? I really need help.
hxxp:usfex.musann.com [nonactive]

Bigguy

Everything the mod failed on you will have to do those modifications yourself manually.

HvyMtalMama

I am getting this error.
Quote1.     Execute Modification     ./index.php     Test successful
2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ModSettings.php    Test failed
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.english.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php    Test successful
8.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/Paypal.template.php    
9.    Extract File    ./Sources/Paypal.php    
10.    Execute Code    add_settings.php

Moddy

I'm getting this error:-

Installing this package will perform the following actions:  Type Action Description
1. Execute Modification ./index.php Test successful
2. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php Test failed
3. Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php Test successful
4. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test successful
5. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Test successful
6. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.english.php Test successful
7. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php Test successful
8. Extract File ./Themes/default/Paypal.template.php 
9. Extract File ./Sources/Paypal.php 
10. Execute Code add_settings.php

I have the following installed:-
1. SMF 1.0.7 / 1.1 RC2 Update 1.0     
2. Member Specific Permissions 1.32     
3. Googlebot & Spiders Mod 1.0.5     
4. Board Notes 1.0.4     
5. Group Moderators 1.3d     
6. Karma Description Mod 1.9.7     
7. Users Online Today Mod 1.4.0 Beta 2     
8. Sticky First Post (extends sticky topic) 1.2.2     
9. AutoSig 1.1     
10. Unreplied Questions 0.2     
11. SMF Staff Page 1.2     
12. nwsw.nwswAdminAttachAnything 1.0     
13. Attachments Mod 1.1     
14. Search Topic 1.0     
15. Reason For Editing Mod 1.11     
16. Location Mod 1.2     
17. Coar's Skype Mod 1.4     
18. Simple ImageShack 1.2.1     
19. PagesToGo12 1.2     

My forum version is 1.1 RC2.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Moddy

PrizeLive.com

Installations actions for "PaypalDonations":
Installing this package will perform the following actions:
   Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test successful
2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test failed

4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.english.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php    Test successful
Get Paid Instantly via PayPal (or other options) at PrizeLive.com!

snork13

If a test fails the mod will not install fine. I test my mods on default installs without any other mod being installed, so I would guess another mod is conflicting, and the package manager can not find the code to change. If you look at the .xml modification file, it will show what code needs to be added, and where to add it.

-Snork13
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

PrizeLive.com

Quote from: snork13 on June 09, 2006, 02:47:19 PM
If a test fails the mod will not install fine. I test my mods on default installs without any other mod being installed, so I would guess another mod is conflicting, and the package manager can not find the code to change. If you look at the .xml modification file, it will show what code needs to be added, and where to add it.

-Snork13

Thanks, but if I install it manually will it work fine or will it still conflict with another mod?

Elegant John

I am glad this thread is active because I have been intending to further my comments on this mod.

I installed it and got the same errors the rest of you are getting. I then went to mod.xml and manually installed the mod following the procedure exactly, but going one step further. I put the calls for the mod at the top of the rest of the other mods in the various files.

The result? I now have two donation buttons on my front page. One "Donate" the other "Donations", both with the same function.

The text area shows up in the default theme as it should but without the check box to activate it. In the "Features and Options" the "Donation" link is there to configure but here is where it all goes to hell. Click the link and I get a white screen with this error message

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: modifypaypalsettings() in /home/fronter/public_html/lg/Sources/ModSettings.php on line 186

Line 186 is a call to the mod. // Call the right function for this sub-acton.
$subActions[$_REQUEST['sa']]();

Anyone have any further suggestions? At this point, I am close to reporting this as unusable which I hate to do because it has fantastic potential if the author would help us solve the issues.

GwE¬ØЯΐĠîŋ™

Ok, I tried to apply this mod myself, but I suck with php  :-[
Could you make the mod so it works for SMF 1.0.7? I, and many others would like it if you did.

Thanks.

Xfire: origin89 | Xbox Live: I ORiGiN L

PrizeLive.com

What should I do to fix this?

snork13

Quote from: SurfExcelerator.com on June 28, 2006, 10:10:00 AM

What should I do to fix this?

what other mods do you have installed? You could take a look at the modification file and change the code by hand, but remember to always make backups first!

-Snork13
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

PrizeLive.com

Quote from: snork13 on June 28, 2006, 10:16:21 AM
what other mods do you have installed? You could take a look at the modification file and change the code by hand, but remember to always make backups first!

-Snork13

Other mods installed:

PrizeLive.com

snork13

Quote from: SurfExcelerator.com on June 29, 2006, 02:50:29 PM
any update?

I suspect one of the other mods you have installed is conflicting with the xml file, meaning it can't find the code which needs to be changed. I based my mods on a "default" install with NO mods. So I might suggest making the changes by hand by looking at the xml modification file. Make sure you make a backup of your current files.

-Snork13
Mods

K_4_kelly

Hi,

Everytime I key in the reason for donation and the paypal form in the donation panel and save it, the information is not there when I go in to the panel again. Also the donation is not shown in the menu.

any idea??

thanks!

Kel

snork13

Quote from: ukwalker on July 09, 2006, 04:24:17 PM
Hi,

Everytime I key in the reason for donation and the paypal form in the donation panel and save it, the information is not there when I go in to the panel again. Also the donation is not shown in the menu.

any idea??

thanks!

Kel

I would check the database to see if the values for the mod where added. You can check via phpMyAdmin. Are you using the default smf theme?

-Snork13
Mods

Pat26

Execute Modification     ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php     Test failed

Bigguy

You can manually add those edits to the ManagePermissions.php First go ahead with the install then edit that file and add the appropriate edits.

PrizeLive.com

Whenever I check the box to "enable the donation" and click save, it doesnt work..... i know because when i go back into it... its unchecked again... wahts going on?

snork13

Quote from: SurfExcelerator.com on July 13, 2006, 03:58:40 PM
Whenever I check the box to "enable the donation" and click save, it doesnt work..... i know because when i go back into it... its unchecked again... wahts going on?

it would seem that add_settings.php was not run, did you install via the package manager or by hand. You should have in the database,

'payPalEnable' => '0',
   'payPalKey' => '',
   'payPalReason' => '',

you could run the add_settings.php by http://yoursite/forum/add_settings.php . Additionally you could check the database using phpMyAdmin to make sure they are getting into your database.

-Snork13
Mods

Advertisement: