News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

PaypalDonations

Started by snork13, February 06, 2006, 11:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleone

Well it was like the second or third mod i added and it installed clean so idk.  Its not all that important I guess, but would have been nice ;)

snork13

Quote from: littleone on August 28, 2006, 06:22:57 PM
Well it was like the second or third mod i added and it installed clean so idk.  Its not all that important I guess, but would have been nice ;)

what are the other mods you have installed, i'll be able to tell what the package manager has problems with then.
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

littleone

Well I have almost 40 now, but I do not remember which ones I had installed before then.  It was like the second or third mod I had installed...but here is my current list.

REMOVED

Jay T

Quote from: snork13 on August 28, 2006, 06:12:35 PM
Quote from: Jay T on August 28, 2006, 11:36:21 AM
It isn't working from the install package.

I just installed on a fresh install of 1.1 RC3 without any problems, worked like a charm. I suspect you have another mod installed that is conflicting with mine, if this is the case you will need to install manually by looking at the modification file, and run add_settings...or use phpmyadmin to add the values need to the database.

-Snork13

When the add_settings is ran from a url it goes to a blank page.

snork13

Quote from: Jay T on August 30, 2006, 02:16:04 PM
Quote from: snork13 on August 28, 2006, 06:12:35 PM
Quote from: Jay T on August 28, 2006, 11:36:21 AM
It isn't working from the install package.

I just installed on a fresh install of 1.1 RC3 without any problems, worked like a charm. I suspect you have another mod installed that is conflicting with mine, if this is the case you will need to install manually by looking at the modification file, and run add_settings...or use phpmyadmin to add the values need to the database.

-Snork13

When the add_settings is ran from a url it goes to a blank page.

ok, i didn't add any "the setting where added" which i will on the next release, but if you have phpmyadmin you could check if the tables were altered.

-snork13
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

Lew Cipher

Quote from: littleone on August 27, 2006, 03:58:12 PM
I am using the newest version, and I got everything installed and running, however when i go to save my paypal code and my text it just clears out the boxes again.

This is what happened to me also.
Version: SMF 1.1.2
Many mods installed

codenut

I really like this mod but it would be nice to have more then one donation / recurring payment on the donation page. I had it installed and working fine but I need something with the above functionality so it's been removed until something else comes along or this one adds this option.
Steven Hodson
WinExtra
Blog: http://www.winextra.com
Forums: http://www.winextra.com/forums

Drunken Clam

Great mod snork - works like a dream, thanks  ;D

devnet

How does one go about integrating this into a theme other than default?  Is there a thread that shows how to do this?

snork13

Quote from: devnet on October 05, 2006, 10:11:10 AM
How does one go about integrating this into a theme other than default?  Is there a thread that shows how to do this?

A simple search of the doc site returns...

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=402

-Snork13
Mods

devnet

Quote from: snork13 on October 06, 2006, 03:20:04 PM
Quote from: devnet on October 05, 2006, 10:11:10 AM

A simple search of the doc site returns...

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=402

-Snork13

That 'sort of' answers questions.  But I'm using 1.1 RC3 and there's quite a bit of difference in the .xml file...I'm not sure what the $boarddir and $sourcedir are looking at...I'm not sure how to proceed on it. 

devnet

Well, I got it working for pn-pn...it took many trials and errors to do so...I switched members back to default while I troubleshot it and things were fine.  After a few weeks research and 3 tries...I finally go this thing working with a tab in pn-pn. :D  Thanks for the help snork...even though the link to the doc is outdated for RC3 I was able to apply the info there to solve this.

Chad

Isn't there a mod for SMF that works more like the other forums for paypal donations?  Something that you can set a monthly goal in and shows who's donated, who hasn't and how much has been donated (minus the paypal fees) etc., ?  That worked really well for my site before I switched to SMF but now with SMF I'm finding that I have to maintain a donation status page manually so people know how much is left to donate for the month.

shapeshifter

Apparently does not work with the Dilbert theme, as I have everything looks to have gone fine with the the install, but there's no sign of the paypal button in the theme....

snork13

Quote from: shapeshifter on November 27, 2006, 11:59:24 AM
Apparently does not work with the Dilbert theme, as I have everything looks to have gone fine with the the install, but there's no sign of the paypal button in the theme....

that is true, it only works with the default theme. You would need to modify your custom theme to work with mod.
Mods

shapeshifter

Are the instructions for doing so in this thread? I'll take a look....

snork13

Quote from: shapeshifter on November 27, 2006, 03:06:17 PM

Have a look here. It should help explain.

-Snork13
Mods

shapeshifter

Quote from: snork13 on November 27, 2006, 03:29:27 PM
Quote from: shapeshifter on November 27, 2006, 03:06:17 PM

Have a look here. It should help explain.

-Snork13

Thanks. I edited the template's index.template.php file and got a donate button showing but the button's text is off-centered (yes, I did center it) and dark, so hopefully I'll have better luck with this way. Thanks again.

HEB XI 1

Has anyone tested this on 1.1?

Bigguy

Mine seems to be working fine.

Advertisement: