News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[Theme] Terra Incognita (SMF 1.1 RC2)

Started by jasidog, February 10, 2006, 07:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trenchteam

Thanks Jasidog. Im planning on using this theme for another site I have in the works. ;)

jasidog

You're welcome Trench. :)

Ok for those experiencing them these two files should fix the display issues on the posting help page and the track IP page.

Just upload them to - your-smf/Themes/Terra-Incognita/

Replacing the files already there.

These updates won't be added to the main download package till the next release.

Anisz

Hey jasidog, are you planning on making any colour variations for this theme. It is the best theme I have seen on any forum software but neither the original or the blue coloured variations suit my forum, I was thinking of a theme based on fire colours such as orange, yellow, red!

I would not mind paying for it if available but that would have to be next month.

Keep up the good work guys, great theme, great author!

jasidog

Thanks very much for the compliments Anisz! :)

Yes for a charge I'd consider it (I allways need money. :D) but contact me next month. If you still are interested at that point and I have time to do the work we can talk. :)

Thank you. :)

--------------------

Finnish language graphics updated.

phase

Im not sure where I should post this, but I am having some dificulties with your theme.

As you may see hxxp:vectorzero.adminpalace.com/smf/ [nonactive] the disclamer isnt appearing, causing it to make that huge text and white box at the bottom.

I installed it as it told me, can anyone help me?

You can contact me through one of the following:
Email - [email protected]
AIM - tenkabuto
MSN - [email protected]

jasidog

Sent you an Email. Basicly you need to be running SMF 1.1 RC2. You're likely running RC1.

JayBachatero

He's running 1.0.5.  You need 1.1 RC2 to use this theme.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Dannii

As said in the first post, this theme will not work in 1.0.x.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

phase

Oh, okay. Sorry you guys for wasting your time. :)

jasidog

You didn't waste anyones time at all. :)

And I got an email from someone else with the issue Phase so your not the only person to have made the mistake. :)

Good luck with your board. :)

jasidog

For anyone wanting to make translations of the English graphics (buttons) you can download Fireworks PNG files for that now.

There's also some instruction there.

afterglow

hey, this is one of the coolest theme i've seen here. very unique! thanks for sharing this.

regards,
afterglow

Lili_

I love this theme and thank you for taking the time to make it so we can enjoy it.

I just need some help in aligning the text to the left. I tried playing with the stylesheet, without much success, which is not surprising since I am not that good at it.

How can I do that? I find the centered layout a bit hard to follow and read.

Thank you!

jasidog

Hi Lili. :)

I'm not sure it will really look how you want it however if you search for the following in the CSS -

.forums-topics dt {
border-top:1px solid #AD9C82;
padding :3px 54px 0px 54px;
margin:2px 0 0 0;
}
.forums-topics dd {
border-bottom:1px solid #AD9C82;
padding :0px 54px 3px 54px;
position:relative;
margin:0;
min-height:30px;
}

Change that section to this -

.forums-topics dt {
border-top: 1px solid #AD9C82;
padding: 3px 54px 0px 54px;
margin: 2px 0 0 0;
text-align: left;
}
.forums-topics dd {
border-bottom: 1px solid #AD9C82;
padding: 0px 54px 3px 54px;
position: relative;
margin: 0;
min-height: 30px;
text-align: left;
}

Lili_

Thank you very much, Jasi!

That worked like a charm. You are right, its not quite where I wanted it, but with tiny bit of tweaking I will be in forum heaven   ;D

Thanks again!

Lili

Cottelletje

Jasi got a question

how can i add the style of the memberslist into a different theme?
|| Leonardo Dicaprio is the Hottest Man Alive Believe Me ||

Gary

If you want the default themes memberlist style, then just delete Memberlist.template.php from the themes folder. And it will revert to using the default.

But I always back up the file into a folder just in case.

'Tis a nice theme.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Cottelletje

@ awwlilmaggie :  i don't want to delete it  i want to use the style of the memberlist of the theme terra to be integrated in a theme i use for my forum  ;)

|| Leonardo Dicaprio is the Hottest Man Alive Believe Me ||

Gary

Ah. Now that makes more sense. Did you try copying memberlist.template.php from this theme into the folder for your theme?
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

jasidog

Sorry I've not been around.

Yeah, LilMaggie has got things pretty much correct. :) Though it is somewhat more complicated. The HTML/CSS is very differant to the default or other themes so you'll also need to poach some CSS.

There's actually quite a lot of CSS relevant to that page. In the theme it's repeated on many pages but for you it ill mean a lot for just the one page.

I'll get back to you with the main parts you'll need shortly.

Advertisement: