News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF ERROR

Started by jmphillippi, March 14, 2004, 12:44:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmphillippi

I get this error no matter what I have tried.  I have installed PHP and Yabbse many times with no problems.  I also have been following the intall instructions line per line and still get this error. Look at the screen shot for all errors.  Please help me if you can.  Thanks

writeto

Just from the write errors it would appear that the permissions are not correctly set.

[Unknown]

Can I see a phpinfo.php file?

I'm going to have to guess that either it's not posting correctly or you don't have PHP 4.1.0....

-[Unknown]

jmphillippi

I have set up about 6 different php and Yabbse boards before.  Here is the phpinfo page for the smf board I am trying to get going.  http://phillippi.us/smf/phpinfo.php.  I hope this helps.  I am at a loss as to what the problem is.  I did follow the directions line by line.  Thanks for the help.

[Unknown]

I do not get the errors you posted when saving "fake" settings, although it does pass through the part of the code that should have the problem.

Could you try restarting your browser?

-[Unknown]

jmphillippi

I just did restart my computer.  I then tried to install and got the same error.

[Unknown]

Well, for some reason your browser is not correctly sending the POST.  What browser are you using?

If you want me to test the installer with correct data, you can message me with something that will work - but that's entirely up to you.

-[Unknown]

jmphillippi

I can try it with netscape.  I have been using IE 6.0.29...  I just tried to mesasge you on AIM but it said you werent there.  I am at phillippihjason if your still on.

jmphillippi

I got it working.  I am just retarded.  Thanks for the help in gettin me to think.....  ::)

writeto

What was the problem for people having similar problems in the future?

Chris Cromer

His problem was IE... maybe he doesn't have the latest version.
Chris Cromer

"I was here, here I was, was I here, sure I was" - The little voice in my head.

writeto

I am using IE 5 when I test1. It works for me. Which means if he was using IE it was a setting. I think it would be beneficial if he told others which setting was causing the error

Chris Cromer

It could have been a bug in his specific version of IE that was fixed in a newer version for all we know. :P

IE5 and IE6 are completely different and bugs can appear between versions that where not in previous ones.
Chris Cromer

writeto

Either way if upgrading was the solution it should be mentioned. The point of a forum like this is for other people to receive help from your questions as well as yourself.

Andrew

Chris Cromer

It was a browser problem... so let's see... the solution is to use a different browser... or make sure you have the latest version of the browser.

Why does it need to be mentioned, if it was an old version of the browser, chances are it won't be seen again because most people keep their browser up to date... either that or probably wouldn't have that exact version that had the bug.
Chris Cromer

jmphillippi

I used IE6 over and over, and finally went to Netscape7 and it worked fine.  I kept telling myself that I was going to use netscape but kept hittin IE and was getting pissed.  So I got a drink too a break and remembered to use Netscape and all was fine.  I am going to mess around with ie6 and get it to work with an upgrade tonight.  So lesson here is dont get mad like I do.  Take a breather and take others advise.  :D

Advertisement: